British Speedway Forum

To talk of throwing Gollob out for dangerous riding was ridiculous and i expected more from the commentatiing team. Even Loram had a smile on his face when Keith Huewen was quoting them.

:blink: I think you find it was tounge in cheak :wink:

I thought the whole weeks event looked exciting and highly entertaining even with the Poles amassing high scores twice.

Just an aside, but with the blatant (imo) nerfing off of the Pole in the 'run offs' by a certain Swede, did i not see something similar (but failed) against a Mr S Nicholls last night?

Colin :)

Thats the spirit.

Well done.

Last is always best.

UTTER CRAP

Agreed.Was pretty much what i predicted after last year.Some got a bit carried away and forgot that it was a home meeting.The thing that worries me is,what happens next year if there isn't a meeting in Britain.Will we even make the final?A good team manager gets more out of the riders than people would expect.On the face of it,last night was a good opportunity to finish second as both Sweden and Denmark were also poor.O.k Stekkers is new,but even he should be asking questions as to why his top riders didn't perform.In other sports there is a team looking after players/riders,we need to move into the next few years with a modern outlook and employ sports psychiatrists,etc as back up.Read in the paper today the quote from Dave Moorcroft "Every day we wait is a day wasted".How many years are we going to wait and waste? :angry:

Fariy4ever, I did not say I was proud of Team GB, I wasn't. Some of them performed and some of them didn't but overall the team did absolutely nothing to install a feeling of pride in me. As for them not failing I guess you subscribe to the "deferred success" cr*p one of the teaching unions is advocating. Whatever happened to aspiring to success. :mad: Let's reward all the kids that sit on their backsides and not acknowledge those that work their butts of to achieve success :mad:

Rabbit (and others) at no point did I criticise Middlo. I just think he always seems to get bad luck (he says so himself) so maybe to change the luck we have to change the manager.

Comments about the Poles buying success, why not it's not against the rules! It's not cricket but so what. Maybe if Britain had done the same we would have performed better. This is not a criticism but do we really expect the likes of Stead, Harris and Screen to have machinery of the standard needed for this meeting. Let's be realistic it would cost them a fortune for 2 meetings per year so why should they personally bear the cost.

I thought the ref was OKish, I really didn't see any reason to stop any races. These are men remember not CL novices.

I certainly agree about the Poles being proud/delighted to have won etc. Their wholehearted singing of their anthem was in complete contrast to Team GB at Swindon, even if they were only singing Rhubarb, Rhubarb Rhubarb (someone should teach Holta the Polish for beetroot so he could singalong :P )

Edited by Star Lady

Unfortunately i missed most of the WTC as i was holidaying in sunny Looe.Congratulations to Poland on becoming world champions.Team GB were never going to win it imo because as it said in the British gp programme we just have not got any PC' s.The only question in my mind pre meeting was how many Poland were going to win by,and who would finish on the rostrum etc.etc.Perhaps GB could enlist the services of Jason Crump next year by virtue of the fact that he was born in the UK.

As for them not failing I guess you subscribe to the "deferred success" cr*p one of the teaching unions is advocating. Whatever happened to aspiring to success. :mad: Let's reward all the kids that sit on their backsides and not acknowledge those that work their butts of to achieve success :mad:

Well that put the cat among the pigeons.

Star Lady, if I understood about deferred success I would be able to comment but what I do believe in is that you dont knock someone if they are trying. The kid that doesn't win the egg and spoon race on sports day shouldnt be sat in the corner but praised for his own personal acheivement.

I am passionate about sport and my Country and believe it or not I do want to win but I dont start calling for the executioner because we didnt win gold (not saying you did by the way).

Yes, these guys were the ones chosen to represent their Country but I dont think it crossed their minds to say "no, because if I dont win I will be branded a failure"!!

Are Germany, Australia, the Czechs and Russians team bashing on their forums (if they had them) probably not.

