British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Paulco

Glasgow Tigers V Peterborough Panthers , Cl , Sat 27th May 2017 At 7pm

Its impossible to know if we break even, only the owners will know that. However as business people im surprised we havent taken action regarding our poor fixture allocation. We have suffered from this for several years. Chuck in 2 rainoffs on top of 2 blank fixtures and having to switch to Sundays for 2 meetings before the end of May and any continuity for fans is lost.

For our last home meet against Redcar, the crowd was very poor. We also have another blank fixture in June, then its school summer holidays when crowds naturally dip as people are away.

Crowd was visibly lower 2 weeks ago , whilst you can never say for certain why it was lower lack of home meeting continuity won't be helping

• Like 1

Five years i would hazard a guess at.

But you are correct covers should be looked at.

So just to digest

1. We are 5 years behind Berwick in poly foam fence

2. We are 5 years behind Berwick track covers

3. We are 5 years in front of Berwick at speedway

Don't think i have missed anything.

5 times the trophies as well

Its impossible to know if we break even, only the owners will know that. However as business people im surprised we havent taken action regarding our poor fixture allocation. We have suffered from this for several years. Chuck in 2 rainoffs on top of 2 blank fixtures and having to switch to Sundays for 2 meetings before the end of May and any continuity for fans is lost.

For our last home meet against Redcar, the crowd was very poor. We also have another blank fixture in June, then its school summer holidays when crowds naturally dip as people are away.

And who does the fixtures? :neutral:

And who does the fixtures? :neutral:

Must have been Oor Alex.

I believe fixtures are issued to all clubs for agreement, hence the delay in them being issued at the start of the season. So I'd put your allocation down to your own promotion.

Championship fixtures are done by John Campbell of Edinburgh

Championship fixtures are done by John Campbell of Edinburgh

Farcical. Another reason why the sport lacks credibility. Like having the football Premiership fixtures done by one of the participating teams with vested interest. Crazy.

Hopefully we can get PB to re-arrange for Sat 17 June when we have a blank fixture.

• Like 1

Belle Vue racing on that date

Wonderful , another blank weekend then :cry:

• Like 1

I believe fixtures are issued to all clubs for agreement, hence the delay in them being issued at the start of the season. So I'd put your allocation down to your own promotion.

Farcical. Another reason why the sport lacks credibility. Like having the football Premiership fixtures done by one of the participating teams with vested interest. Crazy.

Is your eyesight failing and the reason you missed edmon's post immediately above? :P

• Like 1

Just a question how many teams have turned up at Edinburgh this season with their complete 1-7 riders

Belle Vue racing on that date

Which would mean r/r for Bewley where we cant cover his scoring and also puts pressure on Perry to do 7 rides. However we could move to the Sunday to make this fixture happen and prevent another blank weekend.