Jump to content
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Steve Shovlar

Pop up advertising on this site.

Recommended Posts

A real pain. Anyone else getting these pop ups? Or have I done something to enable advertising pop ups on speedway-forum? 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

A real pain. Anyone else getting these pop ups? Or have I done something to enable advertising pop ups on speedway-forum? 

Think it’s about Phil trying to make a living. If that’s what’s needed we might just have to put up with it.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I did get one yesterday, but nothing since, internet generally has been a bit flakey recently... I blame Matt Ford :lol:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

A real pain. Anyone else getting these pop ups? Or have I done something to enable advertising pop ups on speedway-forum? 

They have appeared on mine too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can I suggest for those who don't have it that they try A B P( Adblock plus),

When i log into the BSF i get a notification that it is blocking 2 ads , & when i open this topic it moves to 3 blocked .

Seems to work fine for me.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On a laptop, no issues. On my phone, it's constant. Thankfully easy ad's to remove, you're not struggling to find the right 'X' etc.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

A real pain. Anyone else getting these pop ups? Or have I done something to enable advertising pop ups on speedway-forum? 

It’s as bad as the constant spam on the Covid thread, nothing is done about that so don’t expect anything to be done about the ads.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wouldn't mind but they look so amateurish and dodgy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, ch958 said:

I wouldn't mind but they look so amateurish and dodgy

Perfect for British speedway then :rofl:

Someone must have got their algorithms right. 

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Diamondboy said:

It’s as bad as the constant spam on the Covid thread, nothing is done about that so don’t expect anything to be done about the ads.

Agree 100% :t:

p.s. the pop up ads on here are a right royal pain in the derriere though! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To be honest the ads can be a welcome diversion to some of the posts!!:rofl::nono:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Wee Eck said:

Perfect for British speedway then :rofl:

Someone must have got their algorithms right. 

We will have "guest ads" next week...

And AR when one doesnt pop up due to an IT issue...... :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/14/2021 at 9:27 AM, Dave Jones said:

Can I suggest for those who don't have it that they try A B P( Adblock plus),

When i log into the BSF i get a notification that it is blocking 2 ads , & when i open this topic it moves to 3 blocked .

Seems to work fine for me.

I've done the same and have no problems.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy