British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole v Kings Lynn. Prem B. 1st August 2018

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

What was wrong about my post? Lambert has asked to be excused from the test match because he needs a break (he's fatigued!!) - his words not mine! The fact that he'd booked a short break is largely irrelevant which is why i didn't mention it.

I don't blame him for wanting to take a break. The point of my post on this particular meeting thread was whether his fatigue plus his Swedish commitment this evening plusgoing to number 1 would have any effect on his performance?!  We shall soon see tomorrow.

In other words stirring the pot.

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

Oh Starman, let me have my fun! :D:party:

Yeh i know, if they cant post constructive  they make it up. .. They'l be making up, excuses for how they got beat  tomorrow night ..;)

Edited by Starman2006

Chris Holder is another only he declined to ride for the Club that own him

14 minutes ago, semion said:

Chris Holder is another only he declined to ride for the Club that own him

No club owns a rider they are self employed who agree to ride for the club.  The club controls the riders licence because the riders sign a contract allowing that to happen.

Edited by A ORLOV

4 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Yeh i know, if they cant post constructive  they make it up. .. They'l be making up, excuses for how they got beat  tomorrow night ..;)

There won't be no excuses  tomorrow night from me.. Your reserves will have a field day. Outscoring Lynn's by around 15 points or more. That's where your win will come from. Poole at home, confidence high, very good reserve pairing. I doubt there is anyone expecting a Lynn win. I would take a point, but I think it will be wider than that. 

2 hours ago, tellboy said:

Of course he is proud to represent his country.But having to do things last minute is ridiculous.The people at fault here are the BSPA for organising a test match at such short notice.

Could you imagine any other sports bodies organising a friendly etc 3-weeks before it actually takes place and expecting all there players to take part. 

Can you imagine Southgate telling Kane you have to cancel your Maldives holiday we have an important friendly against Azerbaijan in 3 weeks.

It’s not the BSPA organising it though is it .........

4 minutes ago, Trees said:

Correct, the BSPA are totally irrelevant to the international fixtures. This fixture has come together from the new owners of Speedway Great Britain, VRX Motorsport (Rob Painter & Vicky Blackwell).

The owners and team manager have accepted Robert Lambert's request due to his racing schedule but have made it clear to ALL British rider's that this will be a one off. Unless injured or an exceptional reason, all rider's are to be available for international fixtures. If any rider's fail to accept an international selection a request to the FIM could be made to impose a worldwide suspension.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Trees said:

Well whoever it is that are organising it are the ones the people should be pointing the finger at.But then again it is only SS again.Probably just wants to get this thread past 20 pages so he feels that Poole are the most popular.

Edited by tellboy

18 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Correct, the BSPA are totally irrelevant to the international fixtures. This fixture has come together from the new owners of Speedway Great Britain, VRX Motorsport (Rob Painter & Vicky Blackwell).

The owners and team manager have accepted Robert Lambert's request due to his racing schedule but have made it clear to ALL British rider's that this will be a one off. Unless injured or an exceptional reason, all rider's are to be available for international fixtures. If any rider's fail to accept an international selection a request to the FIM could be made to impose a worldwide suspension.

I agree that all British riders should be available,but on the agreeance that all international matches are known prior to the start of the season.Not slapped in your face a few weeks before they want you to ride.I think this is fair don't you?

• Like 9

The late notice makes it a bit of a glorified fixture filler really. Its a good idea though but ideally take team for a challenge meeting to 1 of the big polish tracks. that would be more worthwhile. or at the nss where a big international meeting is likely to take place. The late notice is a bit strange for a big meeting really

3 hours ago, tellboy said:

Could you imagine any other sports bodies organising a friendly etc 3-weeks before it actually takes place and expecting all there players to take part. 

Can you imagine Southgate telling Kane you have to cancel your Maldives holiday we have an important friendly against Azerbaijan in 3 weeks.

It wasn’t even 3 weeks it was 10 days as up until last Tuesday( Newcastle were visiting Glasgow on Friday 3rd ) then they got told it was being postponed due to the Test match the following night 

34 minutes ago, tellboy said:

I agree that all British riders should be available,but on the agreeance that all international matches are known prior to the start of the season.Not slapped in your face a few weeks before they want you to ride.I think this is fair don't you?

I agree that fixtures should (and hopefully will be in 2019) pre planned but VRX only took over in April as the Speedway Great Britain franchise. So finding gaps in the British Speedway schedule is extremely difficult. Especially with most rider's doubling up between the Premiership and Championship. Getting this 1st test match off the ground will be to see if these matches grab the attention of the paying public, especially with the inclusion of the top rider's in the World.

Yes it is short notice but absolutely vital for all parties and more so, Speedway Great Britain. 

Is Kyle still booked, or is he unbooked :blink:?. He looked out of sorts/ lacking confidence Monday.Can't see him scoring much at all tomorrow.

Edited by Bald Bloke

9 hours ago, semion said:

Didn’t Tai decline to ride for his country in recent times ?

and didnt he come back when there was a chance of winning