British Speedway Forum

He basically means people are attending this meeting because the rider quality is high, not because it is for the Ben Fund.

The meeting is a great idea.

But if a Ben Fund meeting was held in, say, July, with NL and lower PL riders filling the field, I would be stunned if even half the amount of fans turned out to watch the meeting.

The meeting is well supported because it is the opening of the new season with a top class field.

Okay, fair enough, everyone has differing opinions, for me to attend it would be for the fact that it would be for the cause first and the field second, but I can accept that there are others out there that will see it differently.

Adam Skornicki and Richard Hall added

Think the organisers are struggling to attract big names this year , was not expecting Richard Hall , very low key name with all respect. Why are the star names not coming forward for this very worthy cause. Was initially looking forward to a top class field but am very disappointed at the turn out after a good start to the field.

maybe there scared of riding a proper racetrack

Strange to see no Tai Woffinden in the line-up so far...

Strange to see no Tai Woffinden in the line-up so far...

Agreed. Ultimately I suppose it's not ALL about who competes or where.Its about how much money was raised at the end of the day. Doesn't seem very long ago that Len silver was slagged off over presentation, track etc but at least there was a big crowd that earned the benfund a few bob

But unless there is an injection of a few really big names a cold saturday afternoon in Lincolnshire is looking less appealing by the minute

ive booked a day off for this but might go to work cuz of the disappointing line up.wheres the top riders :angry:

ive booked a day off for this but might go to work cuz of the disappointing line up.wheres the top riders :angry:

Maybe not the best line up but still worth coming over as we (Scunthorpe) genuinely do have one of the best race tracks that always produces great racing. And let’s not forget it is for a good cause. God forbid it but one of your riders may need help from this great charity.

I see Scunny are opening up the training track so that supporters can have a go....20 laps for a fiver, bargain...anyone up for it?

Edited by Albert

While I can appreciate that people want as strong a line up as possible and that its not going to be a Grand Prix standard meeting, I think one or two people are being a little bit negative. There are plenty of EL riders named and a good sprinkling of proper racers and I for one will be there as its such a good cause to support.

While I can appreciate that people want as strong a line up as possible and that its not going to be a Grand Prix standard meeting, I think one or two people are being a little bit negative. There are plenty of EL riders named and a good sprinkling of proper racers and I for one will be there as its such a good cause to support.

Have you got time to join us in the bar mate :wink:

Bagpuss, precisely. It's a line-up this already features Chris Harris. And KK. And Niels-Kristian Iversen. And Lee Richardson. And six names still to go.

It's going to be a great meeting, especially at Scunny. Bomber alone will be provide so much entertainment around there.

All the best

Rob

Have you got time to join us in the bar mate :wink:

I think it would be rude not to :D