British Speedway Forum
noaksey

Kings Lynn v Wolves 27/5

1 hour ago, flagrag said:

I would say the Cook decision was made before the meeting and Craig was told which resulted in him going through the motions tonight and making the rest of the team unstable.

They don’t have a meeting for a week so could have released press announcement at weekend or Monday, I would have a guess the replacement will be someone that was originally unavailable at the start of the season 

Good for Cook, I would have done the same.

Cook has been mugged off.

1 hour ago, stevehone said:

Whoever the replacement is surely it’ll make sense to have someone that will be based in the UK?

doesn't Jason Doyle live in the uk? and for the right offer i could see him sacking Sweden off 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

He doesn't smile at the best of times - how miserable must he look tonight!!

Never had a problem at Edin ;) must be the Weegie smog.

Even if Cookie had been in form, that KL team is pretty poor, amazed that Proctor even still rides in the UK.

1 hour ago, neb said:

doesn't Jason Doyle live in the uk? and for the right offer i could see him sacking Sweden off 

My point

• Like 1

5 hours ago, flagrag said:

I would say the Cook decision was made before the meeting and Craig was told which resulted in him going through the motions tonight and making the rest of the team unstable.

They don’t have a meeting for a week so could have released press announcement at weekend or Monday, I would have a guess the replacement will be someone that was originally unavailable at the start of the season 

Either that or they sacked him immediately afterwards due to a poor performance - I daresay we will find out in time.

It does seem rather bizarre that they would sign him knowing full well he would have only a couple of meetings.

Edited by Halifaxtiger

I think something probably happened or came to light last night, its disappointing that a British rider who could potentially have been the top man in this league has gone so soon.

My concern is that a replacement who is any good is going to miss meetings. 

It’s been a shambolic start to the season with the team building badly exposed, I hope they can sort it quickly for the sake of getting people back through the door.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

I think something probably happened or came to light last night, its disappointing that a British rider who could potentially have been the top man in this league has gone so soon.

My concern is that a replacement who is any good is going to miss meetings. 

It’s been a shambolic start to the season with the team building badly exposed, I hope they can sort it quickly for the sake of getting people back through the door.

I’d have thought  the replacement would be UK based at least or problems will occur with travel and riding elsewhere so missing meetings - Lawson Kennet and Autey seems the most sensible options to me go down any other route and whoever they get will miss meetings in my opinion.

40 minutes ago, Haza said:

I’d have thought  the replacement would be UK based at least or problems will occur with travel and riding elsewhere so missing meetings - Lawson Kennet and Autey seems the most sensible options to me go down any other route and whoever they get will miss meetings in my opinion.

None of the riders you suggest are number ones. Even with Cook the team was one heat leader short. How the hell Proctor keeps his place is a mystery.

• Like 1

Could Sheffield sign Cook for Thursday away meetings?;)

• Haha 6

Presume they must have someone lined up or otherwise you wouldn't get rid so quickly...

If it is Doyle (and I can't think of anyone else), then will there need to be two changes.?

Doyle did initially say that Sweden didn't offer enough meetings when compared to the UK so he signed for Swindon...

Edit. NKI could also drop Sweden and ride here, but I wouldn't think he would improve KL that much from where they are now given his form over the past few years..

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 2

Iversen wont be the answer ... too many injuries over the last five years and is on the way down rapidly now , sadly. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, mrss said:

None of the riders you suggest are number ones. Even with Cook the team was one heat leader short. How the hell Proctor keeps his place is a mystery.

I agree they are not number 1 s but least the number 1 won’t be R/R when other riders are unavailable 

I never thought Cook was cut it as a No 1 in this league. Also, when Proctor rode for Lynn a few years ago he was swamped far too often down the back straight off bend 2.