British Speedway Forum

sorry, rather have Kevin Doolan back at Kings Lynn for a big meeting like this

Good call! :approve:

Just a shame that things weren't thought through properly in the first place. Big shame for Sheffield and their fans.

Yeah I would be very disappointed if the boot was on the other foot.

let's get one thing straight.Let’s get one thing straight.

Everyone can sleight JC all they like but no-one knows the reasons for change plus, any promoter would try and get an event at there own track if they could, surly that's there job. King's Lynn promoter, promoting King's Lynn to run the ELRC. Why not.

If the super7even's organiser had of been Billy Nomates and he owns rubbishtrack Speedway Club, you can be pretty sure he would do all he could to host an event. Wouldn't you.

I don't see how this has become Chapman's problem. These events are run by the BSPA, which in turn is the entire promoter’s up and down the country. So, to just point out JC is wrong. Yes, he's the organiser but he's not the finaliser is he.

Also, everybody knows that EL events have to be run with an air fence. I do believe this is in the regulations so that also makes Mr Machin at fault also. He must have made some sort of promise to be allowed to host the fixture IF the air fence is the reason.

EL riders' safety is more important than PL riders' now then?

Convenient or what that Chapman's own track gets 2 big events :blink:

i think you need to read through the airfence debates that went on for a while regarding issues attached to that.

very convenient for the Chapman's that they own their stadium, think of the uproar if no other club could accomodate this meeting and it had to be cancelled because Sheffield have greyhounds that day.

let's get one thing straight.Let’s get one thing straight.

That's two things :unsure:

That's two things  :unsure:

Just cause I suffer with a stammer you have to take the P ;):rolleyes:

Also, everybody knows that EL events have to be run with an air fence. I do believe this is in the regulations so that also makes Mr Machin at fault also. He must have made some sort of promise to be allowed to host the fixture IF the air fence is the reason.

9.2.2 Must have a safety fence, approved by the SCB, around the outer edge of the course, of a design and construction suitable for the protection of Competitors, Officials and Spectators.

9.2.3 The Safety Fence must be kept in good condition and regularly maintained.

9.2.4 An Approved Inflatable Fence (mandatory in the Elite League) may be placed on or against any type of fence and must be inflated at least 30 minutes before the start of the Meeting.

9.2.6 Advertising is permitted on fences only if these are painted thereon or are affixed throughout

Sheffield is not in the Elite League!

Sheffield v Wolverhampton

Edinburgh v Wolverhampton

Birmingham v Wolverhampton

Kings Lynn v Peterborough

Not even a balloon in sight

Edited by Piccolo

Slate Young Buster all you will, but he has taken on the super7seven events, almost single handedly. He has revived a lot of individual meetings that were dying a death. I understand the British final had its biggest crowd for 8 years.

Remember folks the money that is made from these events could be the difference between some clubs running next year or not. The lad had given it a go and injected some much need interest into these events.......and wot do the forum members want to do ? Moan and groan and slate him for it......Time to wake up and smell the coffee folks.

We all have one common interest i guess, thats the future of British Speedway, so lets get behind these events, when we can and support the people who make it happen it.

rant over

Edited by semion

...personally I think that Birmingham would have been a good choice.

Good shout. It would have been a nice show of support for the returning club to get a bug meeting.

Birmingham ... they would have to get the stadium for the Thursday, and by all accounts it's bad enough getting it for a Wednesday.

Had it been planned from the start it could have been scheduled for the Wednesday rather than the Thursday though.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Those that find it hard to get to one or the other have an opinion accordingly. I can understand that. Personally I think both are good tracks, and the chances of me going to either are slim. I don't have any particular opinion of either as a club, be it good or bad. My only feeling is that speedway needs an air fence whenever possible, at any level. If this is the only change that allows an air fence to be used then so be it. The bottom line is rider safety.

However, a proper explanation of why the original agreement was made and why it's a late change should be forthcoming. It's about time that fans were treated as an integral part of the sport. We are sick of being fobbed off.

9.2.2 Must have a safety fence, approved by the SCB, around the outer edge of the course, of a design and construction suitable for the protection of Competitors, Officials and Spectators.

9.2.3 The Safety Fence must be kept in good condition and regularly maintained.

9.2.4 An Approved Inflatable Fence (mandatory in the Elite League) may be placed on or against any type of fence and must be inflated at least 30 minutes before the start of the Meeting. 9.2.6 Advertising is permitted on fences only if these are painted thereon or are affixed throughout

Sheffield is not in the Elite League!

Sheffield is not in the Elite League. Correct.

But the event is, hence why it's called ELITE LEAGUE RIDERS CAMPIONSHIP

But the event is, hence why it's called ELITE LEAGUE RIDERS CAMPIONSHIP

I thought it was championship myself but you seem to be more clued up on it that I am :unsure::rolleyes:

Slate Young Buster all you will, but he has taken on the super7seven events, almost single handedly.  He has revived  a lot of individual meetings that were dying a death. I understand the British final had its biggest crowd for  8 years. 

Remember folks the money that is made from these events could be the difference between some clubs running next year or not.  The lad had given it a go and injected some much need interest into these events.......and wot do the forum members want to do ?  Moan and groan and slate him for it......Time to wake up and smell the coffee folks.

We all have one common interest i guess, thats the future of British Speedway, so lets get behind these events, when we can and support the people who  make it happen it.

rant over

and of course the money from the bars and food outlets will be shared between the tracks as well, or will KL keep that for themselves

Sheffield v Wolverhampton

Edinburgh v Wolverhampton

Birmingham v Wolverhampton

Kings Lynn v Peterborough

Not even a balloon in sight

...apart from Daniel Nermark :wink:

Slate Young Buster all you will, but he has taken on the super7seven events, almost single handedly.  He has revived  a lot of individual meetings that were dying a death. I understand the British final had its biggest crowd for  8 years. 

Remember folks the money that is made from these events could be the difference between some clubs running next year or not.  The lad had given it a go and injected some much need interest into these events.......and wot do the forum members want to do ?  Moan and groan and slate him for it......Time to wake up and smell the coffee folks.

We all have one common interest i guess, thats the future of British Speedway, so lets get behind these events, when we can and support the people who  make it happen it.

rant over

and of course the money from the bars and food outlets will be shared between the tracks as well, or will KL keep that for themselves

also as stated elsewhere, the FACT that there was not going to be an air fence at sheffield was known when the meeting was allocated to us, so what has changed since that date,

a lot of injuries at sheffield this year NO

EL teams and riders have refused to ride at sheffield this year because there isnt an air fence NO

elite league riders will refuse to ride in the Gary Stead meeting because there isnt an air fence NO

maybe the (mis) management commitee had a bout of temp blindness and deafness when the fact that sheffield cant have an air fence on a thursday was mentioned POSSIBLE

some other reason completely un related to any of the above MOST LIKELY

PS can you give me the crowd figures for the british final for the last eight years to back up your statement

Edited by The Third Man