British Speedway Forum

Must admit i'm generally impressed, she seems to be making a big effort to learn the in's and outs and is very enthusiastic, though i wish Sky woldn't insist on quite so many post race interviews, there's only so much that can be said about even the best of races!

When i got to Ipswich very early before the sky match, she was working very hard studying the programme, speedway star and some other papers, though what impressed me the most was the beaming smile she gave me when i walked past!!

BTW my wife is convinced there is sexual chemistry going on between her and a certain Danish rider??

I obviously can't tell me wife that Charlie's actually smitten with me!!! :wink:

Must admit i'm generally impressed, she seems to be making a big effort to learn the in's and outs and is very enthusiastic, though i wish Sky woldn't insist on quite so many post race interviews, there's only so much that can be said about even the best of races!

When i got to Ipswich very early before the sky match, she was working very hard studying the programme, speedway star and some other papers, though what impressed me the most was the beaming smile she gave me when i walked past!!

BTW my wife is convinced there is sexual chemistry going on between her and a certain Danish rider??

I obviously can't tell me wife that Charlie's actually smitten with me!!! :wink:

i thought it was me :wink:

Dozy clueless bint that makes orion look attractive. Get rid now!!!!

Don't hold back :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just became a follower of Charlies on twitter (why not she is easy on the eye :rolleyes: )

Are there any speedway riders on twitter who have something interesting to say?

Other than the 110% guff which gets right on my wick! :wink:

Edited by Fingersfin

:lol::lol: you must really dislike her .thanks for the complement thou :wink:

Answering just the title of the thread...NO.

If you think Charlie is the worst ever, you have clearly forgotten about Jane Omorogbe.

Personally I think that Charlie, after a shaky start, is actually one of the best, if not THE best, that Sky have used.

Personally I think that Charlie, after a shaky start, is actually one of the best, if not THE best, that Sky have used.

Spot on :approve:

Edited by Halifaxtiger

Spot on :approve:

So she knows nothing about speedway? She fooled me then. I thought she was an enthusiast who was just no good :lol:

But I've had a complete change of mind about her. :unsure:

I remember hearing the BBC sports correspondant Gary Richardson a few years ago thinking he was a shallow career broadcaster. Perhaps the interviewees felt the same but he would then fire in a hard hitting question - while sounding dumb.

I wonder if Charlie is doing the same. She sounds dumb-IMHO- but she's been the only interviewer I can remember who will ask the questions that scream out to be asked.

But please - slow down the delivery. And drop the voice a few tones :wink:

If you think Charlie is the worst ever, you have clearly forgotten about Jane Omorogbe.

I think Charlie is doing a good job. If she did come to the job knowing nothing about any thing about speedway then she is learning well. It's not an easy job to interview riders straight off the track. As for being the best Sky have used, I think she has a long way to go before she's as good as Suzi.

I wish she would learn some other saying ( how important is it ) I could scream every time she say it. Yes we all now to win heats or to win the race or to win the meeting is important.

Agreed and that Jane bint was truely atrocious,Charlie is getting better and is enthusiastic.

It's you. Get a grip, she's the most knowledgeable and easy-going presenter for years. What is the point of your post?

Its an opinion cant you understand that???

Oh, and this is a forum!!!

I thought she did an excellent job tonight, filling in for nearly an hour live without a script when she knew that we knew there wasn't a hope of the meeting going ahead.

She even managed to stop Tatum mentioning Moley :lol: