British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
longlivefrankie

Tony Millard!

The best one tonight being when he was ecstatic for a whole lap when he thought Richardson was at the front and then realised he was tailed off about half a lap behind. Brilliant.

I though he did! I wasn't sure if I'd actually imagined that or misheard it.

What was worse was that he seemed genuinely amazed that Richardson had gone from first to last.

This is the first time I've entered the Millard debate but after last nights cacophony of cock ups I would think Dennis Norden could devote a whole show to him. Perhaps someone can entice Jack Douglas out of TV retirement to replacement the clown.

Oh, and Barbara Windsor as a like for like replacement for that airhead in the pits wouldn't be a bad idea either.

Completely ridiculous last night!! He talks as if he knows nothing about the sport, and we want a commentator that's knowledgable! The funniest bit was when Nicki Pedersen was on the phone to the ref and Millard said "There's Lee Richardson on the phone". Um, what??? :blink::lol:

This is the first time I've entered the Millard debate but after last nights cacophony of cock ups I would think Dennis Norden could devote a whole show to him. Perhaps someone can entice Jack Douglas out of TV retirement to replacement the clown.

Oh, and Barbara Windsor as a like for like replacement for that airhead in the pits wouldn't be a bad idea either.

Sir Ted, couldnt agree more with you??

Have you noticed that Sophie ask her usual inane question stares intently at the rider then nods her head like someones operating her??

I dont know about you, although this a laughable Millard and her spoil my veiwing?

I thought that when Sky first came out you could chose to have a commentary in a different language or none at all?

).

Can somebody find an E-Mail address at Sky that we can send our thoughts to, I am sure they don't realise just how bad he is.
Just go to Sky.com, there is a feedback link at the bottom of the page. You can give feedback to the Sports director (only 512 characters allowed though)

Guest PanthersChamp06

Started at 1038 Characters now done to 538. Its hard work :D

Sir Ted, couldnt agree more with you??

Have you noticed that Sophie ask her usual inane question stares intently at the rider then nods her head like someones operating her??

I dont know about you, although this a laughable Millard and her spoil my veiwing?

I thought that when Sky first came out you could chose to have a commentary in a different language or none at all?

I prefer it when they just have the rider in the picture with the commentator behind. I think the riders give better interviews and say more than 'its hard out there ya no' then Sophies says 'well you'll doing well'.

I dont blame sophie for that, she doesnt make mistakes like Milard, but maybe she should ask questions like, How do you feel about your chances? Is there anyone who you think will do well tonight? Is the track well prepared?

Milard = crap and annoying

Pearson = Bias and annoying.

Just sent this to the sky sports editor, i wonder if it will even get read ?. :unsure:

I have often felt like e-mailing on this subject but i now have no choice. Tony Millard's commentary on the Czech Speedway G.P. was the worst i have ever heard. The guy is usually terrible but this was awful. Constant repetition, wrong riders, he was even told by his co-commentator that it was not a wrong decision by the ref, but it was in-fact the rules. Please do something with him. I subscribe to sky sports purely for speedway but i will re-consider next season if this incompitent is still ruining your otherwise excellent coverage.

Come on folks - let's get him out for next year.

Just sent this to the sky sports editor, i wonder if it will even get read ?.  :unsure:

I have often felt like e-mailing on this subject but i now have no choice. Tony Millard's commentary on the Czech Speedway G.P. was the worst i have ever heard. The guy is usually terrible but this was awful. Constant repetition, wrong riders, he was even told by his co-commentator that it was not a wrong decision by the ref, but it was in-fact the rules. Please do something with him. I subscribe to sky sports purely for speedway but i will re-consider next season if this incompitent is still ruining your otherwise excellent coverage.

We all make simple mistakes, not just Millard. For example, Sky could reply that you haven't spelt incompetent correctly.

Just sent this to the sky sports editor, i wonder if it will even get read ?.  :unsure:

Hear hear!!

). Just go to Sky.com, there is a feedback link at the bottom of the page. You can give feedback to the Sports director (only 512 characters allowed though)

Just done it,guess what? I clicked to "send" and it came up "this portlet is out of action" GREAT!!!!