British Speedway Forum
Marksman

Championship Streaming Channel

I have found the BSN a refreshing change of air compared to what I had been used to when I used to folk out loads of cable TV, it’s been throughly good value for money this season.

• Like 1

As I was away from home for the 21.08.22 meeting between Redcar vs Glasgow I settled in to watch it upon my return - was I really the only one who had to turn off due to the what I thought atrocious commentary? Dear oh dear - no repeat please........

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, kitten2502 said:

As I was away from home for the 21.08.22 meeting between Redcar vs Glasgow I settled in to watch it upon my return - was I really the only one who had to turn off due to the what I thought atrocious commentary? Dear oh dear - no repeat please........

See the match thread :drink:

27 minutes ago, iainb said:

See the match thread :drink:

Thanks - glad it wasn't just me. Sadly seems like I missed a good meeting, but there is no way I could go back and watch any more - absolutely shocking. 

That stream aside, the coverage has been very decent since the early season issues. Adam Roynon has been a great find recently too.

It definitely lacks a few polishes around the edges but they've got the basics right and they do some of them better than Eurosport.

Eurosport really struggle with transitions and the camera work can be quite shoddy, BSN do both better.

They also make use of their main presenter mid-stream... it often feels like Eurosport send Abi home during the racing!

I'd definitely re-subscribe to BSN next year if they offer the service again. £20pm is good value for what they're providing.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Noelinho said:

That stream aside, the coverage has been very decent since the early season issues. Adam Roynon has been a great find recently too.

It definitely lacks a few polishes around the edges but they've got the basics right and they do some of them better than Eurosport.

Eurosport really struggle with transitions and the camera work can be quite shoddy, BSN do both better.

They also make use of their main presenter mid-stream... it often feels like Eurosport send Abi home during the racing!

I'd definitely re-subscribe to BSN next year if they offer the service again. £20pm is good value for what they're providing.

I  agree with the above, I think Lee Kilby would be a good addition to the Eurosport presenting  team.

Have BSN added the NDL play off matches, Oxford v Leicester was advertised last night but couldn't actually watch the racing 

1 hour ago, kevin bass said:

Have BSN added the NDL play off matches, Oxford v Leicester was advertised last night but couldn't actually watch the racing 

It was pay per view.

5 hours ago, Triple.H. said:

It was pay per view.

Just noticed that;)i might splash out on the Berwick meeting Saturday weather permitting 

On 8/31/2022 at 3:39 PM, Noelinho said:

I've watched a couple of BSN matches, and I agree that they do a better job than Eurosport.

Eurosport seem to base their presenters on how good they were as riders, but I think Adam Roynon is the best rider/presenter/commentator I've heard. He also works well with Dave Rowe as a kind of counter-balance to Dave's full-on delivery.

We also don't get long, lingering shots of tractors going round or wide shots of quiet stadiums - of which we get too much of on Eurosport. I hate to say it, but Eurosport coverage often makes speedway look boring. They could learn a lot from BSN.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Grachan said:

I've watched a couple of BSN matches, and I agree that they do a better job than Eurosport.

Eurosport seem to base their presenters on how good they were as riders, but I think Adam Roynon is the best rider/presenter/commentator I've heard. He also works well with Dave Rowe as a kind of counter-balance to Dave's full-on delivery.

We also don't get long, lingering shots of tractors going round or wide shots of quiet stadiums - of which we get too much of on Eurosport. I hate to say it, but Eurosport coverage often makes speedway look boring. They could learn a lot from BSN.

On Thursday on Eurosport we were staring at someone pondering a pie when the starting tapes went up - and that's a regular occurrence! There was also the time the cameraman stood over the tapes...

I do think the combo of Kelvin Tatum and Chris Louis works quite well, but Kelvin's not a natural at filler and it's just really odd they have a good presenter on site, who isn't a speedway novice, and they just don't seem to want to use her for much.

When BT showed speedway, and you had Nigel and Kelvin doing the commentary, with good filler from Abi/Charlie/Natalie/Kiri and usually Scott Nicholls, and that was much more natural. BSN definitely manage that better, even if the acoustics arent always fantastic.

The weirdest thing about the Eurosport coverage is they provide a subscriber stream with no ads, but half the time they just leave it panning the track, so they may as well just show the ads instead! The production just looks really barebones and under resourced - and maybe it is.

• Like 3

On 10/7/2022 at 10:51 AM, Grachan said:

I agree about Adam Roynon but despite my BSN Season pass, I seem to have missed him with Dave Rowe?!

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

I agree about Adam Roynon but despite my BSN Season pass, I seem to have missed him with Dave Rowe?!

I've only watched a couple of meetings on there, so I assumed they were a more regular pairing.

Just looked and it was the Championship League Riders Championship - 24/8/22.

Doesn’t matter how long a meeting goes for, BSN always fills the time, there is dead air at all, always something going on, and is very informative.

In all the years SKY/BTsport etc have been around, they never once in my memory have interviewed a ref, BSN ticked that box first season.

The track walks are so much better than Kelvin sticking a screw driver into the track (nothing against Kelvin I should add)

• Like 1

Eurosport continually show their contempt for viewers by employing Sam Ermolenko … any company who cannot see how crap he is are not taking the sport or its presentation seriously.

Edited by Grand Central
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1