British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
OdsalBoy

Scorpions sign Adam Ellis

Replaces Josh Auty

Is Josh out injured for a length of time ? anyways, hell of a signing for the Scorpions.

Great signing. There is becoming less and less between the two top leagues. It's a handful of riders that only race in one really.

13 minutes ago, JanAndersen said:

Great signing. There is becoming less and less between the two top leagues. It's a handful of riders that only race in one really.

According to Speedway Star this week, seven (now six). Dan Bewley, Brady Kurtz, Jack Holder, Troy Batchelor, Luke Becker and Hans Andersen

22 minutes ago, topsoil said:

According to Speedway Star this week, seven (now six). Dan Bewley, Brady Kurtz, Jack Holder, Troy Batchelor, Luke Becker and Hans Andersen

Which logically suggests we should have one league. Assuming it didn't reduce the number of meetings riders have which if done properly it wouldn't then i can't see an argument against it. Teams might have to cope with meetings not on their usual night but not the end of the world in most cases.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

23 minutes ago, JanAndersen said:

Which logically suggests we should have one league. Assuming it didn't reduce the number of meetings riders have which if done properly it wouldn't then i can't see an argument against it. Teams might have to cope with meetings not on their usual night but not the end of the world in most cases.

it suggests the opposite doesn't it?  i.e. where do another 35 riders come from?

Going back to 2019 double uppers were getting ave 28 PL and ave 26 CL matches (excl KOC and play offs). So an ave of 54 standard league matches. If there was one big league of 16 (although not all would be able to afford it) gives a rider an equivalent of 30 matches. That's almost half the chance to earn than before. Yes you could increase fixtures but would clubs want to change from c14 home meetings in 2019 to c27 home meetings give the riders the same amount of meetings?  Could they even? 

It's an impossible mess and a totally predictable one at that.   

• Like 7

Great signing but strange when they were loyal to McDonald who isn’t their asset yet show the door to a stalwart.  
however a new home track for Auty may give him a boost.  

13 hours ago, enotian said:

it suggests the opposite doesn't it?  i.e. where do another 35 riders come from?

Going back to 2019 double uppers were getting ave 28 PL and ave 26 CL matches (excl KOC and play offs). So an ave of 54 standard league matches. If there was one big league of 16 (although not all would be able to afford it) gives a rider an equivalent of 30 matches. That's almost half the chance to earn than before. Yes you could increase fixtures but would clubs want to change from c14 home meetings in 2019 to c27 home meetings give the riders the same amount of meetings?  Could they even? 

It's an impossible mess and a totally predictable one at that.   

Actually fair point. I didn’t really think that through! 

Interesting to see the full write up on the signing in the website and they said they had 3 big hitting no 1 options would love to know the others obviously one being Adam would guess another could be Bradley Wilson Dean and wonder who the other is ?! 

Luke Becker or Hans Andersen perhaps?

There will be a few people that think this is a bad move (cough Nanna June cough) but personally see this as a really positive move. Josh hasn't really been his usual self at home this season never mind away, and signing Adam we've finally got an out and out number 1, that's capable of scoring away as well as home.. I for one have to admit im quite pleased with the move...

We might get 26 points at Edinburgh on Friday now

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ScunnyDan said:

There will be a few people that think this is a bad move (cough Nanna June cough) but personally see this as a really positive move. Josh hasn't really been his usual self at home this season never mind away, and signing Adam we've finally got an out and out number 1, that's capable of scoring away as well as home.. I for one have to admit im quite pleased with the move...

We might get 26 points at Edinburgh on Friday now

I have said this previously but Josh is not a no1 but better at 5 after the track has started evolving. We now have a true no1 similar to 2018 but hope we do not suffer the same bad luck.  Edinburgh is a technical track but can we keep it tight with their big guns of Masters & Worrall but we are not using r/r or guest for a rider that seems to breakdown en route to Edinburgh.

Happy hunting guys & I would be happy to pick up a point(48-42)

6 hours ago, Ryan555 said:

Interesting to see the full write up on the signing in the website and they said they had 3 big hitting no 1 options would love to know the others obviously one being Adam would guess another could be Bradley Wilson Dean and wonder who the other is ?! 

I thought they already had 3 top heat leaders lol!

• Haha 1

On 6/20/2021 at 10:27 PM, JanAndersen said:

The problem with it is the rates of pay. In general the Premiership teams pay much higher points money, so the riders are bound to want to ride for these teams unless the championship teams (with one obvious exception) raise their rates. And that would kill them.