British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

Poole v Wolverhampton Premiership Monday June 17th live on BT Sport

16 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Can't knock the Poole riders efforts at all.Track man? Tv money coming in? Bigger crowds?

You can't the knock Poole riders efforts. Just the promotion for the track £££

Not a good meeting Steve

It was complete and utter pants from start to finish, the track is an absolute shambles and it’s clear their own fans have had enough.

Its not hard to see why Poole are struggling but as others have said the management just care about winning nothing else, racing etc is non existent.

A poor advert for the sport and BT shouldn’t show anymore matches from there until it’s significantly improved, certainly not a good advert for fans to travel and watch that dross.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, acef said:

Record being broken means nothing.

Im not there, but as I said, the feedback I’ve had is that the track was bumpy and Fricke essentially retired in heat 15 because of it.

A couple of other riders as well almost getting off.

Like I said, I’m not there but I trust the judgment of the person who is.

Absolute BS. Never heard so much rubbish spoken on here. Swindon track was plop against Poole no doubt. Not tonight. 

Now Poole and Wolves can have their thread back! Sorry!

1 minute ago, thecoombdog said:

Think that is sour grapes. Was the best it's been this season. Your riders were just plop bar Fricke who was class.

It’s not. I can vouch for that.

Its a legitimate opinion and I don’t expect Swindon fans to agree 

Just now, thecoombdog said:

Absolute BS. Never heard so much rubbish spoken on here. Swindon track was plop against Poole no doubt. Not tonight. 

Now Poole and Wolves can have their thread back! Sorry!

Perhaps one or two bv fans who were there can jump on here and offer their opinion?

Poole really are the Manchester United of speedway, a total shambles. Sort the track out before someone gets seriously hurt.

9 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

.... lets all hope the upcoming track improvements get the track back to where it was before. 

When was that, then?  Are you old enough to remember when the track was good?

Hope your cart dealership is more successful than "Poole Speedway plc"

• Like 1

Kelv made more than a few digs at the track tonight. Lets see if the latest "major track work will take place"  works, and if it eventually happens, I hope it works for UK speedways sake.

Edited by Bald Bloke

28 minutes ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

The speedway version of that rule was done away with half way through last season as the Vice Chairmans track was bottom of the track preparation reports so he simply tore up the report system.

That's POWER for you! The iron Man Cometh ( and rusts away slowly taking UK speedway with him.)

15 minutes ago, ytsejam said:

What an embarrassment of a meeting that was!.... THREE position passes all night and no lead changes whatsoever. Utter and complete rubbish. 

I was listening on Radio 7 Live to Pearson and Tatum's commentary and they made it sound really exciting.

5 minutes ago, Midland Red said:

When was that, then?  Are you old enough to remember when the track was good?

Hope your cart dealership is more successful than "Poole Speedway plc"

What a strange thing to say. What on earth is a cart dealership?:blink:

The track work is reported to be starting this week. I am not in the country so can’t pop down to take a look but from what I can gather proper heavy equipment is being bought in and fresh new shale laid. Guess we will find out if it’s an improvement next home meeting.

As for tonight, a good solid win against a full strength Wolves team who have gone backwards bringing in Thorssell and Morris. Should have kept their other 1-7.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, waytogo28 said:

I was listening on Radio 7 Live to Pearson and Tatum's commentary and they made it sound really exciting.

Their job

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

You can't the knock Poole riders efforts. Just the promotion for the track £££

Why are you editing my post for? Against forum rules. So first sentence I didn't actually say...:rolleyes:

23 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

Masters 3rd highest scorer overall on the night.

5-1ed twice. Heat 15 & when in as a TS.

5 minutes ago, waytogo28 said:

The shouty twins could make a two snail race, where one of them is dead!, sound exciting with their inane noises and ridiculous words. It's their job! 

• Like 1