British Speedway Forum

Perhaps now the 'Powers that be' will listen to the Riders and Supporters about this pathetic attempt at manipulation and scrap the damned thing altogether. :mad: :mad: :mad:

I agree, but for some reason these embarassing double-point fiascos keep being talked up on tv as if they are something great. Seeing girls dressed up all sexy and prading Jokers cards is, quite simply, a load of old nonsense. And well done the Danes for not only using the tactics they did but also openly ridiculing the rule in their interviews.

Still think their tactics were prefectly legitimate though, bearing in mind the rules as they stand.

• Like 1

I agree, but for some reason these embarassing double-point fiascos keep being talked up on tv as if they are something great. Seeing girls dressed up all sexy and prading Jokers cards is, quite simply, a load of old nonsense. And well done the Danes for not only using the tactics they did but also openly ridiculing the rule in their interviews.

Still think their tactics were prefectly legitimate though, bearing in mind the rules as they stand.

I thought the Danes attitude in the interviews was a little disgraceful actually.......... unsuprisingly it was at the point when their points lead had been all but removed........ a tough moment for them but shameless to start carping about it at that point rather than before........... or even letting their manager do it post competition

time and place

Pearson was right.... it was a farce

I don't think he was. It's the rule that's the farce. sky have constantly gone into a state of frenzied excitement at the prospect of Jokers and double-points ride while fans around the country cringe at the very thought of them. It was funny to hear Nigel getting indignant about what was happening.

Seriously. Double points just for being behind in a match? Think about it. It's bloody stupid!!!!! And of course team managers are going to do what's best for the team to win a match. It's just so bleedin' obvious.

• Like 3

............................and there's the rub Grachan. :sad:

If SKY like it - then that is all that matters to those in Authority. :mad:

It is very much a case of them saying s*d the Riders, s*d the Supporters - we need SKY's thirty pieces of silver - so - s*d them ALL!! :mad: :mad:

Edited by The White Knight

............................and there's the rub Grachan. :sad:

If SKY like it - then that is all that matters to those in Authority. :mad:

It is very much a case of them saying s*d the Riders, s*d the Supporters - we need SKY's thirty pieces of silver - so - s*d them ALL!! :mad: :mad:

This is the World Cup though. I'm not so sure that Sky have much influence on that even if they do with league racing.

I thought the Danes attitude in the interviews was a little disgraceful actually.......... unsuprisingly it was at the point when their points lead had been all but removed........ a tough moment for them but shameless to start carping about it at that point rather than before........... or even letting their manager do it post competition

time and place

The Danes were right though....and Lemon making himself out to be a right lemon laughing and saying he thought Watt had engine trouble.......it just showed the sport up to be a joke....

• Like 1

This is the World Cup though. I'm not so sure that Sky have much influence on that even if they do with league racing.

I'm sure they will have some input. He who pays the Piper calls the Tune. :sad:

I'm sure they will have some input. He who pays the Piper calls the Tune. :sad:

But were they the only tv company showing the SWC?Why wouldn't a Polish or Swedish or Danish tv company have some say?

Come on do you reckon Crump wouldn't have done the same, or any other rider savvy enough? I don't like it but thems the rules, needs changing.

Crump definitely would not have done the same...... in fact he is probably the last person to do something like that considering how cautious he has become since his injury

I don't think he was. It's the rule that's the farce. sky have constantly gone into a state of frenzied excitement at the prospect of Jokers and double-points ride while fans around the country cringe at the very thought of them. It was funny to hear Nigel getting indignant about what was happening.

Seriously. Double points just for being behind in a match? Think about it. It's bloody stupid!!!!! And of course team managers are going to do what's best for the team to win a match. It's just so bleedin' obvious.

When Pearson said it had become a farce we had just seen Jensen and Watt slow up on the last bend with a rider in full flow between them.... he was not talking about the Joker

We all used to watch its a knockout Grachan and are aware of the dubious nature of the rule..... however it does what it is supposed to do and allows teams a way back into the meeting, riders to continue racing to the end of the meeting (!) and fans and TV interest to continue .......... I personally think it needs tweaking but ultimately it still has nothing to do with riders slowing on the last bend

Some things in speedway need to take prominance over others... safety should be at the top... that in turn should mean that it wasn't even an option for Pedersen........... not least the fact that they are supposed to be racing as per the rules

The Danes were right though....and Lemon making himself out to be a right lemon laughing and saying he thought Watt had engine trouble.......it just showed the sport up to be a joke....

yes I agree Mark Lemon's comments, although cheeky, did the situation no favours either

so the Danes were right before the Aussies got 6 points on their joker? Did they mention it before? Do we think they would have mentioned it if they had been the ones using a joker?

Edited by spook

Brilliant from the Danes, Brilliant from Nicki. I am so glad the JOKE rule did not decide the world title. Maybe the powers that be will realise what a JOKE it is now.

