British Speedway Forum
Daniel Smith

King's Lynn Stars 2017

I can't believe I'm seeing people wanting Bailey out already.

We've had 2 league matches ffs :rolleyes:

What's expected from the number 7 in the first place?

He's come into the team on a 2 average and isn't a million miles off​ the pace.

His gating is atrocious but that can improve with a bit of patience & time & race fitness.

At the end of the day if we lose matches with a top 3 of Holder, Lambert & Batch & the back up of Porsing, Huck & Rose, why the fook should the finger pointing be aimed at an inexperienced No7?!?! :unsure:

• Like 9

I can't believe I'm seeing people wanting Bailey out already.

We've had 2 league matches ffs :rolleyes:

What's expected from the number 7 in the first place?

He's come into the team on a 2 average and isn't a million miles off​ the pace.

His gating is atrocious but that can improve with a bit of patience & time & race fitness.

At the end of the day if we lose matches with a top 3 of Holder, Lambert & Batch & the back up of Porsing, Huck & Rose, why the fook should the finger pointing be aimed at an inexperienced No7?!?! :unsure:

I've said from day one the no7 would be there mainly to make the numbers up I got shot down for saying that -Bailey I'm not criticising him at all he's just not ready simple as that .

I have mentioned Connor Mountain for the no 7 spot many times now, I did not know if they had a fall out with the promotion as he use to ride for development team with his dad the they just disappeared off to Mildenhall. he is a local boy so I find it odd that he don't ride for his local team. Or there is jack Thomas who rides for Kent sure he is from Norwich way

• Like 1

I have mentioned Connor Mountain for the no 7 spot many times now, I did not know if they had a fall out with the promotion as he use to ride for development team with his dad the they just disappeared off to Mildenhall. he is a local boy so I find it odd that he don't ride for his local team. Or there is jack Thomas who rides for Kent sure he is from Norwich way

I just don't think it should be set in stone who we use at 7 let's try other options Connor Mountain would be worth a go from what I've seen this afternoon unless as you say there has been a fall out .

Thought the number 7 position was going to be shared or did I just imagine that ?

I think the move to Midenhall was all about the £'s.

Thought the number 7 position was going to be shared or did I just imagine that ?

Recall reading the plan was to share no 7 with Kyle Hughes - who then decided to give this season a miss.

I really don't know what is expected from Holder by some fans his form was up snd down for Poole especially early in the season, Iversen is a far more consistent rider and Kings Lynn through and through anyone else isn' t going to be as consistent, that doesn't mean Holder won't get maximums at home though and he will get better as the season progresses.

I don't think it is unreasonable to expect a top SGP,ex World champion who is still capable of winning SGP meetings, is still young (29) and very talented, to hit double points in our weakened league on a regular basis.

• Like 1

I don't think it is unreasonable to expect a top SGP,ex World champion who is still capable of winning SGP meetings, is still young (29) and very talented, to hit double points in our weakened league on a regular basis.

I can't agree more

We have to support Chris, he will surely come good for the Stars, I noticed he scored "only" 7+1 from 5 in his Polish team's home loss yesterday. I've never followed how his seasons pan out particularly, him being a Pirate, but he can fill those NKI "scoring" boots if he "wants" ....

We have to support Chris, he will surely come good for the Stars, I noticed he scored "only" 7+1 from 5 in his Polish team's home loss yesterday. I've never followed how his seasons pan out particularly, him being a Pirate, but he can fill those NKI "scoring" boots if he "wants" ....

Yes I'm sure the fans will give him time to bed in and come the end of the season I'm pretty sure that he will be in the top three of the league averages which I don't think you can expect any more from your number 1. I see Niels only scored 7 as well for Gorzow but with the standard of riders in that meeting 7 was probably a half tidy score.

I feel for Buster a little because he'll be between a rock and a hard place now with regards the track.
2 home meetings done in good time with less track grading, what us fans were looking for plus an option of racing lines untampered with.
Problem is and what we've end up with is that build up of dirt round the outside that adds nothing to the racing and the inside is a dust storm.
So as fans, do we continue with the dust storm and swift meetings or a more regular track grade to bring dirt back down again?

As bad as the racing has been over the last decade it was never as bad as the last (Belle Vue) meeting.

Regular grading and go to bed later, we can all stick a late night 😆 our track has always been graded regularly, after every race without fail in our Huggy days.

• Like 1

Can the Stars bring Max Clegg in to replace Josh Bailey or is his average to high? Nothing against Josh but I feel he is out of his depth especially away from home.

Indeed Holder can fill Iversen's scoring boots If he "wants" and there's the rub - does he want to? Is his motivation high enough re UK racing? Did he get too good a guaranteed per match package?

• Like 1