British Speedway Forum
racers and royals

SON 2022 27th-30th July Vojens Denmark live on TV

You would have thought that a few local sponsors had got involved, and are now a bit miffed. Certainly Vojens have little or no time in getting many other than those already involved at the club and maybe some of those that Esbjerg managed to get. Another favour done for the FIM again

Maybe it’s all a smokescreen and Vojens was always the preferred option of DMU? As they’ve got a GP there already, they were unlikely to get the SON at the same venue unless something went wrong. 
Or maybe they heard Arnie’s Army were headed to Esbjerg and felt the need to defend themselves?

Don’t I just love a conspiracy?!

Is it right that Esbjerg are so far keeping the ticket money, so if you want to go to Vojens you have to pay all over again and then hope that you can get a refund from Esbjerg ? Or can you just use the Esbjerg tickets for Vojens, which would seem the rational solution

2022 FIM SPEEDWAY OF NATIONS SQUADS:

FINAL STARTING LINE-UPS TO BE CONFIRMED SIX DAYS BEFORE RACING FOR THE SEMI-FINALS AND ONE DAY BEFORE RACING FOR THE FINAL

DENMARK: Leon Madsen, Mikkel Michelsen, Anders Thomsen, Rasmus Jensen, Frederik Jakobsen. Team Manager: Hans Nielsen

GREAT BRITAIN: Tai Woffinden, Robert Lambert, Dan Bewley, Adam Ellis, Tom Brennan. Team Managers: Oliver Allen and Simon Stead

POLAND: Bartosz Zmarzlik, Maciej Janowski, Patryk Dudek, Janusz Kolodziej, Dominik Kubera. Team Manager: Rafal Dobrucki

AUSTRALIA: Jason Doyle, Max Fricke, Chris Holder, Jack Holder, Brady Kurtz. Team Manager: Mark Lemon

FRANCE: David Bellego, Dimitri Berge, Mathieu Tressarieu. Team Manager: Laurent Sambarrey

LATVIA: Andzejs Lebedevs, Jevgenijs Kostigovs, Olegs Mihailovs, Francis Gusts, Daniils Kolodinskis. Team Manager: Vladimirs Ribnikovs.

SWEDEN: Fredrik Lindgren, Oliver Berntzon, Jacob Thorssell, Pontus Aspgren, Kim Nilsson. Team Manager: Morgan Andersson

USA: Luke Becker, Broc Nicol, Ricky Wells, Dillon Ruml, Max Ruml. Team Manager: Steve Evans

GERMANY: Kai Huckenbeck, Erik Riss, Norick Blodorn, Michael Hartel, Valentin Grobauer. Team Manager: Herbert Rudolph

SLOVAKIA: Martin Vaculik, Jakub Valkovic, Patrik Buri. Team Manager: Jakub Zliechovec.

UKRAINE: Oleksandr Loktaev, Andriy Karpov, Marko Levishyn, Vitalii Lysak, Stanislav Melnychuk. Team Manager: TBC

CZECH REPUBLIC: Vaclav Milik, Jan Kvech, Petr Chlupac, Daniel Klima, Eduard Krcmar. Team Manager: Zdenek Schneiderwind.

FINLAND: Timo Lahti, Timi Salonen, Jesse Mustonen, Antti Vuolas, Niklas Sayrio. Team Manager: Peter Jansson.

SLOVENIA: Matic Ivacic, Nick Skorja, Anze Grmek. Team Manager: Gregor Arnsek.

ITALY: Nicolas Covatti, Paco Castagna, Daniele Tessari. Team Manager: Alessandro Dalla Valle.

4 hours ago, iris123 said:

Is it right that Esbjerg are so far keeping the ticket money, so if you want to go to Vojens you have to pay all over again and then hope that you can get a refund from Esbjerg ? Or can you just use the Esbjerg tickets for Vojens, which would seem the rational solution

That can't be true surely? It's a Discovery Sports event they'll have to sort it out with Esbjerg 

14 minutes ago, noaksey said:

That can't be true surely? It's a Discovery Sports event they'll have to sort it out with Esbjerg 

Just something i saw being discussed on FB and talk of having to get a lawyer...... i hope someone has got the wrong message though

No U21 reserves this year?

13 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

Keep up ! SON 2 on Friday night for 7 nations U21

So that's a no then :)

Good news IMO. Any reserves at all?

