British Speedway Forum
SharpenRake

Edinburgh v Glasgow - Friday/Saturday - 15/16 October

4 minutes ago, JanAndersen said:

Are bridges burned with Stewart Dickson?

Send for Ian steel

• Like 1

Must say the poles first lap of Armadale was interesting. Don’t think he actually got the bike sideways. Did improve sort of as the night went on. 

Just now, Mr Blobby said:

Must say the poles first lap of Armadale was interesting. Don’t think he actually got the bike sideways. Did improve sort of as the night went on. 

Was predicted to be fair.

1 minute ago, Gazc said:

And  going by our manager’s comments on the website he just doesn’t get it.

To be fair though he does tell some home truths too little too late though.

He always strikes me as just a little bit daft

Just now, JanAndersen said:

He wants to be the riders pals how it always struck me. Was always same as the pickup driver

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JanAndersen said:

Your being kind you can’t question his enthusiasm but you need more that that.

Having some sort of tactical nous would be a start.

• Like 1

Excellent performance from the Monarchs tonight and I thought the racing was pretty good too, as well as the close score on aggregate adding to the excitement. I think there were quite a few passes after the second bend that were not down to mistakes (Worrall on Wells heat 4, Cook on Pickering heat 5, Masters on Brennan heat 10, Worrall and Masters on Wells heat 13).

Very impressed by Tom Brennan on his first appearance at the track. I thought he and Cookie were going to rescue the Tigers in heat 15 but Sam and Richie were very determined.

2 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

He wants to be the riders pals how it always struck me. Was always same as the pickup driver

Or the punter at a lap dancing club with the most money.

A girls best friend.

• Haha 3

32 minutes ago, SharpenRake said:

I wasn't there tonight nor bought the stream so can't comment on the performance of individual riders but I always take the view you win as a team and lose as a team. Can't help wonder whether our enforced wait didn't help us. Firstly if the quarter final had been completed when it should we wouldn't have been up against kemp, Rowe and Edwards. Also our guys were possibly not as sharp as they had been due to lack of racing. I watched the monarchs official updates, BSF updates and comments on the supporters Facebook page and was amazed at how the same incident was reported differently. I always thought things would be tight and wonder if Broc being excluded at Ashfield resulting in a 4-2, and possibly a 5-1 if he'd been patient, turning into a 3-3 was a key moment. Now do we hope that the team now know what to expect and get there set ups sorted tomorrow or do we hope the weather does us a favour? 

No need for excuses regarding Teams,that was not the Tigers team at  that point either ,that’s Speedway.

• Like 1

Monarchs will feel confident that they can see off the Tigers in the Play off,with that performance.If Flint matches Brennan’s score he will probably be aTiger next season;):P

Looks like the money team can't buy a trophy, hope the luck continues in the league semi final :D all I can say is h18tory up the comets :party:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Neila said:

Looks like the money team can't buy a trophy, hope the luck continues in the league semi final :D all I can say is h18tory up the comets :party:

God its really really really a shame Workington had to close down and sensible considerate intelligent fans have been lost to the sport and this Forum. On the other hand........ 

• Like 2

and the rest is H18TORY  .

hoping for more of the same tomorrow .

i can see a totally new team @Glasgow in 2022 .

good god , look at the time .

7 hours ago, Gazc said:

Yeah your lot were head and shoulders above us  tonight no complaints.

I really expected more from Wells but not entirely surprising given how inconsistent he has been.

Without Tom I fear a drubbing but I am more hopeful at the 3pm sporting event.

Wells was poor in 2019 when it was an open secret he was off to Glasgow next season. It was assumed that explained his poor form, looks like he's just on the way out. For a team with the "resources" of the Tigers Wells was an odd signing given hoe poor he started 2019.

6 hours ago, JanAndersen said:

When the chips are down you need character and bottle. Glasgow often assemble a decent team but i wouldn't want to depend on guys like Wells in a must win heat. I always thought the same about Riss and Wolbert to an extent too. Riders like Cook, Masters and Worrall are just class in pressure situations at this level - they have a cool head when it matters and know what is needed. 

Wells was always poor in the money heats while at Edinburgh, if it wasn't so well known he was Glasgow bound in 2020 most people doubted he was back as a Monarch. but yes Cook Masters are the types you want when the money is on the line.