British Speedway Forum
Argos

Holders Crime V Cooks Crime

If they Official assaulted him first, then both will be charged.

If the .official assaulted him first, him and his superiors should be brought to justice.

as for the other party/victim, if he acted in 'self-defence', he should be cautioned and offered some sort of counselling

What is the general opinion of which is the more serious Holders refusing to ride or Cook assaulting a Licensed official? If you think it's Cooks (which I think is by far) be very interesting to see what punishment Cook gets, will it be more than a 9 month ban + £3000 fine

If correct.No comparision.Different offences.

• Like 1

well if the official assaulted him first, I hope he had the permission and backing of his superior to do it.

well,,, when the water goes down the plug-hole, it goes the other way round, so there must be some truth in it.

Out of interest see below from BBC science

"The simple truth is that no matter where you are in the world, the water could go either way down your plughole and may well disappear without swirling at all.

If that doesn't happen for you

You may find that water does indeed always go down your plughole the same way. If so, you could have detected the Coriolis effect, but to be sure you need to let the water stand for at least a day. You can read more further down this page about how US and Australian physicists tested the theory in the 1960s.

Sadly the more likely explanation is that something about your sink is encouraging the water to flow in one direction.

There are plenty of reasons why your sink may favour one direction:

where the tap is (left, right or central)

whether the water is at room temperature

using your right or left hand to pull the plug."

Sorry not trying to be pedantic it's the ex teacher in me .

• Like 1

it all adds to the to the meeting entertainment value a few assault's here and there, puts bums on seats what's up with everyone?

I'll see myself out.

it all adds to the to the meeting entertainment value a few assault's here and there, puts bums on seats what's up with everyone?

I'll see myself out.

There is no excuse for violence and in some cases it reflects a deeper issue that is in need of attention. This prides itself on being a family sport.

There is no excuse for violence and in some cases it reflects a deeper issue that is in need of attention. This prides itself on being a family sport.

said in jest, calm down was just trying to lighten the mood. but I do agree with what you say.

Remember a rider chasing another rider into the pits at Glasgow throwing punches and rolling about on the ground after a race , then later on in the bar the pair of them laughing about it together think most of it is just the adrenaline all spur of the moment stuff

Edited by mac101

If they Official assaulted him first, then both will be charged.

I don't think there is any suggestion of the official striking Cook. Only silverfox mentioning the possibility. We don't need to invent things to make the issue more interesting.

I don't think there is any suggestion of the official striking Cook. Only silverfox mentioning the possibility. We don't need to invent things to make the issue more interesting.

No suggestion? Cook himself tweeted that an official had punched him?!?

Personally, I will wait until any Official News comes out.

• Like 1

I think in Cooks case a slap on the wrist and a word in the ear of the official and in Holders case I think its a witch hunt by a promoter because the rider isn't scoring as he thought he would and the rider saying he thought the track was in bad shape (not for the first time I gather) ask Rory Schlien, Lets remember other riders on the night missed races because of conditions,but those riders are his assets, lets also remember that Holder has suffered major injuries on track and also one of his best mates was very seriously injured. Granted its not fair on the fans on the night but surley no one wants to see some one injured, I remember a oxford v cradley match called off at heat 4 because the track was bad to prevent injury. Also another meeting at oxford on a bank holiday between oxford and Swindon rainy weather had soaked the track they tried to ride it but was called off after a few heats and John Davis love him or not came on to the mike and spoke alit if sense saying they could continue but they could ride but NOT race as was give a massive round of applause.

So please listen to the riders the are the ones risking their necks but they also want to earn their money as they get paid on pts scored. To put two riders in danger of losing their work permits etc is not morally right.

Surley there must be some common sense on all sides to work these problems out, it makes the sport look ridiculous and prohibits major sponsors getting involved which are desperately needed.

No suggestion? Cook himself tweeted that an official had punched him?!?

I'm pretty sure I actually posted it on here (I stand corrected if I didn't though) but I know I saw the tweet, but went back onto Craig's twitter feed and it appears to have gone :o

I'm pretty sure I actually posted it on here (I stand corrected if I didn't though

Only ever seen skynews posts from you :rofl::P

When you see how childish and vindictive Chapman can be you have to wonder if this behaviour is the reason these big company sponsors haven't come off. They've been within grasping distance for months now according to the chairman but still nothing to show. If they ask for something that doesn't suit him then I can see his bullish attitude coming out again.

All a bit grim really and I don't envy the next chairman who has to try and sort out all Busters cock ups and dodgy deals.