British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mike0310

Plymouth v Leicester

16 minutes ago, justathought said:

Personally. I don't see many teams winning at Plymouth this year.

Leicester was never going to beat them, It's a very difficult track to get dialled into,  Anderson said it was the 3rd time he had ever been to the place and he was only just getting the set up right.  Two away defeats aren't the end of the world with the visit to Redcar giving us more of an accurate picture. 

I think it's a bit premature to write Leicester off just yet. Things change in Speedway pretty quickly. 

I don't think it's just about losing. It's how much they are losing by!!

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, iainb said:

If Andersen had only been there 3 times and dropped 1 point to the opposition... what excuse do our top 3 have who have been there loads of times and could only win 1 race between them?

I agree we should have done much better, but it's not the end of the world. There is time for things to turn around yet.

See how many Plymouth score when they come to Leicester. 

I know where the problems are in the Leicester team and I'm sure the team manager does as well. 

1 hour ago, justathought said:

I agree we should have done much better, but it's not the end of the world. There is time for things to turn around yet.

See how many Plymouth score when they come to Leicester. 

I know where the problems are in the Leicester team and I'm sure the team manager does as well. 

The Lion's have now completed a quarter of their league fixtures so they better start to improve their away form pretty soon. Redcar on Friday would be a good place to start!

• Like 1

My views on Leicester were they swapped Douglas, Andersen and Kennedy for Richie, mountain and Rowe. Imo a weaker side that finished last season and that team were soundly beaten in play offs. Did make me wonder why so many people's favourites for league. I think they're on a par with teams like Plymouth, will win most/ all at home but struggle a bit away

• Like 2

I'll be very interested to see the scores on Saturday Leicester v Glasgow.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

I'll be very interested to see the scores on Saturday Leicester v Glasgow.

Not a track we usually go well on, bite your hand off for a point

• Like 1

4 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

I don't think it's just about losing. It's how much they are losing by!!

Seems to be the norm at the moment, big away losses/ big home wins. Always thought a team that loses no more than 50/40 away always has a chance over 2 legs, lose 60/30 away and 99% of the time its game over. Don't think Poole and Glasgow will have any 60/30 losses this season, but probably be the only 2.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Yearbyred said:

Pretty sure Leicester will score well at Redcar on Friday. 

If recent performances at Redcar, are anything to go by, the lions must be at least good for a point, maybe more. Redcar's bottom 4, need to score at least 15 points, between them, to bring about a win.

Edited by sidewinder
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, sidewinder said:

If recent performances at Redcar, are anything to go by, the lions must be at least good for a point, maybe more. Redcar's bottom 4, need to score at least 15 points, between them, to bring about a win.

It's no good going on recent performances. Lion's won at Scunthorpe and Plymouth last season!

47 minutes ago, Happy Hunter said:

It's no good going on recent performances. Lion's won at Scunthorpe and Plymouth last season!

Quite right. It’s not as if both teams will have the same riders as last season is it? Recent performances against other teams mean nothing, particularly in this sport, where team changes are made throughout the season.

4 hours ago, Happy Hunter said:

I actually meant, Lions recent performances, at Redcar (over the last 2 seasons).

On 4/19/2022 at 9:15 PM, Jaizer said:

Twins and Rowe surely did what was expected tonight? Top 4 that let you down IMO

The whole team performed below what is expected. 
Twins & Rowe 12 points  from 13 rides meant the “top four” (who apart from RW were pathetic) needed to score 33 points to get a draw.
No excuses & no hiding place very poor performance and SD will no doubt react accordingly, even if behind closed doors. 

I wonder if team spirit is lower than last season? As we know Morris and Dougy are really good friends, Hans is also a good team man to have. Sometimes a really good team spirit can pull you through away meetings. Watching the Plymouth stream they seemed to be doing their own thing?

Edited by lisa-colette

54 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

I wonder if team spirit is lower than last season? As we know Morris and Dougy are really good friends, Hans is also a good team man to have. Sometimes a really good team spirit can pull you through away meetings. Watching the Plymouth stream they seemed to be doing their own thing?

I think you have hit the nail on the head,looking in the pits Leicester had no togetherness just seemed like 7 individuals, not even watching races and changing track conditions just sat in the pits on their mobile phones.  Only Worrall and howarth offered any resistance imo.

• Like 1