British Speedway Forum
Jaizer

Glasgow Vs Edinburgh 01st May 6pm

11 hours ago, Fenway Bleachers said:

There is an historical reason for some not to come. Travel and traffic in Glasgow not easy after events at Parkhead earlier, plus golf on the beautiful Solway Coast too tempting. 
Pleased with the point, Sam back on his own bike after playing around with the Lawson mobile on Friday. 

The football was finished by 2.00pm.Don’t think traffic would have an effect on a6.00pm start.

More like the historical reason for most.

• Like 1

I see messrs basso and Brennan missing next week against Plymouth. They're not going to be easy to replace with guests

3 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

I see messrs basso and Brennan missing next week against Plymouth. They're not going to be easy to replace with guests

Think young Mr Thomson rode his way into an extra payday yesterday 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Mr Blobby said:

Didn’t quite go as thought. Actually quite disappointed we didn’t come away with the win in the end.
Sam was untouchable was in a different class today. Backed up well by josh and good to see kye doing what he’s capable of. Paco done okay, lasse was unlucky, tapes exclusion in his first which didn’t even look like he got close to them in the first place and then a fall in his second after having no where to go really after basso went a bit on him just before the 3rd bend, but that’s racing. Jacob if the kid could gate would double his scores no bother as has the speed. She no sarj as probably would’ve came away with the win as Willie was useless. 

Yeah and everybody knows what Willie is like. Hope that’s the last time he is in a Monarchs team. Says it all when he comes out on young Jacob’s bike. Pity there was no one else to replace James.

Beaten fair and square by Tigers on Friday. I hold my hand up and say I was one who wrote our team off, so well done boys.

Feel the home league fixture came too soon against a team the caliber of Glasgow. Great strength in depth with riders who can ride Armadale. Basso seems box office. The new Nicki P? Good rider who will divide opinion.

Best wished to Sarj and his family. Haste ye back.

14 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Are they both riding abroad? Probably the two you don’t want missing!

1 minute ago, JanAndersen said:

Are they both riding abroad? Probably the two you don’t want missing!

I assume it's the sgp2 qualifiers. Yeah they're the 2 riding over their averages 

23 minutes ago, Endeavour said:

Yeah and everybody knows what Willie is like. Hope that’s the last time he is in a Monarchs team. Says it all when he comes out on young Jacob’s bike. 

Whilst I've some sympathy with you on this, Willie did a good job, when on Jacob's bike, of delaying the progress of Basso and Bailey in their chase of Kye, in heat 14, allowing him to pull away.

Edited by edmon
  • Sad 1

I don't suppose this match was filmed by anyone was it?

Broc Nicol’s form must be a matter of concern for Tigers,he seems to have lost the plot.

• Like 1

Just now, Fromafar said:

Broc Nicol’s form must be a matter of concern for Tigers,he seems to have lost the plot.

Massively. Thought dropping to reserve would see return to form yesterday, not even close. Can't imagine he'll be given much more time to get it right, feels a bit like sedgeman last year

10 minutes ago, Al Stewart said:

I don't suppose this match was filmed by anyone was it?

There looked to be someone on a gantry filming from the first bend .. He was a bit obvious from up there to be someone doing it unofficially 

43 minutes ago, Paulco said:

There looked to be someone on a gantry filming from the first bend .. He was a bit obvious from up there to be someone doing it unofficially 

That's very interesting, I'd love to get it. Any assistance in identifying the recorders gratefully received.

51 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Massively. Thought dropping to reserve would see return to form yesterday, not even close. Can't imagine he'll be given much more time to get it right, feels a bit like sedgeman last year

I'd have him at Poole in a shot. He rides the place like a no1!!

1 hour ago, Jaizer said:

Lets be honest would be madness to drop Broc , yes he is not performing at the minute but I have no doubt that whatever the reason to his dip it will be resolved sooner rather than later.

• Like 3