British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
lucifer sam

Scunthorpe Scorpions Vs Berwick Bandits ( S G B Championship) - Sunday, April 30th (3pm)

Funny how Scott Courtney said in last night's Berwick programme that part of the reason Claus had been dropped was that his away scores had been unsatisfactory.Does that mean he's quite satisfied with the other riders' away scores?Bloody hope not

Funny how Scott Courtney said in last night's Berwick programme that part of the reason Claus had been dropped was that his away scores had been unsatisfactory.Does that mean he's quite satisfied with the other riders' away scores?Bloody hope not

Just about as bad as Havvys excuse the the track had been watered early and didn't dry out due to the wind dropping last night.

Guest Scunny2012
Cracking win for the scorpions, think the change with Nielsen at reserve will make us a lot stronger especially with MPT at number 1 now. Only other change potentially is someone for Wilko if there's someone out there who fits.

Good win for the Scorpions, more passing in one heat than all the heats in the borefest Grand Prix yesterday, only worry as you point out is the poor form of Wilkinson, should have romped home in heat 8 but on the wrong end of a 5-1, to stand any chance of beating Sheffield in a fortnight everybody has to be at the top of their game,special mention to Stefan Nielsen on a very impressive debut, but Bandits definitely require another rider although as daft as it seems Berge would have scored well today on last weeks form

Just about as bad as Havvys excuse the the track had been watered early and didn't dry out due to the wind dropping last night.

To me it looked like as though because Ipswich and in particular Rory Schlein weren't happy with the track being heavy and wet at the cup meeting earlier in the season,they decided to make it wet and heavy again but ballsed it up completely so that nobody could ride it.Nice welcome for the new riders.

• Like 2

Usual high quality EWR meeting :approve:

Pretty much nip and tuck until Nielsen got going and he was just brilliant, quite possibly the best I have seen him ride. He'll make a huge difference to the Scorpions.

Quick word for the track staff on a very windy day. There was dust and a blue line but in the circumstances they did a terrific job :approve:

• Like 2

Cracking win for the scorpions, think the change with Nielsen at reserve will make us a lot stronger especially with MPT at number 1 now. Only other change potentially is someone for Wilko if there's someone out there who fits.

Good win for the Scorpions, more passing in one heat than all the heats in the borefest Grand Prix yesterday, only worry as you point out is the poor form of Wilkinson, should have romped home in heat 8 but on the wrong end of a 5-1, to stand any chance of beating Sheffield in a fortnight everybody has to be at the top of their game,special mention to Stefan Nielsen on a very impressive debut, but Bandits definitely require another rider although as daft as it seems Berge would have scored well today on last weeks form

Judging by the latest GSA wilkinson goes to reserve for your next meeting.

All Scunny riders did well apart Wilkinson maybe now Berge is out of a job he'll be looking over his shoulder.

Cut out problems for Nielsen cost him a few more points in Heats 3 and 7 but a good victory for The Scorpions. Echo HT's thoughts on the track they did their best under difficult circumstances

A welcome victory for The Scorpions.

Some great racing. Wasn't the best of meetings but given the wind and a constantly drying track, there was some great entertainment on show.

Good team effort from Scunny, all riders chipping in with valuble points. That said, Wilko maybe a tad disappointed with his contribution. Stefan Nielsen certainly made a big difference to the Scorpions, shame he isn't gonna stay at reserve, I guess Wilko will now move to that position.

For Berwick. Morris and Bridger were full value for money, always in the thick of the action and perhaps deserved more for their efforts. Doolan rode well for the first part of the meeting before fading off a little. One big positive for The Bandits was the performance of Lee Payne, he impressed with a couple of great rides and definitely deserved more for his efforts today.

• Like 1

The question is I suppose is Payne better value on 2.68 than Carr on 3.00 I which case we could have 10.83 for two riders but which two would turn our season round and make sure we fill Shielfield on Saturday night

The question is I suppose is Payne better value on 2.68 than Carr on 3.00 I which case we could have 10.83 for two riders but which two would turn our season round and make sure we fill Shielfield on Saturday night

The question on most people's lips I think, or stick with both and get ANOTHER heat leader in place of etheridge? 7.90 would be available as long as Dany's average stays the same

Berwick are complete rammel, 4 reserves and 3 heatleaders who can blow hot and cold.

What a mess havvys made

• Like 1

The question on most people's lips I think, or stick with both and get ANOTHER heat leader in place of etheridge? 7.90 would be available as long as Dany's average stays the same

Every other promoter in the league should object if this is attempted.

Like for like or Gappmaier to be on his 6 acheived IMO.

• Like 1

Every other promoter in the league should object if this is attempted.

Like for like or Gappmaier to be on his 6 acheived IMO.

We can't get a bl**dy league point give us a brake ffs
  • Like 1

We can't get a bl**dy league point give us a brake ffs

perhaps 'brakes' have been your problem 😜☺
  • Like 1