Jump to content
British Speedway Forum
1 valve

Leicester Lions 2020

Recommended Posts

On ‎11‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 5:54 PM, Gemini said:

No rumours? Maybe not, but a subtle hint..a few short posts back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

BrizHeathen- I do hope that you and the family  will be a regular at Beaumont Park in 2020 and I do think it will be a good move for your boy.

As confirmed at the Leicester end of season presentation team plans are well advanced with some familiar faces set to return along with some new exciting riders to join the club. Let’s remember it’s a long winter so fans and management are still enjoying the success of 2019

Edited by flagrag

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Lionsman66 said:

I see Scotty won't be returning to the Lions den in 2020!!

Going to be a mad frenzy for Scotty.

Could the Brummies possibly fit in Scott and Bomber?

Likely South Coast I'd imagine, Poole ; Eastbourne ; Kent in that order...???

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lionsman66 said:

I see Scotty won't be returning to the Lions den in 2020!!

Probably the best decision for all kinds of reasons apart from the BT Sport thing. Think back to Joe Screen at Glasgow, there are some similarities I think and maybe Dickson has that in mind too. 

It's a real shame the Lions didn't get Scotty Nicholls on board many years ago, I'm sure he would be leaving now with the club having been better for his prescence over a longer time period. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Massive thanks to the departing Scott Nicholls for his efforts as a rider and as our influential captain in Season 2019 - huge respect for the guy as an accomplished speedway rider over many years .... hope the future holds good things for you wherever you end up Scotty !!

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Agreed I think we forget how close Scott got to the very top for a few seasons along with Bomber. Never going to be World Champs I suppose but great careers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, HGould said:

Going to be a mad frenzy for Scotty.

Could the Brummies possibly fit in Scott and Bomber?

Likely South Coast I'd imagine, Poole ; Eastbourne ; Kent in that order...???

 

Can't see it being Eastbourne as they - like Leicester - are a Saturday track so still clashes with his BT commitments. I would put Kent much higher up the list of possible clubs.

Edited by Skidder1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Big Al said:

Probably the best decision for all kinds of reasons apart from the BT Sport thing. Think back to Joe Screen at Glasgow, there are some similarities I think and maybe Dickson has that in mind too. 

It's a real shame the Lions didn't get Scotty Nicholls on board many years ago, I'm sure he would be leaving now with the club having been better for his prescence over a longer time period. 

Let's not be too quick to write Scott off, especially at CL level. He captained the side to the Championship and finished top of the averages, he may not be as competitive as he used to be at the highest level but he is one of a handful of riders (in the CL) that have mastered BP and I would pay to watch. The place will be poorer without him.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stewart will have explored every team possible to his knowledge of the points limit and if Scott has to go go along with others from this year you can be sure the riders that come in will be of higher caliber 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, mac101 said:

Stewart will have explored every team possible to his knowledge of the points limit and if Scott has to go go along with others from this year you can be sure the riders that come in will be of higher caliber 

within the same limitations as every other club though, depends how you measure "higher caliber" too

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Lionsman66 said:

I see Scotty won't be returning to the Lions den in 2020!!

So who will take his place? Steve Worrall?? , Ricky Wells??or A.N. Other

Edited by KEITH M

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, KEITH M said:

So who will take his place? Steve Worrall?? , Ricky Wells??or A.N. Other

Nick Morris

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Based on the rumoured 41.00 points limit.

1. Nick Morris 8.38
2. Connor Mountain 4.73
3. Kyle Howarth 7.15
4. Ellis Perks 6.40
5. Ryan Douglas 8.31

6.03 for the reserves

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy