Jump to content
British Speedway Forum
bigcatdiary

Peterborough Panthers 2020

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Cook has never been at Top Level.

And he never will imo ...

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really didn't mean for this to turn into a Cook v Iversen debate, my original point merely was that we’ve probably seen the best of Puk over the last decade and that Cook did well for us last year so probably deserves another go. There are other variables too, Niels is going to be extremely busy this year and perhaps Lynn would prefer a rider with fewer commitments abroad. I would imagine if Lynn wanted Puk then he would be there but it would be difficult to fit him, Cook and Robert into the same side so perhaps they decided the top two from last year were a better bet. You certainly can’t compare Iversen and Cook’s achievements on the world stage or in foreign leagues but perhaps in the Premiership which I’d have thought must be Puk’s lowest priority Cook might be the right choice for King’s Lynn for 2020.  

Edited by Bagpuss
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

I really didn't mean for this to turn into a Cook v Iversen debate, my original point merely was that we’ve probably seen the best of Puk over the last decade and that Cook did well for us last year so probably deserves another go. There are other variables too, Niels is going to be extremely busy this year and perhaps Lynn would prefer a rider with fewer commitments abroad. I would imagine if Lynn wanted Puk then he would be there but it would be difficult to fit him, Cook and Robert into the same side so perhaps they decided the top two from last year were a better bet. You certainly can’t compare Iversen and Cook’s achievements on the world stage or in foreign leagues but perhaps in the Premiership which I’d have thought must be Puk’s lowest priority Cook might be the right choice for King’s Lynn for 2020.  

In fairness I don't think it was you that tried to make it into a Cook /Iversen debate , I may have contributed but only after others and one in particular responded. On a personal note I will always have the greatest respect for Iversen as a top rider, top bloke and anyone that passes dirty Nicki at Cardiff has my admiration.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My only reasoning was based on NKI average over previous two year in the Top Flight.  That’s dealing eggs with eggs.  Not comparing GP’s Poland etc.

Each of the previous years at Lynn he became shagged out as the season progressed due to his heavy work load.  So much so that in the end he gave the UK a miss totally. 
 

Don’t get me wrong we saw some great years from the guy but imho he is on the downward slope and the UK is at the bottom of his agenda.  I hope for Panthers fans I’m wrong. 
 

With Cook I really don’t think we have seen the best of him at Saddlebow, yet. He has struggled to find the consistency there. Plus he has had other issues to deal with.  However it seems the UK is his priority and as such again imho he will improve his average.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As far as Cook is concerned I think his better years have been at Belle Vue but as he is a gater he should have done well at Kings Lynn but has underachieved in my opinion. As for Iversen anyone who has qualified for the gp's and is good enough for a rostrum position has to respected and i think he will have a good season,maybe even improve his average a little. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

no point arguing who the best is, just be thankful we have Iversen, Cook, Pedersen, Crump, Doyle etc in this country

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, foreverblue said:

As far as Cook is concerned I think his better years have been at Belle Vue but as he is a gater he should have done well at Kings Lynn but has underachieved in my opinion. 

It’s not just about gating though, Lynn has been a track with a unique surface and a huge amount of grip and it took him a while to get used to riding it every week as it does many riders, I believe he averaged over eight both home and away which isn’t too bad at all. Seems the track will be slicker this coming season which can only benefit the likes of him and Hartel and hopefully the standard of racing which badly needs to improve. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

bet there's a big difference in Niels average for his first 2 rides compared to 3 & 4 around KL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

It’s not just about gating though, Lynn has been a track with a unique surface and a huge amount of grip and it took him a while to get used to riding it every week as it does many riders, I believe he averaged over eight both home and away which isn’t too bad at all. Seems the track will be slicker this coming season which can only benefit the likes of him and Hartel and hopefully the standard of racing which badly needs to improve. 

Yes agreed the racing at KL has been very poor in recent times so hopefully the slicker track can help. Hopefully Peterborough can be better too, apart from the Poole meeting which was amazing, the racing has been fairly poor at Peterborough recently i believe quite a few have said.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Yes agreed the racing at KL has been very poor in recent times so hopefully the slicker track can help. Hopefully Peterborough can be better too, apart from the Poole meeting which was amazing, the racing has been fairly poor at Peterborough recently i believe quite a few have said.

Was awful last time I was there for a championship meet a couple of years ago ( Sheffield were the visitors I think) 

Edited by SPEEDY69

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, semion said:

Puk is on the way down, do you think Cook is ?

Most importantly of all, I suspect that Cook believes he is on the way down and in speedway confidence and self belief is everything. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

overall NKI is the better rider, but over here id say cook is probably better just

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Depends if Iversen wants to know or not, if he does then he’s by far the better rider. 
 

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, stevehone said:

no point arguing who the best is, just be thankful we have Iversen, Cook, Pedersen, Crump, Doyle etc in this country

Not sure we need to be thankful Cook rides here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ronnie Russell on TV today selling his bravery medal from helping to avert Princess Anne being kidnapped,  did he win any speedway medals to sell or are they deemed worthless..

Maybe start a debate now on which Russell brother was the best 

Edited by scoobydoo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy