British Speedway Forum
cityrebel

Has anyone been anywhere yet

With the restrictions slowly being eased, has anyone ventured out to any sporting events. I have attended three speedway meetings at Lydd, Scunthorpe and King's Lynn. I have also been to two non league football matches at Leatherhead and Guildford City. It's been great to try and get back to some kind of normality.

Eleven cricket matches - various leagues - since the last week in July, when the sport was able to start its season. The 12th, in Newcastle, will be tomorrow.

Most have felt slightly 'unreal'.

Little evidence of social distancing amongst spectators, I'm afraid to say.

Edited by Piotr Pyszny

No and it’s killing me, I seem to be working 7 days a week now and having no real leisure time  I had tickets booked for GPs and gigs which got cancelled  I’m going to the vets championship at lydd in a couple of weeks but that’s it at the moment   

My lad has played six pre season friendlies and has the first game of the season tomorrow in the North West Counties League...

Playing in the FA Youth Cup Prelim Round on Wednesday..

Approx 100 expected tomorrow and 300 on Wednesday..

All matches played in Stadiums..

Social distancing an optional extra I believe from what I have observed pre season.. ..  :rolleyes::D

47 minutes ago, mikebv said:

My lad has played six pre season friendlies and has the first game of the season tomorrow in the North West Counties League...

Playing in the FA Youth Cup Prelim Round on Wednesday..

Approx 100 expected tomorrow and 300 on Wednesday..

All matches played in Stadiums..

Social distancing an optional extra I believe from what I have observed pre season.. ..  :rolleyes::D

Capacity was 600 at Leatherhead on Monday and only 150 at Guildford on Wednesday. Both matches were all ticket.

Scunthorpe twice and King’s Lynn so far.

Plymouth on Tuesday is the next one for me!

All Speedway of course as not really interested in any other sport.

1 hour ago, WembleyLion said:

Scunthorpe twice and King’s Lynn so far.

Plymouth on Tuesday is the next one for me!

All Speedway of course as not really interested in any other sport.

And then onto  Leicester?

No speedway for me in the UK so far, but I was fortunate enough to see the Finnish Championship at Seinajoki and the Finnish League match at Kuusankoski in July.

Ben fund Scunthorpe, Rybnik SEC, Czech for the U19 round, Bydgoszcz League meeting, Tarnow next week

Since we came out of lockdown I have had three meals with my wife in restaurants and a Stock Car meeting at Aldershot which is just under an hour by train and then a 30 minute walk. Sadly I have not got to a speedway meeting and doubt if I will this year. My wife normally does four or five trip abroad each year and will not be doing any for the time being. Both of us are getting rather fed up with life. 

Weekly visits to Fountains Abbey and two half-price meals in the Wetherby Whaler.

Eat Out to Help Out 4 times at pubs in Swindon..no sporting events yet. Had 3 nights at B&B Clovelly north Devon. Train to Bath and train from Blackwater for work. Jethro Tull gig in Poole cancelled. Pub quizzes outside of neighbours houses. What a bloody year!

Edited by auntie doris