British Speedway Forum

Fixed race night's was brought in to stop fixture clashes resulting in multiple missing riders per match, was never going to entice too riders back, your a fool if you believe fixed race night will bring them back. It's the money on offer that is putting them off.

Teams will be very solid this year. The 1-5s will look good.

We was unlucky as we diddnt get a say or a vote as out promotion is new. They have another 2 AGMs before they are allowed a say/vote.

All in all I'm happy with the outcome. Only 1 8 plus average rider is not ideal but it isn't a bad thing either

If BV didn't get a vote then that explains how the 4 clubs who didn't reach the play-offs managed to outvote the other 3 that did!!!!

To be honest the 1 over 8 rule shouldn't stop the League improving its quality. There are 7 riders over 8 who rode here last season and the ones over 8 that didnt wouldnt ride here next season anyway. There are a few quality riders under 8 who didn't ride here last season:

Woffinden

Pawlicki x2

Kildemand

Lindback

Zagar

Milik

Przedpelski

Jepsen Jensen

Lebedevs

Sundstrom

And others.

The problem with the rule is that it didn't need to be made anyway. Fans now think it's stopping the top coming over when the reality is Polish rules would stop most.

It will be interesting as to how the team building goes..

Given the new/old Tac Sub rule could we see once again the 'cannon fodder/make weight/out of his depth' 2 pt Reserve which used to be the norm?..

42.5 points would deliver you a 2pt reserve, a FIVE point Reserve and five SEVEN point riders...

The 2pt man could be replaced in a ride not only by his considerably better reserve partner but also now the No1 on a Tac. The team could effectively attain more than his average by him scoring Nil in his three rides but his replacement (either the other reserve or the Tac) winning the race he was replaced in..

I would think that five point reserves given their value to the team, and five seven point riders won't come cheap though..

There could be some very strong, competitive teams, but maybe some very expensive ones too?

Hope the plan goes well..

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 1

The 2pt man could be replaced in a ride not only by his considerably better reserve partner but also now the No1 on a Tac. The team could effectively attain more than his average by him scoring Nil in his three rides but his replacement winning his race he was replaced in..

Presumably, riders will still be subjected to a minimum of three rides, largely to avoid that type of scenario?

Some good news with the abolition of the TR and fixed race nights for the Premier League , which should help matters, I still think much more could have been done however ie with prompt start times and meeting running shedules.

Its good news that the Workington Comets are still in business but I cannot see where more fans are going to come from, running with attendances between 300-550 people cannot be viable again next year.

I think it's been pretty positive. What's it matter if next season that rule is changed to unlimited riders over 8, it's situational . There is a lot of needless negativity. From the same old bores in the main too!

The only negative really is Swindon needing some Thursdays gives Poland a reason to use the 3 league rule. No jokers, less clashes for rider availability, 42.5 league.

Main issues have been addressed

Don't let that stop the moaning though.

We will see if the "moaners" or the Well Done BSPA brigade are right, by the simple method of looking at if these proposals bring some old die hards back or even a decent smattering of newbies who attend a few times and build up the UK fanbase. Hmmm. Proof of the pudding and all that....

Belle Vue could track Cook, Zagar and Fricke and Jack Smith and take up 25.32 leaving 17.18 for 3 riders. Tungate at 6.18 leaves 11 for 2 riders.

Belle Vue look like they could be very strong to me.

Wolves to if they can have Lindgren. Tai and Masters

Gav

Was just making the point that its always a shame to see a successful team split up due to the rules but that's the way it is.

You have shown above that being creative can generate still strong teams depending upon how you go about it.

Maybe Zagar and Tai wont come back to UK but the creative managers/promoters can still find plenty of good talent with heat leader potential below 8 points IF they can tempt them back to UK.

Same with some of the junior Poles for example who are way ahead of many of our riders top flight or juniors.

The $64,000 question though is what GSA's are both thee young riders as well as foreign riders who rode last in 2015 or earlier going to be assessed at. Will we the Joe public even be given access to what the guidelines will be. Would be nice that we are not just kept in the dark ;-)

I only wanted to know one thing. Are BT Sports on the Prem in 2018? With their january price increase pending if no league speedway, no BT sports for me and I can leave without penalty.

The BSPA silence is deafening. Useless gits.

They truly need to rest from their demanding weekend of negotiations, before adding anything else that might be useful, into the public domain.

Being "wise and farsighted" is draining in the extreme - just ask Eeyore.

Edited by waytogo28

The madness of the 8 point rider rule is that it has been introduced BEFORE the list of assessed averages has been decided. A member of the SCB was not able to tell me what average Vaculik is on and the SCB have not yet seen the full list of 'independently assessed' averages??!!

Agree with this - the full list of definitive averages should be published as part of the agm process.

I think the fixed race nights plan isn't primarily to entice GP riders etc to ride in the UK now.

It's more about trying to tempt the more middle-range riders, who have been content with Swedish team places plus a Polish squad place. Polish clubs may now be happier to allow their mid-rangers here, the Museilaks of this world.

Now that the Premiership will only now ride on Mondays and Wednesdays (and Thursdays)...

Will there still be Premiership meetings on Good Friday?

Or will it be Championship only?

A BIG money spinner for some like BV...

However I suppose if Championship teams have 'the rights to Fridays' it could end up with Guests galore again due to DU's...

Edited by mikebv

I applaud, with a standing ovation, the demise of the dingly dangly double points do dah thingy :) fixed race nights I'm not really bothered about TBH, would far rather a curb on the number of double ups/down. One rider over 8 is fine by me as long as every team has to track at least 2 Brits. Will await with interest the solution to time wasting at restarts.

Overall is it enough to make me want to be an avid follower again.....probably not cos it has so far done nothing to counteract drawn out meetings or improve racing.

Its ridiculous that teams can't use there own assets regardless of their average as long as they are under the limit,how do they manage to come up with such a daft idea after stating a limit,what's the real point of 1 rider over 8.

The issue is this....Swindon have Doyle & Morris, both over 8. One is a World champion & The other has ridden for Swindon for 6 or so season, we now cant use both. That is wrong. Should be allowed to track the team you want within the points limit.

There are ‘haves’ and ‘have nots’. This rules was clearly put in place so that the ‘haves’ share their top riders with the ‘have nots’. Only fair and should be applauded.

Now that the Premiership will only now ride on Mondays and Wednesdays (and Thursdays)...

Will there still be Premiership meetings on Good Friday?

Or will it be Championship only?

A BIG money spinner for some like BV...

However I suppose if Championship teams have 'the rights to Fridays' it could end up with Guests galore again due to DU's...

As a bank holday and a day that Poland don’t ride, I should imagine it will be a full league program as usual.