British Speedway Forum
Bald Bloke

Kings Lynn 2018..

We all know what assuming did :wink:

I have spoken to someone at the AFA who asked Buster if Iversen is riding for Stars tomorrow , and Buster said yes he is.

2 hours ago, tellboy said:

Palm Toft was always missing this meeting,but this should be his last(according to Dale).Until then i can't say the promotion are lying.

Now,if NKI is missing then Dale has lied about his availability.Dale did say he has cleared it with the Danish club that he(Niels) would be available for the rest of the season,along side Jorgensen and Andersen.So if any of those three are missing then indeed they have lied.

Well i can't find these snippets anywhere now.Hope they haven't deleted them because we may have a rider missing in the future.But i won't call them liars until such a thing happens,if it indeed does.

The Stars press release sounds like Iversen's in but in those comments mentions nothing about his thoughts on Wednesday night. 

Seeing as the Danish league is priority it would be strange to include Iversen and not use him.

Wouldn't be the first time that the Stars management plays the denial card come the morning of a meeting, even though the fans knew in advance. 

8 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

The Stars press release sounds like Iversen's in but in those comments mentions nothing about his thoughts on Wednesday night. 

Seeing as the Danish league is priority it would be strange to include Iversen and not use him.

Wouldn't be the first time that the Stars management plays the denial card come the morning of a meeting, even though the fans knew in advance. 

It wouldn't surprise me if the fans turned up tomorrow and were then told. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, therefused said:

It wouldn't surprise me if the fans turned up tomorrow and were then told. 

If that was to happen the club deserve all the s##t that will be fired at them - that’s the lowest of the low if they play fans as fools . 

• Like 1

The preview does mention NKI's views about being fit and ready.

19 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

The preview does mention NKI's views about being fit and ready.

It does but that was a generalisation rather than talking about riding for the Stars

1 hour ago, Haza said:

If that was to happen the club deserve all the s##t that will be fired at them - that’s the lowest of the low if they play fans as fools . 

Alternatively if he does ride then no lies will have been told and it will have been a whole load of fuss over nothing, and not for the first time.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Alternatively if he does ride then no lies will have been told and it will have been a whole load of fuss over nothing, and not for the first time.

Well let’s hope he’s in the Stars team - as others have said he’s down to ride in the Esbjerg team and the Kings Lynn team one club will be disappointed let’s hope for Kings Lynn sake he’s in the Stars team . 

10 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

All this so called fuss could so easily be avoided by the club if they kept the fans upto date.       Most of us waited till Monday , whence the Website is usually updated ,  but this week was much later.   A small comment  on the social media could have eliminated any confusion.    

Having been treated badly in the past,  you cant blame the fans for being sceptical.     Bearing in mind how many times this year we have been missing star riders,  had I been a promoter, I would have shouted from the highest building  that we have a strong team  out against  Leicester,  hoping to being in extra fans to the meeting.    But we as fans hear nothing.  

So please don't get on your self-righteous step and preach about a 'fuss over nothing'  comment.     These comments are usually made from dia hard fans   who have been taken for a ride too many times...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

No self righteous step here (the irony :D ) just providing a bit of balance to the thread. The club have released a press release naming him in the team, until such a time that we are told differently then there have been no lies or hoodwinking or anything similar. 

If he doesn't ride then they will deserve everything they get on this forum and beyond.

Edited by Bagpuss
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, Bagpuss said:

No self righteous step here (the irony :D) just providing a bit of balance to the thread. The club have released a press release naming him in the team, until such a time that we are told differently then there have been no lies or hoodwinking or anything similar. 

If he doesn't ride then they will deserve everything they get on this forum and beyond.

And if he does not ride tonight then they will not merely have shot themselves in any lower limb left without a bullet hole but have turned off the KLS "life support".

12 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

No self righteous step here (the irony :D ) just providing a bit of balance to the thread. The club have released a press release naming him in the team, until such a time that we are told differently then there have been no lies or hoodwinking or anything similar. 

I Iasked the question last night and I’m told Iversen definitely rides for Kings Lynn tonight. 

2 minutes ago, Haza said:

I Iasked the question last night and I’m told Iversen definitely rides for Kings Lynn tonight. 

Hurray! Most of the uncertainty removed. But why not by the club officially?

• Haha 1