EDIT just seen its three man raceday squads.

Edited by Bagpuss

3 hours ago, iris123 said:

Just something i saw being discussed on FB and talk of having to get a lawyer...... i hope someone has got the wrong message though

From what I gather the ESBJERG SON COMPANY is a seperate Ltd company. I doubt very very much that Vojens will or will feel obligate to accepting another Companies tickets, especially when the problem is not theirs...ist like buying a cooker from one company..they go wiz.and then expecting another company to give you a cooker..Esbjerg I am told have no dough....as expected ticket ales were nowhere near expectations...anyone with Speedway knowledge would have told you that the whole package would not attract large audiences. Poles do not travel in numbers to support their National Team. 

7 minutes ago, spiegal said:

From what I gather the ESBJERG SON COMPANY is a seperate Ltd company. I doubt very very much that Vojens will or will feel obligate to accepting another Companies tickets, especially when the problem is not theirs...ist like buying a cooker from one company..they go wiz.and then expecting another company to give you a cooker..Esbjerg I am told have no dough....as expected ticket ales were nowhere near expectations...anyone with Speedway knowledge would have told you that the whole package would not attract large audiences. Poles do not travel in numbers to support their National Team. 

I hear what you are saying, but disagree in a way

It is like buying a car from a firm who gives the car to another firm and tells me i have to buy it all over again. It is the same car, just as it is the same meeting(s)

Just seen that Esbjerg have announced that tickets can now be used for Vojens after talks between Esbjerg and Jesper Olsen

Sensible at last

45 minutes ago, iris123 said:

Just seen that Esbjerg have announced that tickets can now be used for Vojens after talks between Esbjerg and Jesper Olsen

Sensible at last

Thanks for alerting me to that.

PS Just checked e-mail from billetlugen sent 9.42 this morning (in English!)

Edited by arnieg
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, arnieg said:

Thanks for alerting me to that.

SON TICKETS ALSO APPLY IN VOJENS
The many speedway fans who via billetlugen.dk have bought tickets for Speedway of Nations at Granly Arena in Esbjerg can now breathe a sigh of relief. Their tickets are also valid for Vojens Speedway Center from 27 to 30 July, when Speedway of Nations will be held instead of Esbjerg.
The solution comes after a close collaboration between Mads Koelbæk from Esbjerg Motorsport and Jacob Olsen from Vojens Speedway Center, where legal assistance has also paved the way, following the situation where Esbjerg Motorsport had to give up implementing Speedway of Nations.
The agreement also states that the Esbjerg tickets cannot be refunded or exchanged. They apply solely as a grandstand or standing room at Vojens Speedway Center in the days during the Speedway of Nations.
Fans who have bought a VIP ticket to Esbjerg must contact Esbjerg Motorsport, but the purchased VIP tickets can also be used at Vojens Speedway Center as a standing room or grandstand.
There will be no VIP facilities in Vojens.
- We are happy that the many fans are not left in a difficult situation, and we are pleased that this international event will be held on Danish soil, says Mads Koelbæk and Jacob Olsen in agreement.

WC TICKETS ALSO APPLY IN VOJENS The many speedway fans who via billetlugen.dk have bought tickets for Speedway of Nations at Granly Arena in Esbjerg can now breathe a sigh of relief. Their tickets are also valid for Vojens Speedway Center from 27 to 30 July, when Speedway of Nations will be held, instead of Esbjerg. This means that the tickets purchased for Esbjerg can be used to gain access in Vojens. The solution comes after a close collaboration between Mads Kølbæk from Esbjerg Motorsport and Jacob Olsen from Vojens Speedway Center, after the situation where Esbjerg Motorsport had to give up implementing Speedway of Nations. The agreement also states that the Esbjerg tickets cannot be refunded or exchanged. They apply solely as grandstand or standing places at Vojens Speedway Center in the days during the Speedway of Nations. Fans who have bought a VIP package for Esbjerg must contact Esbjerg Motorsport, but the tickets included in the VIP package can also be used at Vojens Speedway Center as a standing room or grandstand. There will be no similar VIP facilities in Vojens. - We are happy that the many fans are not left in a difficult situation, and we are delighted that this international event will be held on Danish soil, says Mads Kølbæk and Jacob Olsen in agreement.