Jump to content
British Speedway Forum

Recommended Posts

23 minutes ago, eric i said:

Does putting their license on hold mean they can't hold individual meetings?

To be honest why wouldn't get?

Would definitely be a financial loss.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Marksman said:

Sad news if Somerset don't reappear in 2022, I hope they will in some form.

Starting the Cardiff weekend off at Somerset on the Friday, was one of the true highlights of the season, seeing those grass banks full of different team colours defined the sport as I new it growing up.

Do you think Cardiff 2021 will go ahead? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If a club like Somerset who are a well run club with all their own facilities in place cannot make a go of it, I fear for speedway in general in this country. Maybe next season the Rebels can start afresh in the National league, see how it goes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Cliffeboy said:

If a club like Somerset who are a well run club with all their own facilities in place cannot make a go of it, I fear for speedway in general in this country. Maybe next season the Rebels can start afresh in the National league, see how it goes. 

Alot of small industrial estates around the Oaktree arena,the land would be worth a small fortune with planning permission for similar maybe time to cash in?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, lewy said:

Alot of small industrial estates around the Oaktree arena,the land would be worth a small fortune with planning permission for similar maybe time to cash in?

No need to sell - there are several industrial units that exist currently on the land and work is well underway adding several more in what used to be the usual speedway and more so for the Pairs the ‘over flow’ car park. All the new road infrastructure has been built in recent months and already in place for that too and signs up advertising about purchasing the new units.

Edit: There is supposed to be even a coffee drive-thru being added!

Edited by Najjer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Najjer said:

No need to sell - there are several industrial units that exist currently on the land and work is well underway adding several more in what used to be the usual speedway and more so for the Pairs the ‘over flow’ car park. All the new road infrastructure has been built in recent months and already in place for that too and signs up advertising about purchasing the new units.

Didn't know that haven't been to the Oaktree since 2018 pairs,hopefully the Rebels will return in 2022 then. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

pretty sure they make a lot of income through hiring out hospitality facilities to cover any major loses  and with nothing coming in could maybe lose it all nobody knows how long the hospitality will take to get back up and running 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really hope this isn't the end for Somerset, but the final wording on that announcement sounded like a goodbye.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Osirian08 said:

Really hope this isn't the end for Somerset, but the final wording on that announcement sounded like a goodbye.

Don't jump to conclusions, i understand the last sentance doesn't sound good, but wait untill 2022 and see what happens.
With the roll out of the Vaccine things might look a little brighter in 2022.
Sadly many tracks are going to be in the same boat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/15/2021 at 8:54 AM, 1 valve said:

Do you think Cardiff 2021 will go ahead? 

? i would say.  posibly behind closed doors

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Starman2006 said:

Don't jump to conclusions, i understand the last sentance doesn't sound good, but wait untill 2022 and see what happens.
With the roll out of the Vaccine things might look a little brighter in 2022.
Sadly many tracks are going to be in the same boat.

Or wait for owner to pick the dummy up after not getting her own way :o

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Starman2006 said:

? i would say.  posibly behind closed doors

I asked because mot probably the stadium will still be a Nightingale Hospital.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 1 valve said:

I asked because mot probably the stadium will still be a Nightingale Hospital.

I think it has already been decommissioned and Spring rugby internationals are planned to take place. (Alternative arrangements for a Nightingale's having been made)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 1 valve said:

I asked because mot probably the stadium will still be a Nightingale Hospital.

Nightingale hospital now elsewhere, rugby due to be played in stadium February/march, probably without a crowd, can't see the speedway going ahead without a crowd, and IMO can't see a crowd to make it viable being allowed even in August

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Neila said:

Nightingale hospital now elsewhere, rugby due to be played in stadium February/march, probably without a crowd, can't see the speedway going ahead without a crowd, and IMO can't see a crowd to make it viable being allowed even in August

In all honesty there is zero point having a GP in Cardiff if no crowd is permitted . 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy