British Speedway Forum
Mark

World Championship Pairs

16 minutes ago, acef said:

Interesting. 

Interestingly sad, and equally as pathetic that you'll spend the duration of your evening slating 2 people who are simply doing their jobs. 

This is a strange place, for sure. 

It's more interesting than the racing... 

4 minutes ago, Speedy swindon pete said:

Good god I’m glad I haven’t watched this from the very start. Painfully turgid stuff.

For Slovenia to win, Matej will need to get in front and whilst the Danes team ride 150 yards behind, holding the other Slovenian in fourth, he stops, takes out a piece of elastic and tie it across the track...

Then wait for the Danes to eventually come by and try and take one of them out at head high level..

It could work...

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Steve0 said:

Total borefest packed with lesser riders!

But in theory should still be some racing for that third place with the lesser riders.  I just wonder if the problem is the track tonight? 

Do need to tweak to provide a third rider to cover.

1 minute ago, TheReturn said:

But in theory should still be some racing for that third place with the lesser riders.  I just wonder if the problem is the track tonight? 

Do need to tweak to provide a third rider to cover.

It`s compulsory  in 2019 to have 3 riders- 1 of which is U21

Yeah considering that was pretty contrived for TV to make it interesting that was still a poor meeting.

1 minute ago, racers and royals said:

Why is it not this year?

Edited by Humphrey Appleby

So the losers win ... as we were saying all day, despite denials here.

Mediocrity is now the way forward.

Dreadful.

Edited by Grand Central
  • Like 1

Strange how Nigel and Kelvin through all the discussion about missing riders from Denmark, that is Pedersen and NKI, have never mentioned Leon Madsen who surely should have also been considered?  ....

Just shows by not having a mandatory 3 riders per team has affected the results and winners penalised

2 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

I think they should be considering a change to teams of 4 plus 1 under 21 rider next year...maybe only have 4 Nations per meeting to keep the standard up! They could call it the World Cup or something like that. 

This was a terrible idea, badly implemented. It needs to be shelved after this year. 

• Like 9

Exactly,a World  Championship and Countries can't supply 3 riders,how is that the way forward.Pathetic.

Germany has 20 active speedway tracks, it begs the question why Teterow keeps getting the GP and the pairs. 

1 minute ago, HenryW said:

I think they should be considering a change to teams of 4 plus 1 under 21 rider next year...maybe only have 4 Nations per meeting to keep the standard up! They could call it the World Cup or something like that. 

This was a terrible idea, badly implemented. It needs to be shelved after this year. 

Not sure this is that bad, just needs tweaking. I love the idea of team riding, a lost art of the sport. But, when we get to the final, we should see more riders of similar ability which should make it much more interesting.

18 minutes ago, mikebv said:

It's just been said that some countries don't have U21 riders of a sufficient capability level..

So why make that the rule?:blink:

Exactly