British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bagpuss

King's Lynn v Wolves 22/08/18 DOUBLE HEADER

8 hours ago, waytogo28 said:

Sadly that remains the case for this century at least. It must be the only sport where the concerns of the paying customer are so disregarded and whose feedback is of no interest.

Very, very True...

I have been involved in running and marketing businesses for over 30 years and in all that time (in fact ad infintum since commerce began), pretty much nothing has changed in how you make a success of what you do..

Listen to your customer's feedback..

Give them what they want, (or be honest and explain to them why you cannot meet these expectations)..

And control your costs to ensure what your customers want is both value for money for them, but delivers profits to you..

Utopia is to earn the "lifetime loyalty" of your customer, and given Speedway is a Team Sport, that 'emotional loyalty' should be easy to engender and taken as a 'given'...

My 'loyals' as they are referred to, are absolutely key to my success, as if I lose ONE of them, such is the frequency of their visits per week, I need TWELVE other 'non loyals' (customers who shop at various locations), to visit me once a week to replace them..

Instead of wondering why they are not getting any new customers in, maybe Speedway should try and attract back those 'loyals' who used to attend, whilst at the same time listening to the 'loyals' who still do attend,  but are gradually losing their emotional attachment to keep themselves attending..

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Is that meant to be breaking news!

First time I'd seen it. Couldn't see it mentioned on here. Not bothered one way or the other really.

21 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

Here's the thing, charge the usual admission (£16.50) and get 1000 through the door would average around £16,500. Get 600 because you've over charged (£25) and the club will only average £15,000.

To break even 660 are needed.

For me, 30 races (especially against the same team) at £18 is excellent value and more likely to encourage more punters in. Maybe more Wolves fans and even reasonably close fans of other teams would turn up for what seems a bargain i.e Peterborough and Mildenhall etc. 

(For the record, figures worked out by meeting in the middle of adult and concession admissions)

I can assure you most of the Peterborough supporters I know think the racing at Lynn is complete and utter pants.

Bargain doesn’t come into it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

First time I'd seen it. Couldn't see it mentioned on here. Not bothered one way or the other really.

I thought you were on the ball!

13 minutes ago, bigcatdiary said:

I can assure you most of the Peterborough supporters I know think the racing at Lynn is complete and utter pants.

Bargain doesn’t come into it.

Enough of them seem to dot themselves around most weeks. 

1 hour ago, semion said:

Things a little slowwwwwwwwwwwwww down on the South Coast Skidder ?

Nope just stuck indoors this morning with the plumbers and the roofing contractors in attendance..

Looking forward to hosting some guests at the Poole v Swindon meeting this evening:t:

Skidder, with Swindon's current form  you should be home and hosed by heat 11

On 21 August 2018 at 8:55 AM, Trees said:

Now that is a good idea.... 

I have suggested it to management... 

Trees, have you had an answer from the management yet?

48 minutes ago, semion said:

Skidder, with Swindon's current form  you should be home and hosed by heat 11

..but we have a different track man today and are missing Monday's top scorer, Klindt and reserve Jacobsen. And we have a misfiring Number 1 and a number 5 who was beset with mechanicals on Monday and only managed 2 points.  I remain open-minded and hope I have an out and out Poole 'Rider of the Night' to present a trophy  to?!!:t:

COYP.

Edited by Skidder1

Both teams operating R/R for their No.1's on a Double Header... where can I sign up!?!

I very much doubt they will run all 30 heats. Despite all the advertising saying '30 heats of action' etc. Maybe they should offer a £1 rebate for every heat under 30 they don't complete which can be used off the next meeting?

This should be the exciting end of the season, the push for the playoffs etc, but the circumstances make it impossible not to feel 'meh'.

Had we have had a full team out it would be different I guess.

Hope it's a good meeting for those of you who are going, and all the riders perform well.

• Like 2

Lynn .News reporting A47 blocked at East Winch and advising to avoid the area. Doesn't give a time scale