British Speedway Forum
jbell1995

Plymouth Gladiators 2022

50 minutes ago, Najjer said:

Great news for all at Plymouth that Kennett can continue in the side.

The other signing seems to have hit snagging problems in that he is already riding over here in the Premiership aswell as abroad and was veto‘d on that reason. Seems crazy when there is a rider shortage as there is without blocking teams further.

Not to worry for Plymouth fans, as on the face of it they have a fantastic team, especially around their home track. 

Only one I can think of is Blodorn..? If it was him, it is a shame not to see him ride in the Champ. 

25 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Only one I can think of is Blodorn..? If it was him, it is a shame not to see him ride in the Champ. 

Becker?

Just to play devil's advocate, if it's a rider who was excluded from signing for the 10 other championship clubs due to riding Polish 1st div and say Denmark and the prem then I see where the ruling is coming from tbh. It can't be right that because a club has an issue with a rider they can get a bigger pool of riders to choose from to replace that rider

2 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Becker?

That would make sense I guess with Plymouth being a small track and others saying issues with Polish authorities. 

1 hour ago, Jonnybegood said:

I as far as I am aware it was a problem with the polish authorities not the British ones . 

Mark Philips has clarified and confirmed that in the S.Star today.

• Haha 2

Should be the same for all and the possibilities Plymouth explored didn't come to fruition. It shows just how much Poland pay riders when they'd rather travel there every week, sign as part of a 'squad' and not necessarily ride rather than stay fairly local and probably score a lot of points.

Anyway that being said, Kennett is generally good at Plymouth and while I still think his average is way higher than it is likely to end up, hopefully he can score some decent points.

20 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

perhaps maybe we are in the wrong league then :drink:.sorry could not resist that :drink:

27 minutes ago, proud panther said:

Let's hope this isn't a case of Kennet riding a couple of matches & retiring, to give Plymouth a facility for him.

that may be the scenario though .guest or r/r just maybe a better option :t:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, proud panther said:

Let's hope this isn't a case of Kennet riding a couple of matches & retiring, to give Plymouth a facility for him.

If they were stopped from signing someone because of Poland, and no other immediate options who would blame them. Don't think a certain neighbour up the coast and countless other teams would have given it a second thought not to do the same.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, gazzac said:

If they were stopped from signing someone because of Poland, and no other immediate options who would blame them. Don't think a certain neighbour up the coast and countless other teams would have given it a second thought not to do the same.

Indeed...

If the rules allow it then fair play...

"When in Rome" and all that..

Blame the game, not the player.. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, mikebv said:

Indeed...

If the rules allow it then fair play...

"When in Rome" and all that..

Blame the game, not the player.. 

Hope no ones playing the fiddle when in Rome ? ( one for the historians....)

• Like 2