British Speedway Forum
Bald Bloke

Kings Lynn 2018..

20 minutes ago, g13webb said:

All this so called fuss could so easily be avoided by the club if they kept the fans upto date.       Most of us waited till Monday , whence the Website is usually updated ,  but this week was much later.   A small comment  on the social media could have eliminated any confusion.    

Having been treated badly in the past,  you cant blame the fans for being sceptical.     Bearing in mind how many times this year we have been missing star riders,  had I been a promoter, I would have shouted from the highest building  that we have a strong team  out against  Leicester,  hoping to being in extra fans to the meeting.    But we as fans hear nothing.  

So please don't get on your self-righteous step and preach about a 'fuss over nothing'  comment.     These comments are usually made from dia hard fans   who have been taken for a ride too many times...

That’s what being a promoter all about you promote the sport you use all mean available to let fans / customers no what’s on offer building up to the event it’s self even bigging the event up  - a speedway promoter naaah sit on your hands do absolutely jack rubbish to try to bring in more fans piss existing ones off to the point they walk away - 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, waytogo28 said:

Hurray! Most of the uncertainty removed. But why not by the club officially?

Good question 

Well bugger me......

3 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Well bugger me......

No thanks :lol:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, racers and royals said:

Esbjerg now confirmed that NKI is NOT riding for them tonight.

Massive international co-operation then. Speedway could be saved in the UK by such selfless attitudes, Just would have been nice to have been told on Monday.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, g13webb said:

All this so called fuss could so easily be avoided by the club if they kept the fans upto date.  

I thought the new KLS Media Person ( young Ms Buster ) would have tweeted this as soon as it was known ( NKI's hokey cokey  ) or even have been in digital contact with Esbjerg early on Monday morning. Perhaps because Pearson is still our web mouthpiece and he is between GPs he could not sort it out and thus knock any rumours on the head. With all these co-promoters, media staff and dogsbodies at KLS perhaps everybody thought somebody else would do it and nobody did?

Edited by waytogo28
spelling error

Any way on to tonight and hopefully a home win - the weather is good so hopefully a big crowd will witness a great meeting.

Nothing to stop NKI from confirming it!!!

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

Nothing to stop NKI from confirming it!!!

Would add to his guarantee - media work. Or he would need to employ a PR Manager and that would bump up the cost per match.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, racers and royals said:

Esbjerg now confirmed that NKI is NOT riding for them tonight.

Esberg have such poor PR clearly! lol

Its the old fair weather fans Sh*tting on the club i support! I think the majority would love it if they were to just denounce themselves as fans rather than kill the good vibe the club has at the moment. I think the club always does its best. Maybe its not always perfect but look at yourselves. Critiquing on a forum 7 days a week! Your own lives are far from perfect!

Close meeting tonight but i think 6-8 point win

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Wishing both Lewis and Kasper speedy recoveries. I'm guessing Lynn will have to look for replacements with plenty of meetings coming up!

Ulrich Ostergaard & Jonas Jeppesen??

Great, Robert Lambert and 6 Danes ( or is one of them Swedish? ). Some Weds. KL would need 7 guests ( that's OK as it's all in the best interest of the sport )

11 minutes ago, waytogo28 said:

Great, Robert Lambert and 6 Danes ( or is one of them Swedish? ). Some Weds. KL would need 7 guests ( that's OK as it's all in the best interest of the sport )

Hadn't thought about that!!!

Can't be many options.... Stuart Robson!