British Speedway Forum
Bald Bloke

Kings Lynn 2018..

Looks as if the new PR fusillade has been set off a mite earlier than expected? Bette than being late I suppose! We will soon be hypnotised into believing that "all is well" at KLS.

Bloody hell give them a chance to hopefully have a fresh start.More negativity as usual.Whatever Lynn are about to do i am sure you will make some more negative remarks towards it.

It's what people do, not what they say, that gives fans the right to be sceptical. Maybe fans would be more forgiving if there was a full recognition of the many mistakes and a fulsome apology. You have to earn trust.

• Like 3

It's what people do, not what they say, that gives fans the right to be sceptical. Maybe fans would be more forgiving if there was a full recognition of the many mistakes and a fulsome apology. You have to earn trust.

absolutely spot on - all those problems have been swept under the carpet . I’m willing to listen to what the club have to say and hopefully the changes will be for the better - though after reading the latest press release and I’ve read it a few times seems to me it’s a case of how we can put a statement out without actually telling the fans bugger all - to me the press release was nonsense made little sense long winded and told the fans more or less nothing . So from what I’ve seen nothing much has changed so far .

The other thing that gets me is why are they not mentioning Robin Brundle he’s clearly involved in the club and yet again they say nothing.

• Like 1

Unless I'm misreading the situation they are going for a big impact reveal in the new year, and it seems there are going to be major changes throughout the whole club, both on and off the track. One assumes that these things take time to implement hence the announcement after Xmas and not before. I think that's fair enough, no point in telling us all until it's all in place.

The statement was no doubt partly put out because people keep asking and wondering on here and social media.....despite that there has been some criticism that they have made an announcement about making an announcement. If they aren't ready to reveal everything yet then I think it's fair enough that they have told people when that will be. I'm sure the criticism would have been worse had they not said anything.

Of course the proof of the pudding will be in what we are told in January, it all rests on that and how the club is run in the coming season and how us fans are treated. Just requires a bit of patience, something many speedway supporters seem not to have in the winter months.

• Like 2

I just hope we aren't hanging on the Polish decision regarding NKI and end up in a mess like we did a couple of seasons ago when he was able to help us out, cos this time he won't be able to. It'll be all or nothing. Just hope we have a good plan B before all the decent riders are snapped up

I just hope we aren't hanging on the Polish decision regarding NKI and end up in a mess like we did a couple of seasons ago when he was able to help us out, cos this time he won't be able to. It'll be all or nothing. Just hope we have a good plan B before all the decent riders are snapped up

Edited by Bald Bloke

can you define what you mean here please.

what is the relationship between fans and management you're talking about? Whenever you went to the speedway you always felt good, being part of a club that was united in everything. The fans, the riders, the promotions , the stewards, everyone of the same opinion, all enjoying the excitement of the occasion. Over the last 5yrs this has all but disappeared. People walking about with long faces, the excitement has gone, the riders are unhappy with the track , the fans are unhappy with the races, but although Buster is aware of this he does nothing. He as no connection with the way the fans feel. Some of the tracks that he prepares are a disgrace. Without the fans the club is dead, so I believe they must be his first priority. But they obviously aren't.

if you stop Buster or Dale at the track I'm sure they'd be happy to chat, so what is it you're after that all the other clubs do that Kings Lynn don't? No doubt they would.....You enjoy a privileged position, in that you are allowed a free reign to go where and do as you wish. No doubt you have many opportunities to talk with Buster or Dale. Us mear mortals have to pay our dues and watch from behind the fences. We either have to pay for an over priced program or else we know very little. Living in the next town, we were always informed of what was going on at the club by the local rag. Now with the social media it is far easier and cheaper then ever it used to be, but we hear very little. We shouldn't have to talk with Buster to personally be told the information. Its not suppose to be a secret... Since Jonathon left we hear very little....... Other supporters of other clubs seem to get information about the Stars quicker than we do. Please don't tell me that right.....

• Like 2

Bloody hell give them a chance to hopefully have a fresh start.More negativity as usual.Whatever Lynn are about to do i am sure you will make some more negative remarks towards it.

Hardly negative - critical yes, about the way it is and has been done. I have rejoined the Stars Supporter club and in Post 1040 I re-iterated that I am prepared to give Buster and Brundle ( presumably Allit too is still a co - promoter ) one last chance to get it right in 2018 and have also said I will be there, paying to get in, if the team is of sufficient strength. Not quite sure how much more positive I can be. I am waiting patently for the "better than ever show to be unveiled" as promised.

Hardly negative - critical yes, about the way it is and has been done. I have rejoined the Stars Supporter club and in Post 1040 I re-iterated that I am prepared to give Buster and Brundle ( presumably Allit too is still a co - promoter ) one last chance to get it right in 2018 and have also said I will be there, paying to get in, if the team is of sufficient strength. Not quite sure how much more positive I can be. I am waiting patently for the "better than ever show to be unveiled" as promised.

So if they hadn't issued the PR saying info would be given in January you wouldn't moan about the lack of info from now to then?

Just asking

• Like 3

Some people on here have a blinded approach to life. and question those who see the world differently.

We hear all the fuss and palaver about a new beginning. I am prepared to wait for this announcement, but I cant help doubting it wont make much difference..

As a fan my wants are very simple and easily achieved, and don't warrant big secret announcements. The first thing is a track that is the same racable surface every week, which the riders can race on... Secondly, A meeting run to a strict time table and offers VFM entertainment . Thirdly the fans to be appreciated and kept informed. and lastly a team of riders prepared to fight for every point.

It doesn't bother me when we don't win, it all about being competitive. I feel aggrieved spending out good money when riders don't seem to be bothered, some pulling out for the smallest excuse... This is not about big Money or big announcements, more about attitude and doing the job right. We have one of the best venues in the country, I'm sure if the promotions could put a decent show each time the crowds would still be interested...

Its not Rocket Science......

• Like 2

Some people on here have a blinded approach to life. and question those who see the world differently..

Yeah, you.
  • Like 4

Yeah, you.

I am many things, but blinded I am not. I don't insult people or call them names. I am my own person and my opinions are such. It doesn't bother me if my opinions differ from others. It is not my intention to judge people, so I even respect your opinion........ however contorted it may be....

• Like 1

I am many things, but blinded I am not. I don't insult people or call them names. I am my own person and my opinions are such. It doesn't bother me if my opinions differ from others. It is not my intention to judge people, so I even respect your opinion........ however contorted it may be....

It seems to bother you though if other peoples opinions differ from yours.

As i am prepared to give Buster the time to put his plans into action,then i will say afterwards whether i think it is a good or bad thing.But according to you i have a blinded approach to life.Is this because i don't happen to agree with you?

• Like 1

Seems people are still moaning if it that bad Mildenhall or Peterborough ant that far away ;) .

• Like 1

Some people on here have a blinded approach to life.

And some people on here have a negative approach to life.

Personally I think that both yourself and waytogo should take a few steps back and take a critical look at your totally negative viewpoint ........ seemingly on everything connected with KL speedway thesedays.

In your reply above (to Steve) you state "Whenever you went to the speedway you always felt good".......................... my response is that this is purely a state of mind and one which you cannot EXPECT the promoters to inject on admission to the stadium.......................... you also have a part to play in this ........... so perhaps its just your current negative state of mind that's the real problem.

People walking about with long faces ............ Yup, you and waytogo are fairly easy to pick out in a crowd !

• Like 1