British Speedway Forum

Certainly hope there's no rule change this late in the day. Totally unfair on the rest of the league. 

Any big rule changes now shouldn't come in to effect until 2023

• Like 1

5 hours ago, PhilTheAce said:

Could be another few weeks. ..there's alot of stuff happening behind the scenes in what could be a massive boost for British speedway. 

And in what could see an influx of riders returning to British shores. 

All because of Mark lemon and Adrian Smith. 

Any indication of what these potential changes involve? 
Appreciate that you might not be able to go into specifics.

2 hours ago, hyderd said:

By who.???????????

Belle Vue of course. 

Edited by TTT

1 hour ago, PhilTheAce said:

I never mentioned rules in the post, no rules will be changed in British speedway. Dont worry. 

Reading between the lines someone thinks that Poland will not be allowed to restrict what leagues riders under contract to them can ride in outside Poland. However if This is passed i can not see anything changing as Poland have all the muscle over the riders.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, prodons said:

The only way I can see to get more riders in GB without rule changes is for the poles to accept the removal of the two teams only rule

Edited by KIRKYLANE
Spelling

3 hours ago, KIRKYLANE said:

The only way I can see to get more riders in GB without rule changes is for the poles to accept the removal of the two teams only rule

Or is it more to do with Sweden as opposed to Poland?

3 hours ago, racers and royals said:

Reading between the lines someone thinks that Poland will not be allowed to restrict what leagues riders under contract to them can ride in outside Poland. However if This is passed i can not see anything changing as Poland have all the muscle over the riders.  

Personally, I think that would be a backward step for speedway.
I think the sport needs to move towards a more professional approach where riders are with ONE club only, but I know that very few in the UK agree with me on that.

• Like 2

On 2/4/2022 at 5:15 PM, phillipsr said:

Agree and actually think Holder is now ahead of Doyle and definitely Fricke as well, Sheffield look much better than anyone else ta the moment 

Really? Holder is pretty one dimensional. Fricke has qualified for GP's, won GP's, Holder hasn't.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, prodons said:

Some form of squad system coming into play & not the doubling up model we currently have.

8 hours ago, HenryW said:

Personally, I think that would be a backward step for speedway.
I think the sport needs to move towards a more professional approach where riders are with ONE club only, but I know that very few in the UK agree with me on that.

Totally agree the sport needs to move towards one rider one club. That would allow for some form of European club championship to be set up.

To allow that to happen then a massive drive on rider development is needed not only here but thought out all the current speedway nations.

My other thought which I think has been over looked is the part & influence the new rights holder of the world championship will have.

They are certainly looking to grow the sport not only in its current marketplaces but also outside of these. They need strong & professional domestic set ups for that to happen. Currently not too many of those around.

Any thing that moves all league speedway towards the Polish model has got to be a good thing!!

• Sad 1

Not enough money in UK speedway for the 1 rider 1 club rule, except at grass roots level.

As much as 1 club rider's sound good it's unsustainable. Even Sweden & Poland allow doubling up/down to an extent.

All we should do here is stop double for rider's that have teams abroad. 

• Like 1

On 2/6/2022 at 12:58 AM, Col said:

Really? Holder is pretty one dimensional. Fricke has qualified for GP's, won GP's, Holder hasn't.

I think its pretty close but think id rather have Holder over Fricke, much of a muchness though 

3 hours ago, phillipsr said:

I think its pretty close but think id rather have Holder over Fricke, much of a muchness though 

Fricke over Holder for me,more talented IMO.

• Like 1