British Speedway Forum
Najjer

Polish Extraleague Signings 2022

1 hour ago, Najjer said:

Riders from the league below is a much more plausible idea to start the season with in my view, yes. Either that or run with their existing squads they have in place or sign up any other free agents.

Not for me- to replace a heat leader in Extraleague is nigh impossible- the clubs involved are hardly to blame so fairest outcome in my opinion would be RR - as long as they are in top 3 of the clubs averages( as existing rule for RR).

• Like 1

Can anyone tell me the latest on UK TV coverage of the Ekstraliga. Couldn't see anything on the Premier Sports website. 

On 3/11/2022 at 4:42 PM, racers and royals said:

Not for me- to replace a heat leader in Extraleague is nigh impossible- the clubs involved are hardly to blame so fairest outcome in my opinion would be RR - as long as they are in top 3 of the clubs averages( as existing rule for RR).

The Poles knew i was talking sense  :)

Rider replacement for Russian riders.
No guest riders allowed in PGE Ekstraliga.

On 3/12/2022 at 4:56 AM, Coltsareus said:

Can anyone tell me the latest on UK TV coverage of the Ekstraliga. Couldn't see anything on the Premier Sports website. 

I had an email from Premier, offering a discount, and also saying they are covering Swedish and Polish speedway.

10 hours ago, racers and royals said:

The Poles knew i was talking sense  :)

Rider replacement for Russian riders.
No guest riders allowed in PGE Ekstraliga.

Just Lucky Losers :D

Just wondering....Have Russians actually been banned from any other sports leagues? 

As far as I have seen, they continue to play in the likes of Football and Ice Hockey teams, even in Poland.

1 hour ago, HenryW said:

Just wondering....Have Russians actually been banned from any other sports leagues? 

As far as I have seen, they continue to play in the likes of Football and Ice Hockey teams, even in Poland.

There seems to be plenty of sports that are letting Russians compete under a neutral flag.

Edited by eric i

I can completely understand why they've gone with R/R but personally I feel short changed by seeing one (or even worse two!) fewer riders than the full fourteen, and this is likely to be all season. There is no ideal solution unfortunately.

On 3/16/2022 at 1:28 AM, eric i said:

There seems to be plenty of sports that are letting Russians compete under a neutral flag.

And they should be holding their heads in shame!!!!. As Peaky blinders would say....red right hands

I hope that following Grigory Laguta`s article  in sportowefakty he has ended his speedway career outside Russia & that NO club touches him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, steve69 said:

I hope that following Grigory Laguta`s article  in sportowefakty he has ended his speedway career outside Russia & that NO club touches him.

Why? Please explain what was in this article

14 minutes ago, Bavarian said:

Why? Please explain what was in this article

He basically stated that he believed what was shown on Russian TV, that it was more accurate than the propaganda shown on Western TV, implying that he agreed with the current Russian military operations in Ukraine.

He also talked about the Russians being killed in Donbas for the last 8 years by Ukraine and how no sanctions were imposed and no sportsmen were stopped from competing during that time.

• Like 2