British Speedway Forum

Oh yes we have a long history of panic signings and most of them don't work, just would have thought Doolan was still a better option at the moment.

Doolan has generally been doing a decent solid job, and certainly better than off-form Rob Mear who he replaced but he has not done anything really special. He flopped very badly in the home match against Swindon. If he had even rode up to his average Lakeside could probably have won the match. In short Doolan is a reasonable reserve but not one to pull something special out of the bag when the pressure is on. That's not a criticism but you need something extra to be serious play-off contenders. On top of that, even Doolan's PL team manager has been hinting that Kev has been taking so many guest bookings he hasn't had time in between to prepare his bikes properly. Whether that is true or not I don't know but certainly his form doesn't seem to be what it was when he was first signed.

Nelson is to some extent a bit of a gamble that could backfire or could pay-off. It is really all based on a great tear-up he had with Fast Freddie when he guested for the Hammers against Wolves. A world class rider who was scoring well that night against a PL rider on his first visit do the track and Tyson really gave Fred a run for his money before Fred took control. An exceptional and gutsy performance from the 20-year old. The $64,000 question is whether he can repeat that sort of ride on a fairly regular basis ? I think Lakeside have to give it a try although their early season performances have made the play-offs a difficult task now and on top of that Nelson will be unavailable for one or two key meetings notably Eastbourne away. The fear is that it will be a repeat of Kyle Legault who was signed up after a fantastic win over Scott Nicholls then went backwards.

I suppose the other thing is that Tyson is showing promise and there will be other clubs interested in him for 2014 so its as well to give him a try now with a view to next year if he does ok.

Doolan has been poor its a good change. If seb don't up his game he may well be next

Well confirmed on the Lakeside Website their will be a new rider coming in for Ulamek. Wonder who? Jedrejak would be my bet or Ljung.

How many points have Lakeside got to play with? Cannot see it being a very exciting signing. :sad:

Baring in mind five of our last six meetings are away from home and mostly on large track, i certainly would not rule out Ljung as being a candidate.

Well confirmed on the Lakeside Website their will be a new rider coming in for Ulamek. Wonder who? Jedrejak would be my bet or Ljung.

I think Ljung is now a Lakeside asset and gets on well with Jon Cook so he must be the most likely candidate. I believe he didn't want to do a full British season on top of his Swedish and Polish commitments but with the Polish season soon to be winding down he can probably cope with a few extra meetings (and money).

The problem is that the re-arranged Sky meeting at Peterboro seems to fall on the day of the Swedish Championship so PK and Ljung, (if it is him will be missing)

Options

Peter Ljung - 5.60

Michael Jepsen Jensen - 6.54 and his bikes are now in the UK for the GP challenge.

Greg Walasek - 6.24 - Linked with Lakeside last year

I think Ljung is now a Lakeside asset and gets on well with Jon Cook so he must be the most likely candidate. I believe he didn't want to do a full British season on top of his Swedish and Polish commitments but with the Polish season soon to be winding down he can probably cope with a few extra meetings (and money).

The problem is that the re-arranged Sky meeting at Peterboro seems to fall on the day of the Swedish Championship so PK and Ljung, (if it is him will be missing)

I hope not, PK is a delight to watch at the showground. :neutral:

Ulamek and Doolan out....AJ and Ellis in ;)

• Like 1

Walasek no chance of coming, carrying a back injury, thought you'd know that THJ!

No way walasek would come back to lakeside he hates the place

No way walasek would come back to lakeside he hates the place

....and he'd cost too much and probably not be that committed against Poole!!?? :P

Swedish final is on August 30th(same date as Danish final)are you getting mixed up ??

Edited by racers and royals