British Speedway Forum
Skidder1

2018 Fixtures

So with the BSPA apparently 'listening to the fans' and with the FIFA World Cup fixtures in Russia now confirmed from mid-June to mid-July 2018, I guess there could well be some 'enforced' gaps in the Speedway fixture list when there are potential clashes with the more popular footie matches.

Monday 18th June is the first date that might see no SGBP meetings as its England v Tunisia on TV at 7pm.

There are a number of other fixtures potentially clashing with both SGBP and SGBC fixtures through til Sunday July 15th.

Thoughts?

So with the BSPA apparently 'listening to the fans' and with the FIFA World Cup fixtures in Russia now confirmed from mid-June to mid-July 2018, I guess there could well be some 'enforced' gaps in the Speedway fixture list when there are potential clashes with the more popular footie matches.

Monday 18th June is the first date that might see no SGBP meetings as its England v Tunisia on TV at 7pm.

There are a number of other fixtures potentially clashing with both SGBP and SGBC fixtures through til Sunday July 15th.

Thoughts?

It's the England football team, the biggest disappointments in sporting history.

Even Wembley can't sell out anymore for home games so imo, the BSPA should just put fixtures on.

• Like 4

It's the England football team, the biggest disappointments in sporting history.

Even Wembley can't sell out anymore for home games so imo, the BSPA should just put fixtures on.

I would think Meetings would be postponed.

It would surely be a financial disaster to go up against the Football, particularly if England are playing.

Looks like yet another disrupted season during the main Summer months. Wouldn't it be nice if we could be looking forward to 2018 with renewed optimism it's going to be a good year but as each one passes I get more disillusioned and expect the usual rush to complete fixtures in the cold wet month of October......or perhaps I'm getting too pessimistic in my old age. :neutral:

• Like 4

Do people still watch England playing Football?

• Like 1

Do people still watch England playing Football?

Yes - on the Telly. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

I know there have been lower attendances lately - but if it is the World Cup - people will turn out in numbers.

what happened last time?

Good grief ch958 - I can't remember last time.

My memory is suffering these days.

we were awful & looked like they couldn't wait to get home, to then go abroad again to holiday with their W.A.G.S!

I've no idea why football is still so popular I catch the odd game and have no idea whose who, it's proberly me but surely football now is more substance over actual standard

Don't Panic. BSPA just do the fixtures with the usual allowances for club's preferences. and if a big match coincides with one, rearrange it for a better day. Remember, with less fixtures at home, there will be gaps in the fixtures anyway. Don't panic Pike. :P

Why/how will there be fewer fixtures at home in the SGBP?? There are quite a few FIFA World Cup matches scheduled for Mondays and Wednesdays (even Thursdays for Swindon!!)?

'A' league fixtures only for the championship, plus the odd trophy and cup match. Less meetings seems to be the chosen way forward by the promoters.

So how many meetings will you want to arrange because of the World Cup? You know you can record it or watch highlights later.

Who would you want to see playing football? England, Brazil, Spain, Germany, ...........

So how many meetings will you want to arrange because of the World Cup? You know you can record it or watch highlights later.

I'll record it and play it back when I'm asleep. ;):cheers:

Edited by tyretrax
  • Haha 1