British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bagpuss

King's Lynn v Wolves 22/08/18 DOUBLE HEADER

4 minutes ago, mrss said:

I suggested it to someone at the stadium yesterday, but apparently Buster said no.

Putting my Buster head on for a moment. If they issue vouchers and the first match I'd delayed or crap an awful lot of people would take the voucher and Buster would in effect lose that money.

I know me seeing his side will shock some people but I'm a Libran so can see both sides although it's the club lack of foresight (or early season fixtures) that has caused this problem. 

Just a thought, why couldn't one meeting be held BH Monday morning. Would be over and done with in time for both teams to ride in the evening.

27 minutes ago, Star Lady said:

Putting my Buster head on for a moment. If they issue vouchers and the first match I'd delayed or crap an awful lot of people would take the voucher and Buster would in effect lose that money.

I know me seeing his side will shock some people but I'm a Libran so can see both sides although it's the club lack of foresight (or early season fixtures) that has caused this problem. 

Just a thought, why couldn't one meeting be held BH Monday morning. Would be over and done with in time for both teams to ride in the evening.

Couldn't ride in the morning unless Wolverhampton could get to Manchester for a 12 noon start:wink:

1 minute ago, tellboy said:

Couldn't ride in the morning unless Wolverhampton could get to Manchester for a 12 noon start:wink:

Having seen the way some of them drive, I reckon half the team would make it in time:P

2 minutes ago, Star Lady said:

Having seen the way some of them drive, I reckon half the team would make it in time:P

They all seem to put their foot down a little don't they.

Plus there some stock car meeting at 1pm.

Here's the thing, charge the usual admission (£16.50) and get 1000 through the door would average around £16,500. Get 600 because you've over charged (£25) and the club will only average £15,000.

To break even 660 are needed.

For me, 30 races (especially against the same team) at £18 is excellent value and more likely to encourage more punters in. Maybe more Wolves fans and even reasonably close fans of other teams would turn up for what seems a bargain i.e Peterborough and Mildenhall etc. 

(For the record, figures worked out by meeting in the middle of adult and concession admissions)

1 hour ago, mrss said:

I suggested it to someone at the stadium yesterday, but apparently Buster said no.

At least we know he considered it ( however briefly ). A great pity as it would have been easy and inexpensive to administrate.

2 hours ago, Star Lady said:

I know me seeing his side will shock some people but I'm a Libran

That's handy to know, any good books you could recommend ? :rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, semion said:

That's handy to know, any good books you could recommend ? :rolleyes:

Use a kindle, not so heavy. Very handy for War and Peace:P

8 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

Here's the thing, charge the usual admission (£16.50) and get 1000 through the door would average around £16,500. Get 600 because you've over charged (£25) and the club will only average £15,000.

To break even 660 are needed.

For me, 30 races (especially against the same team) at £18 is excellent value and more likely to encourage more punters in. Maybe more Wolves fans and even reasonably close fans of other teams would turn up for what seems a bargain i.e Peterborough and Mildenhall etc. 

(For the record, figures worked out by meeting in the middle of adult and concession admissions)

Mate. 2 meetings for the price of 1 is a great idea. I think that would attract some neutrals too. Like from Peterborough Ipswich rye house. This whole thing would have a positive spin to it! And if the 2nd was to end in farce no 1 would complain too much. That’s speedway!

cant believe I agree with you on something!!!  

• Like 1

Guest GiveusaB
9 hours ago, Danny Connor said:

Mate. 2 meetings for the price of 1 is a great idea. I think that would attract some neutrals too. Like from Peterborough Ipswich rye house. This whole thing would have a positive spin to it! And if the 2nd was to end in farce no 1 would complain too much. That’s speedway!

cant believe I agree with you on something!!!  

2 meetings against the same team ??? I'd be bored senseless !

On ‎8‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 7:08 AM, jchapman said:

A very simple solution and a great shame if not offered.

Never know I few may go because of this offer with the intention of leaving after the first meeting, but enjoy the racing in the first meeting and decide to stay.

Correct...

Unfortunately how many would have stayed will never be known...

If nothing else it would have given some info as to whether using such a mechanic is viable for any future DH's...

Something such as this could only have had a positive impact to the attendance, as those with time constraints or simply don't want to stand around for so long watching Speedway, would have attended in greater numbers than now will be the case....

Sadly, there just isn't the focus on what the 'customers' want in Speedway, and it therefore time and time again delivers the attendances that the level of focus it gives deserves.

• Like 1

On ‎8‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 5:39 AM, Haza said:

They could even hand out a voucher on the way out £9 off the next meeting you attend as long as you leave the stadium prior to heat one of the second meeting I’d have thought that wouldn’t be too difficult for the club - So the club lose £36 because they are unable or un willing to help customers. 

Great idea....

16 hours ago, Star Lady said:

Use a kindle, not so heavy. Very handy for War and Peace:P

My Kids use to love a Kindle surprise...expensive eggs though.  can you still buy them ?  :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, mikebv said:

Sadly, there just isn't the focus on what the 'customers' want in Speedway, and it therefore time and time again delivers the attendances that the level of focus it gives deserves.

Sadly that remains the case for this century at least. It must be the only sport where the concerns of the paying customer are so disregarded and whose feedback is of no interest.

• Like 1

So It is looking another fine day in Gotham City ready for this feast of Speedway action.  Get there early folks to get a prime position.  You wouldn't wanna miss any of the action.

I'm going for   54-36  in the first....then 38-22 in the 2nd  With Robert Lambert staying unbeaten all night.

• Haha 1