I think the fact that Nicki did it and so many people on here support what he did shows he was right to do it. More than any other rider people love to get on Nicki;s back and the fact that it is pretty even, if not more for him shows that most fans think the Joker rule is a joke!!

Yes its good when it works for you but even when it does, dont you just have a feeling inside that you dont deserve the points you get from it.

Denmark were better than Aus all night and if they had lost by a point or two it would have been crazy.

Well done the Danes!!

• Like 1

Crump definitely would not have done the same...... in fact he is probably the last person to do something like that considering how cautious he has become since his injury

When Pearson said it had become a farce we had just seen Jensen and Watt slow up on the last bend with a rider in full flow between them.... he was not talking about the Joker

We all used to watch its a knockout Grachan and are aware of the dubious nature of the rule..... however it does what it is supposed to do and allows teams a way back into the meeting, riders to continue racing to the end of the meeting (!) and fans and TV interest to continue .......... I personally think it needs tweaking but ultimately it still has nothing to do with riders slowing on the last bend

Some things in speedway need to take prominance over others... safety should be at the top... that in turn should mean that it was even an option for Pedersen........... not least the fact that they are supposed to be racing as per the rules

yes I agree Mark Lemon's comments, although cheeky, did the situation no favours either

so the Danes were right before the Aussies got 6 points on their joker? Did they mention it before? Do we think they would have mentioned it if they had been the ones using a joker?

The rule is a joke and was exposed to all watching......blown out in the open now it has no credibility and you will have to make more stupid rules to keep it in place and try to give it some credibility.Exclude riders who aren't trying......ok,then they fain engine failure or miss the 2 minute warning etc so they don't go the required amount in front......run out of fuel on the last lap etc.....all a farce.the rule is stupid and so are the riders then forced into stupid actions.Why not have itin the GPs as well if it is such a great rule as a fair number of the riders have by now no chance of winning.....let them use jokers in all their rides until they are in with a chance again....

Were the Danes interviewed on tv or in the Star before and mentioned they were in favour of the rule?I don't know.All i know is when the subject came up they said it was rubbish.......

Edited by iris123

Well I reckon he would, Pedersen didn't just shut off, he had a good look at what was behind him, had plenty of time as he'd built enough of a lead in the race, there was not much chance of a pile up there. If changes are not made to the rule then it will lead to lesser skilled riders trying to do it and there could be carnage.

Either way that one moment in time spoiled the memory of a good weeks speedway, it exposed the sport for the farce it is becoming.

Fact-at the moment their is this joker rule,so you have to try and get the best out of these rules,no point in moaning,Nikki P saw the situation as it was and although he raced hard for 3 and a bit laps(think thats gone missing amonst a few on here) he was on the ball with the situation in hand and duly made the most of it,you cant blame the rider for clever thinking.

I have to say knowone has mentioned the final heat when AJ clamped Crump a bit like scott Nicholls years ago when a similar thing happened to us with the Danes and the Swedes ganged up.If that was done on purpose hen that for me is 10 times worse.

The rule is a joke and was exposed to all watching......blown out in the open now it has no credibility and you will have to make more stupid rules to keep it in place and try to give it some credibility.Exclude riders who aren't trying......ok,then they fain engine failure or miss the 2 minute warning etc so they don't go the required amount in front......run out of fuel on the last lap etc.....all a farce.the rule is stupid and so are the riders then forced into stupid actions.Why not have itin the GPs as well if it is such a great rule as a fair number of the riders have by now no chance of winning.....let them use jokers in all their rides until they are in with a chance again....

Were the Danes interviewed on tv or in the Star before and mentioned they were in favour of the rule?I don't know.All i know is when the subject came up they said it was rubbish.......

yes I agree about things such as a 2min exclusion.... that is a way for teams to pervert the joker rules and get away with it.

running out of fuel... can be checked

engine failure.......... can be checked

all that was exposed to me is that some riders are willing to put themselves and others in danger......... maybe the rule makers never expected that to be a problem...... don't blame it on the rules.... blame it on those riders who are willing to do that............like I said it shouldnt have been an option............. needless to say it was no suprise Nicki was the first as he proves time and time again he has no regard for anyones safety

when it came up? it came up because they brought it up... why did they (Nicki again) bring it up? because the Aussies had just posted 6 points and were back in it....... everyone knew the rules before the meeting started and to start moaning about it at that point was weak.........

maybe you are right and there is no getting past something like the 2min exclusion .... what a shame the 2012 final was won with zero class..... and riders are possibly responsible for changing rules in this manner

I agree completely. I haven't watched the final yet but have never liked the rule. Hopefully this has brought it to a head.

But its one thing everyone saying they'll have to change it now, but as long as people keep paying at the gate, why would they change anything?

So how about if you dont like the rule, you dont go to the World Cup next year?? with empty stadiums and losing money they'd have to listen.