British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Beowulf

Wolves V Rye House 10th July

What a shame Wolves have already pocketed three points due to the stupid rule change of a couple of years ago, Rye gaining one through a 5-1 should mean they only get two.

• Like 2

Decent meeting. Enjoyed the company. Result as expected.

Of course it is clear, I didn't post that there is never good racing at the horror track, you just made it up.

Passing at the horror track "usually relies" on someone wobbling off the inside. Do you understand the difference between "usually relies" and "depends on" lol!

Of course I understand. Do you understand however that passing often happens NOT wobbling off the inside.

Just pointing out you said good races are usually when someone wobbles off the inside. Think we have seen clear evidence tonight that isn't the case.

Perhaps you should have said there are good races without wobbling as an example to back up your point.

Anyway not a classic meeting but still decent. Heat 13 a perfect example of what the track can offer.

Could be worse, we could be back at the Poole horror track.

I reckon speedway is much better when riders don't have to adapt to the track and can just get on with racing the other riders in the race.

Wouldnt it be boring if every meeting was the same and we didnt have different tracks for riders to adapt to. Enjoyed the racing tonight well done Wolves.
  • Like 2

Best meeting from Monmore by a country mile with 2 or 3 very good races.

I'm glad Wolves fans watch their speedway there.

I reckon speedway is much better when riders don't have to adapt to the track and can just get on with racing the other riders in the race.

Riders have to adapt to every track, otherwise Cookie would have been in double figures in Poland.

• Like 1

Hope Justin Sedgman is ok and the ambulance ride was precautionary.

Crash looked horrific.

Hope Justin Sedgman is ok and the ambulance ride was precautionary.

Crash looked horrific.

He's going to have some headache in the morning

Maybe you should try a visit to Specsavers.

A shrink more like.Shovlar is losing it big time.

Monmore Green has often produced good racing although in my opinion the best racing there doesn't compare to the best at a well prepared big track. Decent enough meeting tonight with a few good races. Wolves have a huge home advantage, as we did at the dog track, just look at their points difference

Some are saying that every track has riders locking up. It may be my memory, it's not what it used to be but I can't recall anyone locking up at the NSS

I have only been to Monmore once.Its not my kind of track,very tight.I prefere a fast track.Having said that there's nothing wrong with the track prep.It seems a well prepared track and there where some good races tonight.

I hear that Lynn have bought 7 grass track bikes for Poole on weds.

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Like 1

im sure shoveler doesnt expect anyone to take him seriously when hes talking about speedway,but amazingly some of you always do

Lol!

If you would rather watch this every week than a proper speedway track thats your perogative. Poole's track currently has its issues, no doubt about it, but the racing is Good full throttle stuff. Monmore is a tricky little track. Undisputable. And in your words, FACT. (Although its actually an opinion)

Monmore has monster home advantage. Clear to see for everyone and the reason they won the league last year and probably this year as well.

Currently? It's been rubbish for years you blind prat

SRA track of the year awards Wolves record is

Winner 2006 2009 2010 2012 2015

Second 2007 2011 3013 2014 2016

Third 2008

Not too shabby top 3 in 11 years

• Like 1

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

A post I finally agree with.