Jump to content
British Speedway Forum
Daniel Smith

King's Lynn Stars 2020

Recommended Posts

15 minutes ago, tellboy said:

I am beaming as a Lynn fan,but as i said in the SEC section this success may impact on whether we see him for Lynn next season.He deserves all the success he is having and you can't fault him for wanting to reach the top.I really hope he does even if it does mean he may miss riding for Lynn.

C'mon MRC make sure he stays at Lynn with a big sponsorship:t:

Unfortunately there is a chance he might realise he doesn’t need to ride in the UK anymore...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Blupanther said:

Unfortunately there is a chance he might realise he doesn’t need to ride in the UK anymore...

My thoughts too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Before the season started several supporters were saying that Robert was finished     how wrong they were    he wasn't  finished   He has just started

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Many said he needed some time away from Lynn to improve as a rider hes done that as well, 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, John Scrutton said:

Before the season started several supporters were saying that Robert was finished     how wrong they were    he wasn't  finished   He has just started

Some people are ignorant, don’t understand speedway and are unwilling to wait and see. Was blatantly obvious after 2018 that last year was a blip even though he showed up well in some GP’s. His talent is there for all to see now if it wasn’t before. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎7‎/‎27‎/‎2020 at 9:40 PM, geoff58 said:

i go with my wife & daughter so us 3 can sit together don't have to be socially distanced so families can go as a group !!

 

 

On ‎7‎/‎27‎/‎2020 at 9:48 PM, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

No it's not- its 1m+ in all circumstances (additional precautions must be taken where less than 2) with a min 2 wherever possible

A stand would be classed as 2m being possible and capacity restricted as such

The World Snooker at Sheffield are allowing 300 supporters in from a maximum of 980 seats. This is allowed as a group family/bubble can be up to 4 people.

How can you prove that these 4 people are a family or in the bubble as anybody can put names down when applying for tickets.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/27/2020 at 3:37 PM, geoff58 said:

grandstand alone seats 1800 easily distance there get 600 no problem 1200 back straight again 400 distanced again total 1000 comfortable :t:

think again, much more to it that spreading the fans

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Phil The Ace said:

think again, much more to it that spreading the fans

we  will see the outcome ? and what the management come up with ? it's down to what percentage is allowed by boris !! to work with ? time will tell ;)

 

3 hours ago, Phil The Ace said:

think again, much more to it that spreading the fans

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Today's Speedway Star rightly gives a lot of space to Robert Lambert for his SEC win. However, the headline refers to Rambo Lambo. Surely Rambo Lambo was Simon Lambert.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Think Robert is named 'Ruthless' certainly not Rambo as stated.   with Lynn signing another 16 yr old  let hope he goes to the top just like Robert has.  But the Star will get that wrong also as they are not interested in  the POOR RELATIONS.

Edited by John Scrutton

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, John Scrutton said:

Think Robert is named 'Ruthless' certainly not Rambo as stated.   with Lynn signing another 16 yr old  let hope he goes to the top just like Robert has.  But the Star will get that wrong also as they are not interested in  the POOR RELATIONS.

King's Lynn poor relations? Utter rubbish. After Robert winning a major title they can call him anything. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

For many of you who attend Saddlebow Road regularly you will know Merv Beckett. He has sadly passed away after a battle with cancer. The Lynn news are running piece on him tomorrow, and I figured you may be interested in the article https://www.lynnnews.co.uk/news/tributes-to-much-loved-kings-lynn-scout-leader-a-friend-to-everyone-9119484/

Edited by rusky
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, rusky said:

For many of you who attend Saddlebow Road regularly you will know Merv Beckett. He has sadly passed away after a battle with cancer. The Lynn news are running piece on him tomorrow, and I figured you may be interested in the article https://www.lynnnews.co.uk/news/tributes-to-much-loved-kings-lynn-scout-leader-a-friend-to-everyone-9119484/

Blimey Steve,i'm shocked to hear this.So very,very sad to hear of Merv's passing.

Remember some very good trips we went all went on where i got to know Merv.He certainly had a good sense of humour and loved his beer.Didn't he have a large collection of beer cans at some point?

Going to miss saying hello to him at the first turn at Saddlebow Road.

Heartfelt sympathies to his family at this time.

R.I.P Merv

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He did Tellboy. We collected them on our trips. It’s worth mentioning they were all empty by the time they got onto the shelves on his wall

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/6/2020 at 8:18 PM, Richard Weston said:

Today's Speedway Star rightly gives a lot of space to Robert Lambert for his SEC win. However, the headline refers to Rambo Lambo. Surely Rambo Lambo was Simon Lambert.

Yes you are right Richard, and I think Mike Bennett was the first to call Simon 'Rambo Lambo' in public.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy