British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
MrMungo

Plymouth 2017

Sad to see the demise of any club, feel for everyone concerned

Very sad to hear this after all the attempts to keep going, with unnecessary interruptions and incidents. Obviously some will be rubbing their hands, but I just hope there is someone trustworthy out there who can stand up to it and make the thing work. It's difficulty is it's remoteness, but if you have a great home following you can make it. Here's hoping.

• Like 1

Very sad news but Never say Never.

Disappointed to read this.

Very sad news..hope all is not lost and we see the Devils race on

when are we going to realise COSTS MUST COME DOWN

i don't care how - weakened teams are better than no teams

riders must go part time - whatever it takes

• Like 5

Very sad news I do feel for the band of supporters who since coming into the Premier League have never missed a meeting at Sheffield when Plymouth were in town.

id also like to say to all plymouth fans and others involved

i feel for you hope you continue to follow speedway in whatever form you can

you wont be the only club to go under if things dont change quickly

Very sad news, hope somebody can come in and run a new look Devils

Have to agree with Matt Bates on Facebook:

"Deeply sad to read the current news about Plymouth speedway. But I have faith that a new promotion will takeover and hopefully do the most logical and best desision for the Devils and take them back to the NL. Sometimes times you have go back to the beginning and rebuild a future and even though most fans would hate the fact of the Devils dropping back down it would save the club once under a new promotion. If they remained in the PL you might as well sign your own death certificate for the Devils. 100% in belief that a new promotion will keep the Devils alive just hope they make the right choice for the clubs future."

NL is a much more sustainable model, if more clubs enter, then the requirement for PL riders needs tone relaxed more (still Brits only though) - hope something can be sorted out soon

• Like 2

Very sad to hear this after all the attempts to keep going, with unnecessary interruptions and incidents. Obviously some will be rubbing their hands, but I just hope there is someone trustworthy out there who can stand up to it and make the thing work. It's difficulty is it's remoteness, but if you have a great home following you can make it. Here's hoping.

Not quite sure any normal speedway fan will be rubbing their hands as for the majority it's sad to see any club go under like this.

• Like 3

Sad news indeed - lets hope there can be some new input to keep things going at whatever level.

• Like 1

We can't afford to keep losing speedway clubs.

Only visited Plymouth once when I was working down there and by coincidence Rye were riding.

Seemed a nice bunch of fans.

I really hope that Plymouth will be at the tapes come 2017.

All the very best.

Gutted I'm absolutely gutted ,I have an 11 year old lad and when I sat him down and told him he started to cry,for god sake bspa enough s enough costs must be brought down or else we are not the only club who will go to the wall,it's lovely to see the messages from other fans it warms the heart but please someone out there at the bspa help us out.ive got to sign off now as I don't no what else to say artthe mment hpefully there is a knight in shining armour out there somewhere.

• Like 1