British Speedway Forum

Yeh could name quite a few actually.. Sad really init..

Baaaarson fire

Edited by Arson fire

For SCB...

I went on a journalist course and they said if you had published "HALF OF THE SPEEDWAY PROMoTERS ARE LIARS"

And then was told retract the statement.... What would you do????

The next week we published......

"HALF OF THE SPEEDWAY PROMOTERS ARE NOT LIARS"

Enjoy - Lefty

Well done Gemini. My two border collies have just gone ape sh*t when I played this

• Like 1

I so wasn't to make a comment about the reaction in Wales but SCB is on too much form just now I'm feart of his reply :P;)

I so wasn't to make a comment about the reaction in Wales but SCB is on too much form just now I'm feart of his reply :P;)

And to think you called me a wimp yesterday :P

For the record, I've since read the article. Jon Cook is a knob, there was no need for calling fans "stupid".

........or for a drunken person to call Cook a RETARD either, which is a worse offence. However, you got it out of your system, tried to deviate from what was actually what you said, got it turned on Starman, and your 'followers' do what they always do. So a good days work ah.

SCB not at his best IMO.

• Like 2

........or for a drunken person to call Cook either, which is a worse offence. However, you got it out of your system, tried to deviate from what was actually what you said, got it turned on Starman, and your 'followers' do what they always do. So a good days work ah.

SCB not at his best IMO.

Don't worry , your opinion doesn't count for much amongst those on this forum who can see the bigger picture. ;)
  • Like 3

For the record, I've since read the article. Jon Cook is a knob,

So what does that make you then... :o

• Like 1

I hope or really hope that all sensible people in this country have never all never will call any person with special needs, some of the worst tittles that some very small minded people called them and some still do.

SCB's comment I think was just a way of showing what a uselees bunch of people we have in charge of the EL.

They hold an anual get to gether to see how they can make the sport worse year in year out. It is well time that the sport was run by a board of independant people.

They would need someone with a knowladge of the sport, but this role, could be taken up by some of the counties top ex riders the Tatums and Louis of this sport who know more about the way things should be run, than most of the board put together.

They should sit down together and read my quote at the bottom of this page, allthough would they ever demean that they are ever wrong in the first place. Doubt it very much.

Edited by weatherwatcher

. It is well time that the sport was run by a board of independant people.

Although in this instance we have had an ill-thought out rule. Which has led the need for another ill-thought out rule. The exact details of which were then kept under cloak and dagger. Then when they are seen, it clearly isn't very sensible. Then anyone who questions any of this beautiful process is called a thick idiot. This sort of problem doesn't need an independent body, just people with enough brains to think about the future properly rather than leaping from one reactive measure to another.

• Like 2

Don't worry , your opinion doesn't count for much amongst those on this forum who can see the bigger picture. ;)

Another nasty piece of work aren't you. Who are you to say someone's opinion doesn't count.

• Like 1

Without reading through every page of opinion upon this thread, I just perceive it to be yet another lame anti-Lakeside rant from SCB.

To this end, I'll just treat his most recent example of 'Hammer Bashing' (ooooh matron!) with the contempt that it deserves.

That said, I fully condone his right of having an opinion. I just wish, at times, that he'd change the record.

• Like 2

Without reading through every page of opinion upon this thread, I just perceive it to be yet another lame anti-Lakeside rant from SCB.

To this end, I'll just treat his most recent example of 'Hammer Bashing' (ooooh matron!) with the contempt that it deserves.

That said, I fully condone his right of having an opinion. I just wish, at times, that he'd change the record.

You mean you've only just started reading this thread ? Well you should have seen how the thread was headed in the first place, untill it got vastly shortened to save poor olds SCB's rants and blushes. Lets just say he should have got a long holiday for it, but favoritisum seems to have won the day !!

Edited by Starman2006

I just perceive it to be yet another lame anti-Lakeside rant from SCB.

Except its not. Putting aside SCB's methods for a minute, which have divided opinion and unfortunately clouded the actual issue, he is unhappy at Jon Cook for calling some speedway supporters thick. Really not the best way to address a dwindling group of customers.

• Like 6