British Speedway Forum
lisa-colette

Belle Vue vs Kings Lynn Playoff Semi 1st Leg 24/09/18

1 minute ago, foreverblue said:

I would imagine the ref is in trouble too and they haven't much time as will have to be sorted before monday I would think but what would be the ruling for stopping Worrall for heat 15? 

Absolutely nothing. The result will remain as is.

35 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

but what would be the ruling for stopping Worrall for heat 15? 

The only thing they could do is take the result at heat 14, and declare heat 15 as null and void?    But I really don't see that happening.

Think some people are going over the top a bit on the Allitt,Lambert,Etheridge spat.So what no blows were landed.Some people saying attacked,physical violence,blimey worse things go on in pre-school.A bit of passion is what is needed in the sport and sometimes it ends in a little bit of handbags.Think the worse bit was Summers how he pushed Allitt,but even that made me chuckle a bit.Passion,pride and adrenalin what a combination.

Edited by tellboy
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, tellboy said:

Think some people are going over the top a bit on the Allitt,Lambert,Etheridge spat.So what no blows were landed.Some people saying attacked,physical violence,blimey worse things go in in pre-school.A bit of passion is what is needed in the sport and sometimes it ends in a little bit of handbags.Think the worse bit was Summers how he pushed Allitt,but even that made me chuckle a bit.Passion,pride and adrenalin what a combination.

Totally agree

I don't think Allitt did himself any favours by his actions last Monday,   or by the comments he made in the SS afterwards when referring to the incident.  Its all very well for a team Manager to show passion to his riders, but doing it that way was more like a football hooligan .     Someone of his position, should be more calculating,  and in control of every situation.  He should be setting an example  to his riders,   not jumping in at the first instance and behaving like an idiot....  

No, I don't think he done himself or the club any favours at all..... 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, waytogo28 said:

It was an assault and anywhere else could easily have had serious consequences with the police. He showed no self-control and no interest in resolving the dispute before it worsened. No man management skills. More like a bully boy. It certainly was an attack. 

Have you watched the Ben Stokes incident? Do you remember the outcome from that?

Somehow cant see 'serious consequences' for Allitt given the assessment of the above can you......

I certainly don't think that there is a need for the SCB to impose any heavy penalty on Allit. He has not helped himself with his tweet after the meeting or his interview in the SS, a show of remorse is usually wise but even so I think that nothing more than a warning, a fine or, a suspended penalty is required.

The heat 15 error by the referee is a difficult one to deal with. Nobody knows what the result might have been if Worrall had ridden. If he had I believe that he would have taken gate 2 and Fricke gate 4 and it could have been a completely different race. The race can't now be rerun so the only options seem to be to leave the result as it stands or end the meeting at heat 14. Both teams could rightly argue that either option is unfair.

Edited by Aces51

11 minutes ago, Aces51 said:

I certainly don't think that there is a need for the SCB to impose any heavy penalty on Allit. He has not helped himself with his tweet after the meeting or his interview in the SS, a show of remorse is usually wise but even so I think that nothing more than a warning, a fine or, a suspended penalty is required.

The heat 15 error by the referee is a difficult one to deal with. Nobody knows what the result might have been if Worrall had ridden. If he had I believe that he would have taken gate 2 and Fricke gate 4 and it could have been a completely different race. The race can't now be rerun so the only options seem to be to leave the result as it stands or end the meeting at heat 14. Both teams could rightly argue that either option is unfair.

I know Worrall beat Lambert earlier in the meeting but the way the meeting panned out and NKI and Lambert improving as the meeting went on, added to the fact Kings Lynn had the best gates,you wouldn't bet much on Worrall getting any points in heat 15.

22 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

I know Worrall beat Lambert earlier in the meeting but the way the meeting panned out and NKI and Lambert improving as the meeting went on, added to the fact Kings Lynn had the best gates,you wouldn't bet much on Worrall getting any points in heat 15.

But we don't know for sure. If Worrall gated and held up Lambert and NKI then fricke could have squeezed through. 

Do I think that would have happened. No, but it could have. We will never know. I don't think anything will be done about it. But if it was I assume the result will be declared after heat 14 and the ref struck off

Ref has probably got a repremand in private. Result would never be altered.

1 hour ago, Aces51 said:

You are far too sensible and measured for this forum. Go outside and have a word with yourself :D

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Phil The Ace said:

But we don't know for sure. If Worrall gated and held up Lambert and NKI then fricke could have squeezed through. 

Do I think that would have happened. No, but it could have. We will never know. I don't think anything will be done about it. But if it was I assume the result will be declared after heat 14 and the ref struck off

Don't think ref being struck off will ever happen. It wouldn't help you much can't see how KL could lose at home to any team the form they are in right now. 

1 hour ago, foreverblue said:

Don't think ref being struck off will ever happen. It wouldn't help you much can't see how KL could lose at home to any team the form they are in right now. 

We all know our chances are slim but the point about heat 15 is that, at the moment, you just never know with Worrall. He can and does sometimes pop out of the gate and can be difficult to pass, ask Doyle. At other times, he gets passed easily. The point is we were wrongly denied the chance to find out and no matter what any of us might think nobody can say with certainty that the result would not have been different.

Whatever the SCB decide we shall soon find out if a KL lead of less than 8 would have made any difference to the overall result. I doubt it will happen but if we were to lose overall by less than 8 and the original result stands, we would have every reason to feel very aggrieved.

It would be like gogglegate all over again.:D

• Haha 1

On 9/24/2018 at 10:51 PM, Col said:

Still think the Stars middle order of Jorgensen, Proctor & Riss are capable of losing them a meeting (& Championship).

Two 5-1's conceeded by Proctor & Jorgensen so far tonight. One to Garcia & one to Berge. It won't cost them but just making my point.