British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
kermitfrog

Scotland's B Team Vs Scotland's A Team

You should listen to your own team managers thoughts on that one on the EMTV Friday focus. He basically says he would have expected his own rider to do the same thing.

Decent meeting and an exceptional pass from Sam to get us the point. A night to forget for a couple of our boys and our own mistakes cost us the win. But fair play to Glasgow all 7 riders had at least one good race and when it came to the crunch Dan Bewley and Aaron summers won the 2 races at the end. So probably deserved the draw.

Regardless what Stewart said it doesn't make it right, my own personal thoughts are if a rider deliberately stays down to benefit his own team as Wells did last night then the race should be awarded as it stood when it was stopped.

Basically you can polish it up as much as you want but it is a form of cheating and should have been punished when it happened, as it turned out it has caused Glasgow not to win the meeting last night.

Edited by Gazc
  • Like 1

I didn't dress it up or defend it i pointed you to a video of your own team manager defending it. I have seen it happen many times for and against my team and accept it is part of the sport.

It is a professional foul and it happens in all sports, in many sports fouling is part of he game. It doesn't make it right but I don't agree with awarding the race so we are stuck with it.

Edited by scotchopper

I didn't dress it up or defend it i pointed you to a video of your own team manager defending it. I have seen it happen many times for and against my team and accept it is part of the sport.

It is a professional foul and it happens in all sports, in many sports fouling is part of he game. It doesn't make it right but I don't agree with awarding the race so we are stuck with it.

I wasn't suggesting you were dressing it up, you are voicing your opinion i don't agree with it but i respect it, you can't really defend Wells last night in his actions and awarding a race would render this action a waste of time to gain an advantage.

Over and done with now and i am happy to have come away with a draw and no injuries for either team.

If it's a professional foul then awarding the race should be the punishment, that would stamp it out. Or perhaps restarting the race with the third place rider off 15m.

It's long been a negative part of speedway and has never really been addressed.

• Like 1

Yes it's infuriating when that happens against you , but you cant award a race after two bends . Ricky becoming acquainted with the dark arts since moving from Worky to the forces of darkness .

A word for young Jack Smith , he's struggled to find his feet at Championship level , but his third place when beating Pickering turned out to be crucial .

I have learned many moons ago not to be optimistic when following my team to Armadale , so any result there is welcomed with open arms .

If it's a professional foul then awarding the race should be the punishment, that would stamp it out. Or perhaps restarting the race with the third place rider off 15m.

It's long been a negative part of speedway and has never really been addressed.

How do you address it ? Only the rider himself knows if he's at it , he can easily claim he couldn't move the bike or his foot was stuck etc

• Like 1

Indeed Paul, there will always be grey areas. Perhaps a 15m penalty across the board for re runs rather than awarding races.

A draw a fair result. It seem just now and hearing from a few of the boys that they feel like they have no home track advantage at the moment and it's to easy for the away sides at the moment to ride with it being so slick.

Hopefully the track staff can address the problems that have been brought up and get the track back to it's normal standard of racing.

• Like 1

A draw a fair result. It seem just now and hearing from a few of the boys that they feel like they have no home track advantage at the moment and it's to easy for the away sides at the moment to ride with it being so slick.

Hopefully the track staff can address the problems that have been brought up and get the track back to it's normal standard of racing.

It's funny when home riders find it difficult to overtake it's always the tracks fault. Maybe the away riders just happen to be quite good 😉

It's funny when home riders find it difficult to overtake it's always the tracks fault. Maybe the away riders just happen to be quite good

Come on :rofl: they're not going to concede that :P

Blobmeister,

As a neutral observer, I have a question. If the track is so easy to ride, then how come Mr Wells was unable to stay on his bike in Heat 13?

All the best

Rob

• Like 1

Blobmeister,

As a neutral observer, I have a question. If the track is so easy to ride, then how come Mr Wells was unable to stay on his bike in Heat 13?

All the best

Rob

We were on a 5-1 is probably the real answer, but not the one you will get from Blobby.

Edited by Gazc

Thought the race had only gone 1/4 of the first lap?

It's funny when home riders find it difficult to overtake it's always the tracks fault. Maybe the away riders just happen to be quite good 😉

Taking nothing away from Glasgow they deserved their 2 points last night they scored solid throughout the side and rode well.

The track this year however has been different compared to any other year it's far to slick this year. even the race times this year are 1/2 seconds slower than previous years.

Blobmeister,

All the best

Rob

Cause he fell off it.

Taking nothing away from Glasgow they deserved their 2 points last night they scored solid throughout the side and rode well.

The track this year however has been different compared to any other year it's far to slick this year. even the race times this year are 1/2 seconds slower than previous years.

Seems they deserved more than 2 points from last night given the professional foul that allegedly happened in Heat 13, eh?

All the best

Rob

• Like 1

Cause he fell off it.

Lets face the younger riders nowadays can't ride anything else but a slick track ,not enough ambulances in attendance for dirt on track.Plus curfew times.