British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Glasgow v Poole/Poole v Glasgow. Playoff Final 2/4th Nov 2021.

6 minutes ago, jenga said:

wots up with glasgows  leg , has he broke it ?

if we can't race at Ashfield cos of the weather perhaps we could have tried Workington but then remembered Workington's Toy8tory

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, SharpenRake said:

if we can't race at Ashfield cos of the weather perhaps we could have tried Workington but then remembered Workington's Toy8tory

ah C where ya cumming fra .

7 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

It will take a weather miracle to get aspeedway meeting at Glasgow this week.IMO.

Happy to call the season then as per final league standings :)

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Pirates Of Poole said:

Most fans feel the same,how many years will we have suffer the same old sh#t.They need to get a grip and put serious deadlines for matches in Competitions to be play or award the match.It’s getting beyond a joke.Also how can they expect fans to fork out money for 2-3 matches in a week just to complete.Utter shambles IMO.

• Like 7

Most fans feel the same,how many years will we have suffer the same old sh#t.

The answer is as long as you keep on paying up to go and watch the same of sh#t. If fans stopped turning up after the end of September to watch - they wouldnt run the meetings ! 

1 minute ago, old bob at herne bay said:

Most fans feel the same,how many years will we have suffer the same old sh#t.

The answer is as long as you keep on paying up to go and watch the same of sh#t. If fans stopped turning up after the end of September to watch - they wouldnt run the meetings ! 

Let’s have some sensible solution.:rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Pirates Of Poole said:

Better off giving it to Eastbourne as a parting gift :rolleyes:

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, gazzac said:

Got to Canford and thought better of it and turned back I expect?

Ha, no need for me to head into Dorset to go to Glasgow when I don't even live in that county!!

2 hours ago, jenga said:

wots up with glasgows  leg , has he broke it ?

Lol! I meant if Glasgow rode their home meeting and Poole didn't get theirs done in time, they might just say Glasgow won the playoffs.

2 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Lol! I meant if Glasgow rode their home meeting and Poole didn't get theirs done in time, they might just say Glasgow won the playoffs.

I'm 99% sure that contingency plans are underway for Poole to run their 2nd leg if Friday proves impossible!

Of course if Glasgow's leg is postponed again on Thursday then that could be rearranged for Sunday at Ashfield.

6 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

I'm 99% sure that contingency plans are underway for Poole to run their 2nd leg if Friday proves impossible!

Of course if Glasgow's leg is postponed again on Thursday then that could be rearranged for Sunday at Ashfield.

BBC forecast for Thursday in Glasgow was rain all day. If they move it to Sunday, which is showing dry, then Poole next Monday, also forecast dry, could be a go-er, albeit we head into November.

Forecast in the news there for Thursday looks like Glasgow will miss the rain. Just depends if can get it raceable after the deluge of today and forecast for tomorrow

4 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Forecast in the news there for Thursday looks like Glasgow will miss the rain. Just depends if can get it raceable after the deluge of today and forecast for tomorrow

What are the track staff like? Are they generally good? I think they would have looked at the forecast before saying Thursday? So am assuming they think they have a good chance of getting it on?