British Speedway Forum
cinderfella

Chris Holder Banned From British Speedway

So Chris Holder has been handed a 9 month ban and fined £3k after the Kings Lynn v Poole fiasco.

I take it the BSPA are trying to kill the sport afterall?

I just wonder if Robert Lambert & Kai Huckenback will also receive bans as they declined to race by missing the 2 min and then declined to go off 15m. In my book that is refusing to race twice and deserves punishment.

But of course they are KL rider's and Mr Chapman is hardly going to see his own riders punished.

British speedway is declining into a farce. :cry:

The running of the meeting was conducted by a SCB referee, not Buster, and he was the one that dished out the original penalty to the twice refusal to ride by Holder. That would be contained in the report of the meeting and the Ref Darren Hartley, would have dealt with Lambert and Huckenbrack on the night. But congrats on your rant.

• Like 5

Darcy Ward was given a visa despite running up a criminal record whilst in Australia. ("as most young men do" - quote from Neil Middleditch)

Yeah, the way in which Poole and their associates kept dismissing his misdemeanours is partly why he thought he was untouchable and why he kept transgressing and committing more misdemeanours.

• Like 1

So Holder is first given 28 days, then another 9 months. Two sentences, one crime.

I once heard a story of a rider that was punished twice and in the end practically walked away with nothing.

So Holder is first given 28 days, then another 9 months. Two sentences, one crime.

I once heard a story of a rider that was punished twice and in the end practically walked away with nothing.

Don't think there's much fear of Holder walking away with nothing, at the end of the day Holder deserves his ban. I wonder if he will be the only Holder to be banned.

• Like 1

From the official press release....

Holder has been found to have breached rule 3.2.7. which bans "Any proceedings or acts prejudicial to the interests of, any part or body of the ACU, SCB, BSPA, or the sport of motorcycling generally"...

Blimey, plenty more involved in the Sport could be up before 'the beak' every week I would suggest if this is 'a crime'....😉😨

Obviously 'the powers that be', don't do irony....😆

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 4

Don't think there's much fear of Holder walking away with nothing, at the end of the day Holder deserves his ban. I wonder if he will be the only Holder to be banned.

Not my point. If you make a ruling, thats it. Me thinks you cant after that find another rule for the same crime and give another ruling.

Not my fight this one, have other problems...

After Holders slating of speedway in this country i would have thought this wouldnt bother him, he didnt have the courage of his convictions to walk away, the decision has been taken for him, bye bye.

Am I right in assuming the ban will start once he coughs up the 3k fine, ala Danny Bird. I.e. If he doesn't pay the ban will just roll on & start if & when he does?

If so the fine is more painful than the ban. Unless he crowdfunds it or has a benevolent sponsor?

Am I right in assuming the ban will start once he coughs up the 3k fine, ala Danny Bird. I.e. If he doesn't pay the ban will just roll on & start if & when he does?

If so the fine is more painful than the ban. Unless he crowdfunds it or has a benevolent sponsor?

Hadn't thought about that. Interesting.

3k is about 1 heat win ( 3 points) money in Poland.Don't think the fine will bother him as much as the bans have/will..

Ridiculous ruling to ban Holder again. He has served his punishment with the 28 day ban. He hadnt doctored his bike or taken any illegal substance. He simply refused to do something that he considered dangerous.

• Like 1

Ridiculous ruling to ban Holder again. He has served his punishment with the 28 day ban. He hadnt doctored his bike or taken any illegal substance. He simply refused to do something that he considered dangerous.

To be totally honest - I have some sympathy with that viewpoint.

. Unless he crowdfunds it or has a benevolent sponsor?

I wouldn't be surprised if gullible idiots have already offered to donate towards it.

• Like 2

It would be good if the FIM came on board and made it a world wide ban ,,

Dont think they can.