British Speedway Forum
Paulco

Glasgow Tigers V Berwick Bandits Pl 9th Sept 2012 @4p.m.

Your not kidding about the choice of guests on Friday, if Joe's not fit. Rye House, Newcastle and Sheffield are our choices as Ipswich and Leicester are ruled out due to 8 day rule or 192 hour rule or whatever!! Stuart Robson looks like the only choice. Edinburgh can use Ipswich or Leicester so they have more choice. Rye also need somebody although if I were them I would go for James Grieves

There's no eight day rule for a guest at No 1. You can use the same rider every week, home and away, if you want.

That doesn't mean there isn't a shortage of suitable riders, of course. But both teams can use virtually any available rider (in either league) at No 1 on Friday night, provided their averages are under Cookie or Screenie's.

I enjoyed yesterday's meeting , and got the hangover to prove it . Though as has been a constant theme throughout this season , the rain tried it's level best to ruin things .

Berwick fought hard and looked capable of getting something from the meeting , but Son of God and James Grieves with 5-1's in heats 13 and 15 soon prevented that happening .

Son of God was superb , surely it's about time he stopped messing around and claimed his birthright by wearing the Tigers number 1 racejacket permanently . Tigers never really had a weak link though , well Sitera apart , and it was nice to finish the home league campaign with 3 points . For the Bandits Bellego and Alden started like a train , but fell away towards the end of the meeting . Was well impressed with Barrett , Berwick looked to have stumbled onto a good'un there . Just 3 away meetings to go now , starting with the House of Fun on Friday .

There's no eight day rule for a guest at No 1. You can use the same rider every week, home and away, if you want.

That doesn't mean there isn't a shortage of suitable riders, of course. But both teams can use virtually any available rider (in either league) at No 1 on Friday night, provided their averages are under Cookie or Screenie's.

I'm fairly sure that there is an 8 day rule applicable to an away teams choice of guest - so DW would be correct in that they cannot use anyone from Ipswich, Rye House or Leicester.

I'm fairly sure that there is an 8 day rule applicable to an away teams choice of guest - so DW would be correct in that they cannot use anyone from Ipswich, Rye House or Leicester.

Yes, you are right and I was wrong.

It is only the home team who can use the same No 1 (or NL reserve) ad infinitum. Which seems a tad unfair.

I think most Berwick fans are resigned to the fact that any points from Klaus are just a bonus.

That's what I like about Newcastle - they have stuck, to a large extent to giving Paul Starke Steve Worrall's Reserve position. I think it is great that the 'Diamonds' are persevering with a young BRITISH Rider and not signing up suspect foreigners who are no better than our British National League Lads. He is doing very well too.

• Like 3

That's what I like about Newcastle - they have stuck, to a large extent to giving Paul Starke Steve Worrall's Reserve position. I think it is great that the 'Diamonds' are persevering with a young BRITISH Rider and not signing up suspect foreigners who are no better than our British National League Lads. He is doing very well too.

qutie agree, why after all these meetings Klaus still has a team spot i do not no. Against somerset we had James Sarjeant riding who only scored one point but was on the pace and against a lesser team would have scored alot more points. He showed guts and determination which as a Berwick fan would much rather see than Klaus who to put it mildly is a joke!!!!.

• Like 1

If he doesn't score they dont pay him, simple!

He will be paid Start money, I would suggest. :)

So, you are seemingly unaware of the concept of even NL guests being on guarantees.

Nobody these days leave the house for travel money in the blind hope they might earn a few quid

He will be paid Start money, I would suggest. :)

I'd guess the last rider to be paid start money was riding an upright engine.

Know were you're coming from having a crap reserve earning next to nowt means you can pay a no1 a bit more , but they cant keep bemoaning about their bad luck then bring in numptys like this .

So, you are seemingly unaware of the concept of even NL guests being on guarantees.

Nobody these days leave the house for travel money in the blind hope they might earn a few quid

I'd guess the last rider to be paid start money was riding an upright engine.

you knew what he meant, are you constantly on your rags or what? :)

Beats me how riders like Jakobson keep getting team places. Never been better than a reserve and seemingly going backwards.

Beats me how riders like Jakobson keep getting team places. Never been better than a reserve and seemingly going backwards.

After watching Sitera the past couple of home meeting's it is going to be a while before he is ready for 500 cc , in fact it is just as well the bikes don't have gears or he wouldn't know how to get it out of reverse :party:

• Like 1

Looks like Sitera's been given the boot in favour of James McBain. Certainly doesnt make us any weaker

Looks like Sitera's been given the boot in favour of James McBain. Certainly doesnt make us any weaker

worky could be interested along with hawkins and davey they are spoilt for choice
  • Like 1