British Speedway Forum
ScunnyDan

Scunthorpe 2019

as long as barker keeps his form,can only be a good decision,when is allen going to number 1 ? go the scorpians

2 minutes ago, Spiderman1 said:

as long as barker keeps his form,can only be a good decision,when is allen going to number 1 ? go the scorpians

Answers to questions such as this can be found by checking the current Green Sheet averages

http://www.speedwaygb.co.uk/files/downloads/SGBC Issue 22 TEAM DECS and Green Sheets.pdf

and the unofficial averages

http://www.speedwaygb.co.uk/scunthorpe19

these would suggest that Jake Allen will be No 1 from 1st August

On ‎7‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 10:23 AM, IronScorpion said:

Now we know the answers to our questions about whether Garrity or Barker will be here at the weekend. Garrity to Birmingham so Barker to the Scorpions. As I have said on previous threads, he has sorted his personal problems, scored well for us & other teams have picked him as a guest. Welcome fulltime Ben.

Well if we had not made this switch I don't know what more Ben Barker could have done to make us make this switch ?. His form so far indicates he is the long long  overdue No1 scorer here there and everywhere we have needed for many a long season !. Seems the chance for Jason Garrity to pick up the ride at Brummies has also fallen at the right time and everyone moves on with best wishes and thanks for their efforts. Having already secured the standout rider of the season in Danny Ayres; in Ben Barker we have an exciting signing that can make the difference especially away from the EWR. Josh; Jake; Ben; Danny that's a four that can mix it with the best of them. Throw in Stephan; Simon and Ryan and if we can stay fit we should be good for a play-off spot ! Well done the management for securing Ben Barker as a Scorpion.

• Like 5

We made the riding order at Redcar to counteract Wright at 2 & won(just :party:), & was going to keep the same riding order for the meeting v Leicester so who knows what the order will be Sunday.

We do know, though, there will be a change at no1 from 1/8 as Allen will now occupy that position. Do we go with what we have done before with Auty at 5 with the reserves in 3 rides or do we go with rider pairings tried this year?

1. Allen         2. Ayres        3. Barker       4. Nielsen       5. Auty       6. Kinsley       7. Lambert

1. Allen         2. Nielsen     3. Ayres        4. Auty             5. Barker    6. Kinsley      7. Lambert

Would keep Jake and Danny as a pairing, seem to ride well together.... i'd personally go for

Jake, Danny, Josh, Stef, Ben, Ryan, Si  but thats just my opinion

Danny Ayres heroics in heat 19 of British Championship can be seen  on sports page on Scunthorpe Live site. An awesome ride!!!

Edited by scunny1
  • Like 2

Seems Danny Ayres has been involved in an incident at Mildenhall today and gone to Hospital with what has been mentioned as a suspected fractured shin bone

Edited by Fozzie4388
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Fozzie4388 said:

Seems Danny Ayres has been involved in an incident at Mildenhall today and gone to Hospital with what has been mentioned as a suspected fractured shin bone

Thats a massive blow firstly to Danny, arguably the most improvex British rider in 2019. Irreplaceable at both Scunny and Mildenhall. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, the outsider said:

Thats a massive blow firstly to Danny, arguably the most improvex British rider in 2019. Irreplaceable at both Scunny and Mildenhall. 

Irreplaceable in terms of entertainment. 

Irreplaceable in many ways.... RR not a good option....and who's out there that could ever replace our Mr Entertainment?  ..  This is the worst news for Scunny... Get well soon Danny, heal soon matey.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Fozzie4388 said:

Get well soon Danny. Hope he is back in quick time. I want him to get a chance with a big Club. One of my favourite riders. Of course i have only just realised this.

Big blow for Danny and not the way he'd have wanted to end the season. And from what I seen of Danny he'll feel he's letting both Scunthorpe and Mildenhall down which couldn't be further from the truth he as been a pleasure to watch and always gives his all. I look forward to seeing him race again at the EWR hopefully in sunny colours but if not I'm sure he'll get a very warm welcome back

• Like 3

Trying to think of a stop gap for Danny ? I keep thinking is it "Crazy Frog" time ? Rob's often flirted with the idea of Berge at Scunny ? 

Scunthorpe will need to sign a rider to cover for Ayres, but maybe about to make more than one change I hear.

• Like 1