British Speedway Forum

An announcement will be made each day from tomorrow until full team is revealed

It was also confirmed tonight that as we all suspected Aaron Summers has been released.

Thats not a surprise, im sure not even for Aaron himself. I think we helped move him up a level in 2015 and likewise him for us but this year that progress reversed itself. He moves on with our sincerest thanks and best wishes. He wont have trouble finding a new team though hopefully not the dark side.

James Sargeant second official signing

A decent signing as long as he actually scores points and doesnt get excluded. Richie needs to have a word.

Agent sarjeant job done and has reported back to base.

Aye, he's read Wolbert's autobiography.

• Like 5

James sarjent signs for Glasgow? What a surprise eh? Corrupt is an understatement. But good luck to them both

James sarjent signs for Glasgow? What a surprise eh? Corrupt is an understatement. But good luck to them both

Please enlighten us as to what specific corruption you are alleging?

• Like 1

Please enlighten us as to what specific corruption you are alleging?

So u don't think he was keeping his average down on purpose?

Nope.

Your quite a bitter Midget you make Jenga look reasoned. Edited by Gazc
  • Like 2

What a slanderous accusation.

I'm shocked.

Speedway and alleged gerrymandering in the same sentence.

Or maybe it was the way Workington treated their reserves. What happened to Shuttleworth did he not walk out maybe James decided to plod on then look for a new start next season

Edited by MANSE
  • Like 1

Trouble is folks and this is not meant as a criticism you have clubs who have a great financial backing behind them and others who scrape by and have to put out a team on a shoestring then get slated by fans for a so called weak team but sadly it's the way of the world

Great financial backing only gets you so far, you also need balance, the right riders and more than a bit of luck to win things and lets be fair Glasgow despite the hype this year won nothing.

Edited by bigcatdiary
  • Like 1

As everyone and there granny keeps alluding to all this great financial backing it is about time the record was put straight.

THE FINANCIAL OUTLAY INITIALLY WAS SPENT ON THE STADIUM AND STADIUM ONLY.

THE PROMOTION CONTINUE TO PROMOTE AND HAVE INCREASED CROWD LEVELS SIGNIFICANTLY, THEY HAVE HOWEVER CONTINUALLY REITERATED THE CLUB MUST BE SELF SUFFICIENT.

THEY CONTINUE TO IMPROVE THE STADIUM AND THE RACE DSY EXPERIENCE.

IT HAS BEEN WELL DOCUMENTED THAT GLASGOW WERE NOT THE HIGHEST PAYERS WHAT THEY DID DO HOWEVER WAS PAY ON TIME AND IN FULL.

Apologises for shouting but it is continual on here , you are correct we won nothing last season but we have been there or therabouts challenging that will do for me.

Your either living in cuckoo land or very naive if you believe everything you are told, Its no great secret why Harris has decided to sign for Glasgow and its nothing to do with a racing track and a nice stadium.

No body really knows what riders get paid so talk about its well documented that Glasgow were not the highest payers is just that talk, their is some truth about paying on time and in full but from my experience all riders experience being owed money at some time of the season or their careers, unfortunately a lot of the time it goes with the job.

Rick Frost stated several times that he wanted and expected Peterborough to be self sufficient at some time but it never was and to be fair I seriously doubt most Speedway clubs are.

Edited by bigcatdiary
  • Like 1

Your either living in cuckoo land or very naive if you believe everything you are told, Its no great secret why Harris has decided to sign for Glasgow and its nothing to do with a racing track and a nice stadium.

No body really knows what riders get paid so talk about its well documented that Glasgow were not the highest payers is just that talk, their is some truth about paying on time and in full but from my experience all riders experience being owed money at some time of the season or their careers, unfortunately a lot of the time it goes with the job.

Rick Frost stated several times that he wanted and expected Peterborough to be self sufficient at some time but it never was and to be fair I seriously doubt most Speedway clubs are.

You mention it is all talk tell me is everything in the above post FACT it appears it is you that is naïve as you are believing everything you are told going by this post, as I said on another thread what is Bomber being paid then as it appears you know or has someone just told you.

If so it isn't me who is living in cloud cuckoo land.

• Like 1

Shuttleworth walked out on the comets saying he couldnt make it pay then rode at belle vue in the championship,as for james i allways thought he was trying indeed at times he was very trying but as he said was looking at this season so good look at cash ville.

Or maybe it was the way Workington treated their reserves. What happened to Shuttleworth did he not walk out maybe James decided to plod on then look for a new start next season