British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Gresham

Somerset V Ipswich 29/4/16

so ....

1)you werent there

2) you try to prove the point that Danny withdrawing made no difference by quoting 5-1s in 5 heats 3 of which he wouldve been in!!

3)your view is therefore somewhat flawed.

Classic!!

I did point out that I was not there and was going by Statto's excellent descriptions of the races.As Naj has pointed out King was on the wrong end of a 1-5 when he came down so you are assuming maybe he would have recovered to share the heat had he not fallen. There are other riders like Kerr , Covatti and Risinger who should have scored more and been more competitive I think from a witches point of view. I see Covatti had a big off in the match the previous day which may have hindered him although nothing was said regarding this. If you award 9 points to Danny the witches still lose by 12, take off the tac and it is 14. Your opinion was by losing by 30 that wasn't so bad, on my opinion it was, hardly "classic". Edited by Cliffeboy

I did point out that I was not there and was going by Statto's excellent descriptions of the races.As Naj has pointed out King was on the wrong end of a 1-5 when he came down so you are assuming maybe he would have recovered to share the heat had he not fallen. There are other riders like Kerr , Covatti and Risinger who should have scored more and been more competitive I think from a witches point of view. I see Covatti had a big off in the match the previous day which may have hindered him although nothing was said regarding this. If you award 9 points to Danny the witches still lose by 12, take off the tac and it is 14. Your opinion was by losing by 30 that wasn't so bad, on my opinion it was, hardly "classic".

sorry can't agree about Risager. Scoring 8 as a second string every week is just fine. Kerr and Richings are the bigger issue and Sarjeant only had 2 decent meeting. Nico will get it right. Risager so far the only team member doing his job.
  • Like 2

Ritchings is struggling to score a point even at home where he's had a few meetings now. If you can't even beat the opposition NL 3 pointer at home then you have to start looking elsewhere unfortunately.

• Like 3

sorry can't agree about Risager. Scoring 8 as a second string every week is just fine. Kerr and Richings are the bigger issue and Sarjeant only had 2 decent meeting. Nico will get it right. Risager so far the only team member doing his job.[/quote

Ok I take your point about Risager Gav, however he was on the end of 3 consecutive 1-5's, had a 4 point tac and only headed Starke in one race out of the Rebels top 5. Looking at the witches from the outside I reckon him and Kerr will probably be rotating the number 3 slot as form dictates.

Personally never been convinced about Sarjeant, as for Ritchings a tough learning curve, I would have been surprised if he had troubled the scorers last night.

• Like 1

To be fair as bad as it might look that Ipswich was, I think it was more just how dominate Somerset was. Jake Allen's last place in heat 1 was the only last place the whole top 5 had all night. We are going to be very very difficult to beat at home it seems this year, Tungate has two maximums in a row now at the OTA including the Plymouth challenge match so he has it all Sussex pretty quickly. Add in Wilson Dean who looks superb and great entertainment too.

• Like 2

Never know what happens to Ipswich, every season they put together a very capable team, a team that should be challenging for trophies, sadly for them it never works out that.

The answer must be there somewhere.

• Like 1

Never know what happens to Ipswich, every season they put together a very capable team, a team that should be challenging for trophies, sadly for them it never works out that.

The answer must be there somewhere.

I thought this years team looked average at best, and it won't make top six without some changes imo..

sorry can't agree about Risager. Scoring 8 as a second string every week is just fine. Kerr and Richings are the bigger issue and Sarjeant only had 2 decent meeting. Nico will get it right. Risager so far the only team member doing his job.

Great result for Debbie and Garry's boys, but I expect it was another of those boring one-sided meetings that 'you don't get in the PL', eh Gav??! :shock::wink::oops:

Well done the Rebels, terrific result!! :t:

• Like 2

Great result for Debbie and Garry's boys, but I expect it was another of those boring one-sided meetings that 'you don't get in the PL', eh Gav??! :shock::wink::oops:

I thought it was a good meeting & like I said, racing IMO was better than the score looks. Ipswich just not getting out the gate

You need to read the reports mate but that would take effort on your part.

Premier league is more exciting with better racing than the Elite league, and without the politics and the constant rule bending by one side..

Win or lose doesnt worry me that much as long as the racing is good.

• Like 2

You need to read the reports mate but that would take effort on your part.

Premier league is more exciting with better racing than the Elite league, and without the politics and the constant rule bending by one side..

Win or lose doesnt worry me that much as long as the racing is good.

Neither do i Gavan except if we lose to Edinburgh then it becomes an issue.

• Like 1

Don't get me wrong I've seen far better meetings at Somerset, but this was still a good meeting which would probably be classed as excellent at the majority of other tracks in the league. Starke's 3rd to 1st up the inside in heat 12 was the pick of the bunch for entertainment value.

As has been said apart from Risager there seems to be very little consistancy in this Ipswich team...