British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Paulco

Glasgow 2013

I see a few mentions of the BSPA being unable to fund an independent MC.

I'd make two suggestions to change the current set up based on the fact that the individuals involved are making decisions on the interpretation of a rule book.

1. The current PL, EL and NL MCs swap places in matters such as this.

Or...

2. Use a body of former promoters or better still, referees to make decisions on rider eligibility. Considering the low frequency of necessary meetings, the cost wouldn't be prohibitive.

This would reduce the paranoia. Though I do accept some promoters could potentially have an interest in another league.

Edited by george.m

Joey Ringwood's appeal was today. Anyone know the outcome?

Why dont the BSPA at their AGM decide what the eligibility criteria for foreigners joining British speedway is and published it ?

That way promotors and fans would know who they might be able to sign.

It also should reduce the LMC having to meet and decide eligibility.

Maybe I,m being a bit simplistic but if its too complicated mistakes are going to be made.

• Like 2

Why dont the BSPA at their AGM decide what the eligibility criteria for foreigners joining British speedway is and published it ?

Maybe I,m being a bit simplistic but if its too complicated mistakes are going to be made.

my guess is that this is published to all clubs, just some either ignore it.

one question on this, did Glasgow submit the correct paperwork for these two ?

perhaps that is why they were rejected and then Horwoods got passed so quickly after being rejected.

People seem quick to put the blame on the BSPA but infact the truth may lie closer to home.

I think the difficulty is that the old system was being eligible by virtue of finishing in the top 3/4 in their State Championships.

That seems to have changed and now there is a process of assessment regarding experience and performance, which obviously can be flawed according to who you use for the assessment. Given that, it would be extremely difficult to write down what aspects could, and how would be, assessed and what is the level that is no or yes. I think last years experience of Jaydon O' Malley was a worry and possibly the bar has been raised to prevent it happening again.

Edited by Tsunami
  • Like 1

With the top 4 in most championship already riding in the uk maybe they should have a championship just for riders that think they are ready for riding over here and top 4 or so riders being given the chance to get over here

With the top 4 in most championship already riding in the uk maybe they should have a championship just for riders that think they are ready for riding over here and top 4 or so riders being given the chance to get over here

Although I dont know quaifications regarding work permits regarding Department of Employment,I think if Teams are willing to finance Young Aussies who are going to cost LESS than a young Brit who not does fancy the Travel up North or want too much money compared to an Aussie they should be allowed to sign. Edited by Fromafar

That would be like an old style GP challenge proper Harum Scarum

there is a procedure in place just now for this.

If the top 4 are already riding in Britain, the BSPA will look at the other applicants, which they have done on this season.

Max Fricke finished 5th in 2 state championship, therefore 1st finisher outside of the 4 already in the uk.

The scunny rider, finished 2nd in a state championship so qualified.

The two Glasgow riders, well i have checked the speedway website's for them competing in the state championships, and can't find any mention of them in any, But hopefully im proved wrong.

Yes i can understand that if they are injured they didn't ride in them, but also that doesn't prove that they would have qualified.

Personally i hope that they both get work permits, but its a big gamble/cost if they turn out to be rubbish,

From what i am lead to believe is that when the m/c decide on a ruling like this , they need a majority 3-2 against. hence the reason there are 5 members. So for all those who thinks it one person, think again. :t:

• Like 1

So Joey Ringwood has also now been approved. So why did three other rookies get in first time, but the two Tigers had to go to appeals?

The Tigers just got stronger. ;)

• Like 1

So Joey Ringwood has also now been approved. So why did three other rookies get in first time, but the two Tigers had to go to appeals?

It a conspiracy everyone is out to get the tiggers!! :)

The Tigers just got stronger. ;)

Would love to hear how

• Like 1

It a conspiracy everyone is out to get the tiggers!! :)

Would love to hear how

I am assuming you know first hand that it makes us weaker then would love to hear how ;)

I am assuming you know first hand that it makes us weaker then would love to hear how ;)

It doesn't make you stronger but it doesn't make you weaker either if that makes any sense at all

It doesn't make you stronger but it doesn't make you weaker either if that makes any sense at all

No