There was no way we were going to win last night the Poles were just superb, 3rd place would have been brilliant but it didnt happen.

Maybe I should be giving Scotty and Bomber the cold shoulder at Brandon next week.

Guess what - I wont be!! :D

And B'Witcher - No last is not best as I have said I wanted to win- but it didnt happen. But I will not team bash because of it.

Perhaps GB could enlist the services of Jason Crump next year by virtue of the fact that he was born in the UK.

There's only one problem really. Crump doesn't want to ride for Team GB.

Anyone trying to convince me that Rickardsson is the best rider of all-time is going to have an even bigger task now.  Away from the GP series, he's looked extremely ordinary when I've seen him in 2005 (getting passed by Tom P Madsen in a league match at Arena, and tonight he was frankly dreadful).  He seems completely incapable of dominating an entire season in the same manner as the likes of Mauger, Nielsen, etc.  Best of his era certainly, but best of all-time... not even close.

Agreed

It was pretty obvious that Tony Rickardsson was not quite giving it his all last night.

Poised on the edge of record equalling greatness, it was clear he was not going to take any risks, a point belatedly picked up by the commentary. And who can blame him? Poland were always going to be the winners last night, no need to put yourself in any potentially dangerous situations.

Mauger rarely took any risks in his entire career, so safe and boring was he.

Can someone help me out with the maths. Can Trick mathmatically wrap it all up this Saturday?

Well that put the cat among the pigeons.

Star Lady, if I understood about deferred success I would be able to comment  but what I do believe in is that you dont knock someone if they are trying. The kid that doesn't win the egg and spoon race on sports day shouldnt be sat in the corner but praised for his own personal acheivement.

I am passionate about sport and my Country and believe it or not I do want to win but I dont start calling for the executioner because we didnt win gold (not saying you did by the way).

Yes, these guys were the ones chosen to represent their Country but I dont think it crossed their minds to say "no, because if I dont win I will be branded a failure"!!

Are Germany, Australia, the Czechs and Russians team bashing on their forums (if they had them) probably not.

There was no way we were going to win last night the Poles were just superb, 3rd place would have been brilliant but it didnt happen.

Maybe I should be giving Scotty and Bomber the cold shoulder at Brandon next week.

Guess what - I wont be!!  :D

And B'Witcher - No last is not best as I have said I wanted to win- but it didnt happen.  But I will not team bash because of it.

Girls and sport..eh? :rolleyes:

Two posts of complete drivel....3rd place would not have been brilliant it's cr*p, we're not good enough. And as for the old "can you do better" chesnut :rolleyes:

It was pretty obvious that Tony Rickardsson was not quite giving it his all last night.

Poised on the edge of record equalling greatness, it was clear he was not going to take any risks, a point belatedly picked up by the commentary. And who can blame him?

TRick was a disgrace last night, it's not the first time he's shown his contempt for the World Cup, his team mates and country.

I'm sure there won't be 3 last places flying about in the GP next week?...i'm so glad he doesn't ride for any team i support with his 70% and stuff you lot attitude! :mad:

Edited by frigbo

I wonder if 'gating tart' Rico's last to first in heat 6 made it's way onto the tele's of Beowulf, Steve Brum, Lupus, Steve Hone, Shazzybird, Shooting Star et al??? :angry:

Dont get me wrong i would rather have pearson over millard commentating everyday of the week but i just dont agree with the amazing amount of bias trolled out by pearson and norris in particular.Johnno did a great job the night the aussies rode (tuesday) but he went about his job professionally with little or no bias to his side,this is sky sports ,a professional sporting satellite channel.On to the racing the poles were just different class mechanically to the other teams and won in a canter

Congratulations to the Poles on a superb victory - Gollob was outstanding and it's a pity that we don't see this form as regularly in the GP's as he would definitely be challenging more than he is now :)

All I can say is well done Poland.

So I'll leave it at that. I'm not getting drawn into any childish arguments. :rolleyes: