British Speedway Forum
Skidder1

POOLE V KINGS LYNN, SUPPORTERS CUP, Weds9.10.19

Reduced admission (attendance and financially I reckon) for this outstanding and meaningless fixture.

It'll be interesting to see who's in the respective line-ups, who's injured, who's gone on holiday and who the guests are, who complains about the track etc etc..

I shall be there as usual but won't get there too early just in case.......;)

Well the winter is a long time so I for one will be there to watch. It’s an official trophy so worth winning. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Well the winter is a long time so I for one will be there to watch. It’s an official trophy so worth winning. 

Thought I read that Swindon had already won it! but hey I'm not a speedway fan anymore so I'll bow to your superior speedway knowledge:rolleyes:

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Star Lady said:

Thought I read that Swindon had already won it! but hey I'm not a speedway fan anymore so I'll bow to your superior speedway knowledge:rolleyes:

They have. Maybe he means official meeting. Idk. 

6 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

They have. Maybe he means official meeting. Idk. 

and maybe it means I (a non fan) know more about speedway outside of Dorset than he does:P:rofl:

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Trouble is Steve Swindon have already won it.

• Haha 1

so the fine for not staging was deemed to be to be a bit tasty??!! so press the spin button and have a gamble on the attendance,note that kids under 12 will be free, christ thats not really pushing the promotional boat out is it,do something crazy under18s free plus free admission to any of the 25000 students in the town,or perhaps £5 for students plus a free shot,give the grandstand bars over to the student union to organise share bar profits with the stadium,ask the many student buses that virtually pass the stadium to stop at the stadium that evening.No thats not going to work!! have a gate of 425 and take 5or6 grand(ps doesnt say what the pensioners discount is?)

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

Reduced admission (attendance and financially I reckon) for this outstanding and meaningless fixture.

It'll be interesting to see who's in the respective line-ups, who's injured, who's gone on holiday and who the guests are, who complains about the track etc etc..

I shall be there as usual but won't get there too early just in case.......;)

All sport is meaningless, but usually fun. I just enjoy a night out at the speedway, but I suppose others must put themselves and others off just to look clever. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

And if you could possibly tell Swindon then they might offer to give you the trophy back that they recently won.........

Only 1 trophy left this season which can be won by Ipswich, Swindon or Wolves...................

8 minutes ago, poole keith said:

so the fine for not staging was deemed to be to be a bit tasty??!! so press the spin button and have a gamble on the attendance,note that kids under 12 will be free, christ thats not really pushing the promotional boat out is it,do something crazy under18s free plus free admission to any of the 25000 students in the town,or perhaps £5 for students plus a free shot,give the grandstand bars over to the student union to organise share bar profits with the stadium,ask the many student buses that virtually pass the stadium to stop at the stadium that evening.No thats not going to work!! have a gate of 425 and take 5or6 grand(ps doesnt say what the pensioners discount is?)

Hold on, that's still a bigger attendance than the semi final v Ipswich.

Now that the final is being contested at either Swindon, Wolverhampton or Ipswich there's a lot of doom and gloom around Dorset at the moment, and rightly so, given their tame and embarrassing defeat (and I'm not talking young Holder here either). Looks like Skidder and Shovlar could be 'raising the roof' (according to Steve) assuming Poole win of course, on their own.

There's been a bit of chat on the BSF forum recently about 'piggies going to market' in the last week or so and I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Pinky and Perky, Three Little Pigs, Peppa and Porky Pig as the 1-7 in the home pits. Nothing streaky about that line up...

You talk about initiatives 'poole keith' and I think the sponsors could offer a little something to the locals such as 'Clean your household carpets this week, and receive free entry to Poole v Kings Lynn in the Nondescript Cup'. See Afraidy Kurtz and the boys one last time. You could also offer a free dessert with entry e.g. a Poole Crumble, which promises much but actually has no substance to it.

Finally, I heard that the Milk Marketing Board were interested in taking over sponsorship for next season but realised their 1980's slogan 'Gotta Lotta Bottle', which they were keen to relaunch, didn't fit in with the Pirates brand. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Star Lady said:

Sorry thought it was Shield. But we already beat you in that.